Ex responding to my text, then ignoring me again. Why is he doing this?

So after a month of NC on my part I decided to text my ex boyfriend on Saturday. 5 min later, he responded with a pic from a hike he was on. He... Show More

I need to add that he isn't seeing her anymore. I'm friends with his roommates' gf.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anon Again: Continued ...lol :) Its not that he has a special power over you/or that your relationship was created in the heavens and that you are life long soul mates...Don't kid yourself...The reason why your so intrigued and glued to this guy is the same reason I was...hes a challenge and because ,ill admit , I had a bit of a low self esteem issue I felt like he was so great and I could never find anyone who would make me feel like he does...(which is like crap.) he never really treated me in a great special kinda way...Dont you think its sad that we are settling? For scraps! Measly little texts makes our hearts flutter and think "He loves me!" but come on he should want to see you! be with you! and commit to you and only you because he's afraid to loose something great...But he could careless if you move on! so do it!... We allow them to treat us this way because we hope that they will notice how great we are and that we are the ONE. but honey you are great and if he doesn't see that then tell that loser to step aside becasue the guys who does see how great you are is waiting for you just around the corner...

The reason why @$$holes like him treat woman like that is because we allow it! I was having a chat with my girlfriends at a restrurant and she said this to me: "Dude seriously why are you so desperate?...You know I'm sick and tired of this! Your selling yourself short for a guy who doesn’t deserve you. Its desperate insecure bitches like you that allow men to treat us this way. You enable him in hopes of him seeing that he has a good thing and that he will change but all you are proving to him is that you don’t have self respect and pride as a woman. Grow a back bone and if he won't respect you, you should at least respect yourself.” ... I was so humiliated but I knew she was right...This is why I cut all ties with him and HIS FRIENDS! No Contact with anyone that he knew or anyone that I met through him...even facebook...You have to do it and it will be hard but like I said text your friends when you miss him. I did and my girls would reply back by saying things like ,"Leave me alone its over" or they woudl pretend they were his new girlfriend and say things like "leave my man alone" Then it would quickly snap me bk to reality and I would think man this guy really doesn't deserve me... trust me it sounds crz but if your true friends love you they will help...Good luck !

Asker upvoted
    • Dont you think its sad that we are settling? For scraps! Measly little texts makes our hearts flutter and think "He loves me!" but come on he should want to see you! be with you! and commit to you and only you because he's afraid to loose something great...But he could careless if you move on! so do it!..." WOW! Seriously, this is exactly what I needed to hear! THANK YOU! I think I finally get it. God and to think I wasted 1 year over missing someone like that! I feel nauseated! Lol.