Do guys usually come back after a breakup?

i have been told a lot recently since me and boyfriend broke up we were together a year and a half. I have been told that if I give my ex boyfriend space and act like I moved on he will come back because he wants what he can't have and if I was texting him and calling him and I stopped he would want to know what happened to me? or he would miss me enough to come back or he could come back for the wrong reasons meaning sex or his rebound relationship did not work out?and if he comes back it means he still cares? is any of this true or does it depend on why you broke up? If it true how long would it take for the guy to come back like a month, 2 months, more?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It depends on the guy and the reason why the two of you broke up. If the guy broke up with you without stating that his problem with the relationship was you, then there's a chance that he will come back after you've given him space to figure himself out. Guys tend to be enticed by that which they can't have and turned off by what's readily available to them. It's in their nature. They are attracted to confidence, so the best way to handle a break-up that wasn't your idea is to live your life and not make your ex-boyfriend the center of your world. It has happened in my experience. Basically, the guy I was going out with didn't want to commit to me even though all signs were there that he liked me, and we got along perfectly. He basically wanted to be friends with benefits, and I wasn't up for that because I genuinely liked him. As hard as it was, I ended things with him and didn't talk to him for a while. About a month and a half later, he started writing to me again. We ended up hanging out as friends, and he realized what he was missing and got back together with me. Things between us were better than ever the second time around because he fixed his past mistake. My advice? Keep your ex-boyfriend as an option, but don't wait around for him because there are no guarantees that he'll come back. I

What Guys Said 2

• Put it this way. I am going through the same thing at the moment. We both decided we needed a break, I called her a week later telling her how much I missed her and wanted to be with her but she shut me down with "i miss you but not being with you" and "i don't want to be with you right now"The only thing I can do is give her space and if she comes back to me then she obviously loves me and if not, she never did. It's been about a month now and still no contact. I don't contact her for the same reason you won't contact your ex "to seem needy". This is probably the best thing you can do but I don't think it would hurt to contact your ex after 5 weeks of no contact to see how he is doing. You could let him know that you still care but if he doesn't make his mind up soon he's going to loose you forever. That should fastforward things a bit.Me on the other hand, I'm still undecided. She knows how I feel about her so the ball is in her court. I hope this helps a bit! :)

• Women and men "want what they can't have". It works but the sad part is once yall start going out again its like a cirlce and they enter their same routine. It happend to me twice, one 2 years ago and one now! lol.

What Girls Said 2

• There are no definite guarantees with a guy's behavior; it depends on the guy. I will say one thing that attracts a guy is confidence, so give him time and live your life with confidence in front of him.

• some do some dont..as simpe as that...just try and live your life...dont go to him unless he comes to you..that will show you..if he misses you are not...and if he really cared...