Do men feel the same way during a break up?!?!?!

I'm sorry but I have to ask? Do men hurt during a break up like women?! I mean a long-term relationship? for any situation. (well I don't wanna say cheating because we all kno how that is) What about also as time goes by. does it just fade away?

Most Helpful Guy

• How could there be no pain during a break up? We are human beings too, but we are the masters of covering our feelings. I guess God made us what we are. I suppose that is the reason why it's hard for a man to open up during a break up, I suppose that could also be the reason why some men turn to drugs, alcohol, and endless playing of vgames. To temporarily cover up the pain that is inside of them. But this is all irrelevent if the love was never there in the first place. God Bless. =)

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 9

• It depends on the guy and how bad the breakup was, but yes, guys DO feel bad.

• Yes. We suffer just as much but in less obvious ways. I think it takes us much longer to move on completely.

Honestly, I think it fades but never all the way away. For me, it's like having a scar. It's always there, constant reminder ,but you don't always notice it . and after awhile you just deal with it being a part of you and accept that the injury was long ago and has no relevance to the present.

• Is this true even if it was a mutual break up or if he initiated it but it was on good terms?

• Not always. When I have had another waiting in the wings, I have had the feeling of less/no pain since I am now focused on someone new, for example. Usually, you miss something though. Often, as well, you get buyers fremorse and later on miss things about your old gf.

• it depends on how sentimental the guy is.guys hurt as much as girls too I don't know why people have that common misconception abt guys.maybe its because we dun display it too obviously.but guys are people too.definitely they'll hurt

• Yes, we have feelings too!

• If the guy loves the girl and cares about her, he'll definitely be hurt. The phrase that "time heals all" is correct, however.

More from Guys
4

What Girls Said 4

• I believe men hurt worse if they really care about a woman. I think everyone has a healthy dose of baggage that they take with them. The baggage is the thing that makes you not want to see another person and run like HELL away from relationships. I think men run away a lot more than women. Also, I think it takes men longer to get over women and I know that the feelings fade in time. Hopefully there are enough good relationships in between, that way you don't concentrate on a negative experience so much.

• If a guy was truly in love with you he is definitely hurting and will never get over it completely. Guys usually do not take the appropriate steps following a breakup to heal, like crying, talking about it, learning from their mistakes, etc. Instead they keep their emotions bottled up inside and quickly try to replace you with the next warm body they can find. Because of that, they do not successfuly go through the appropriate stages of the greiving process and thus hold on to their emotions and regret their whole lives.

• I think they do, they can hide it really well but they still hurt. It is impossible for anyone to have a close relationship with someone for a long time and then just completely move on when it's over.

• only if they're crazy about the girl. they don't if they have no feelings.