How to break up without hurting her.

Ok so I'm sure it is well known that most guys lack the break up gene. I have never broken up with a girl but I am wanting to break up with my... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Honesty is the best way to go. Short term, it hurts like hell. Long term, she will be able to look back and see the problems for what they were and come to terms with it. You will be one of the good guys, when she gets older, because you didn't feed her a line of bullshit just to get off scot free. Instead you respected her enough to tell her the truth.

Let me tell you - there are a lot of men out there that will feed you a line of bullshit .

Let her cry and yell at you. Of course she is going to be angry, no one like to be rejected. Don't get defensive, allow her to have her say. She'll probably tell you things you don't want to hear, it's OK, you just broke up with her. No need to "over" comfort her - that might send out the wrong signals.

Don't feel too bad, you are doing the right thing. Being in an unhappy relationship is like lying - this way she will hopefully be able to move on and find a guy that is just right for her. It's great you're a sensitive guy and I wish you the best.

If she is psycho - none of the above applies.