Why does my ex's best friend want to date me now...

OK so my ex and I broke up about 2 weeks ago and his bff which whom he talks to pretty much everyday somehow got my number from someone (not the ex) and as soon as he heard me and the ex split he called me and has been wanting to hang out. When I asked him yesterday if he(ex/bff) knew we were texting and talking he replied with "i didn't cause y'all to split up, I had nothing to do with that, so I don't think it matters if we talk" basically I don't think he's told the ex. The ex went back to his ex (lol) they have kids together and just wanted to "try" it out one last time-cool by me- so the ex can't really be mad, right? The ex still asks our friends about me and how I'm doing, tells them to tell me things that we use to say to make me laugh. we had a really good relationship but the kids are very young and were starting to not know who he was and what not. I don't know am I playing with fire or what?

The new guy even asked my ex after the very first time we met IF me and the ex were to break up could he try and date me and the ex said "i man I guess if she wanted to do that we would not be together so I can't tell her what to do anyway"

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• The real question is: ┬┐do you like this new guy?

If you like your x's best friend, I'd say go for it.

Sure, he is breaking the bro code by not telling his friend, but that's his problem. Their friendship might debilitate, or your ex might be really understanding and say "well, since it worked out between you , its allright".

It's his problem, don't worry so much about it.

Now, if what you fear is not that their friendship mught suffer, but that you ex would be mad at you and you still want there to be a chance for you with him down the road, then perhaps you could consider asking your ex, if he'd be OK with him that you date his friend. That is... if you have a huge level of trust with your ex.

• well in that case just stay away from him. He is a crappy bro... he'd make a crappy bf.

• The new guy could never compare to my ex in fact I am not sure anyone ever could we had such an amazing relationship and it really dwelled down to the kids and how they do not know him and so on he is an amazing father and I understand and respect him for at least trying it out for his own sanity to know that he tried for the kids. It shocked me more than anything that the new guy would contact me literally 2 days after the ex and I split and the fact that he hasn't told the ex/bff is shady

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!