Does an open relationship work?

I have been with my boyfriend for over three years now, and I am absolutely in love with him. However, recently I realized that I would like to pursue the attention I've been getting from other guys (which is a lot since I'm a pretty girl working in a male-dominated field). I believe my boyfriend... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, this relationship is pretty doomed. He wants you and you don't want him. Period. End of sentence. You want to see other guys because the prospect of seeing them is more intersting to you then staying with this guy. "Open relationship" is just code for he'll stay at home and be depressed, while you go out and eventually hook up with another guy. And the relationship will "close" once you've found someone you're into.

• Turns out that's exactly what happened. I knew that too, but I guess I just didn't want to admit it to myself.

• So you've got a new guy now? How's that going?