Why do ex's always come back once you start to move on?

After 6.5 years she breaks up with me, and three months later she is trying to talk/text me. It seems like it's always three months after people break up they start to show some interests in getting back together after you begged and told them how much you love them. Anyone else have this happen to them?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Happened to me, I got distance from him and after a month of no contact he wanted me back in his life emotionally and physically. But he didn't want a relationship so I had to walk away, I am in the process of moving on, but he is still trying to suck me back. I think for his it's all about control, he enjoys he can have me and when he didn't have that control he couldn't handle it. I read some get your ex back books and they say not contacting your ex is the best thing you can do to get them back. And if you ease back into it and eventually talk about why things went belly up then you can make your relationship stronger then before. So if you play your cards right you can have her back :)

• Yea those books work, but it took so long for her I really don't know if I should take her back. I still have strong feelings for her but I don't know if I could ever feel like I could trust her and would be scared to get hurt again.

What Girls Said 3

• move on...it only builds the ego to watch you beg! its only a game...u don't need round 2!

• I'm sorry to say that it has happened to us all at some point. I know that this is not what you want to hear but in my opinion, and this applies to anyone, if a guy or girl is dumb enough to let you go in the first place why, regardless of your feelings, would you want them back? If they can't see what is staring them in the face when they have you, then I'm sorry... they've blown it! I can guarantee that you are worth ten times more that that girl will ever know so whilst it is never easy to move on, try because you will meet someone who isn't stupid enough to let you go in the first place.

• I made some mistakes(not cheating), I took responsibility for them. I was going through a lot not related to our relationship and it was starting to interfere. So I broke down and told her a lot of things she didn't know about and I feel like she had time to think about those things and realize why everything went bad.

• Ugg I really hope that is the case for me maybe its because you started to move on and get used to life with out her and she realized what you guys had, so what are you going to do

• I don't know what to do. I still love her and I did a lot of pleading with no success, and after no contact for 2 months she wants to get back in touch and work things out. We are going to have to sit down and have a long talk, if we do try again I am gonna take it really slow.

What Guys Said 1

• As they say, you don't know what you've got till gone :S unfortunatly it took them 4 months to figure this one out

• She came back after 4 months and you said no?