• Ask
  • myTake

Why do people get SCARED if being told someone is in love with them?

People are always saying how you can scare someone away by telling them how you feel. i don't tel people how I feel- but not because I'm afraid they... Show More

What Guys Said 1

• males are usually not comfortable with bare emotions

• im not talking about men. I'm talking about people. & I know people are not comfortable--myself included as I said. in the post, I'm a woman by the way. but I still make an effort to be respectful. & also, if someone is not comfortable, that's part of saying they are 'scared' which is what the question is based on, I ask why people are scared, so you say because they are scared.. that does not answer why. I asked why. i am asking people WHY they are afraid to be told someone likes the, 'why' ;)

What Girls Said 1

• Well personally, I fell like I won't be able to reciprocate what they feel towards me. Or that they'll feel more than I fell and that's just not fair.

• what do you mean 'fair; you can't force yourself t feel what you dont.anyone telling someone how they feel, is aware the feelings may not be reciprocated. to act as tho they have no clue is an additional insultanyways are you afrai of being told? because that was the question.. if someone tells you their feelings, they know it might not be reciprocated.. so I don't see why that scares you.

• Show Older
    • true, I don't know sometimes emotions and the way we process them doesn't always make sense.

• but if you recognize they don't make sense, than you have the ability to make them make sense. You can't be aware of something & not be aware of .anyways I guess what you are saying, is it scares you because you think them telling you &u not reciprocating will hurt them, & you do not want to feel like you hurt someone?