Why did my ex boyfriend text me on the holiday?

I dated my ex for a few months, we broke up on his terms after he lost his job and had a nervous breakdown saying he has his own issues. I suspected... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• He broke-up after having several other serious things go down in his life. He may be unsure of his feelings for you and, at the least, wants to be friendly or cordial. I wouldn't take this one message as meaning he is ready to see you or get back together, but it is a nice gesture.

As far as him treating you badly and you retaliating, learn a lesson from this. The old adage, two wrongs don't make a right is so true. I get how hard it is to resist lashing out at someone who is being a jerk, but sadly, it often ends up with you, the victim, looking as bad as the person who started it. In fact, after a few negative exchanges people start to forget who "started" it and it just turns into a nasty mess. If he were to go down that path again, I would cut contact and if he tried to talk to me again, I would start by letting him know that his previous actions were unacceptable and asking for an apology (and in a calm way, not a bitchy way).