Guys - why would you text your ex your new cell number after you broke up with her?

About a month after my ex broke up with me in Feb, he texts me his new cell number. He wanted to remain friends because he didn't want to "burn any... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Hey now girls do this too. I dated someone who texted her new number to her ex after we been dating for almost a year. So imagine how frustrated I was, when I bought her a new phone with a new number. Kinda did it to see who she would be willing to give it out too. Man, did that blow up in my face.

Any how, the way I see it is that he still might care but not enough to work on a real friendship with you. I think he would be more upset with himself not being able to leave a door open for you and have you call him and get a message like, "this number is no longer in use".

I can't speak for why he acts the way he does but I do know that I wouldn't refuse s*x with an ex with no strings attached (besides from one girl, only because I still kinda care and that could set me back).

Remember that he knows you better then anyone else on this site and that he could be doing this just to see if you would use the number. This way the ball is basically in his court. You have the number, so now you have a choice whether or not to use it is up to you.

• I've known he's a selfish a-hole for months, and I STILL hang on...I wish his damn number wasn't branded into my mind! Lol.

• Show Older
    • Yes, 'chrissyla8706' I kinda do care for the ex but there is so much sexual tension between the two of us, it's crazy. So even tho emotionally I can move on, I have a hard time getting past how physically attracted I am to this person. So when I say it would set me back, it would just make me want all the things we have already tired, but failed. I still think she is amazing and have so much respect for her, therefore will not be a jackass and let her move on and be happy because she deserves it

• To the anonymous question asker. "I wish his damn number wasn't branded into my mind". You probably don't have his new number memorized so just erase it and be done with it. This way if he does popcorn you with a phone call you can just say, "oh yeah you did change your number, I just didn't take it down when you sent it to me". Because why would you care to, you know what I mean. Think if you sent him your number and he never called, you do and he was all, oh yeah totally forgot. You get the idea