Why do exes try and rub their new partners in your face?

I recently bumped into my ex after no contact for about a month. I was with a friend we both knew. She started talking to him and kind of alienated me from the convo, I just acted like it didn't bother me and tried to get involved with the convo. I make a comment on something our friend says and she blows it off and makes a comment about her new boyfriend going somewhere with her. I also acted like I wasn't bothered by that even though it was the same guy she left me for. Then my friend noticed she was being awkward so he ended the convo. Why did she ignore me even though I was nice and acted like I was unbothered by her being immature and alienating me? She couldn't even look at me. And why did she even mention her boyfriend? Just to get a reaction out of me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she's not really over you and wants to make you jealous that she's in a new relationship. I guess it also depends on your break-up and how bad or good it ended. I don't think that she's completely over you because if she was then she wouldn't be acting so immature about the whole situation.

• Thank you BB, I really appreciate your answer. I've been so confused about this it feels good to hear you say that. And especially since you are a girl and know how girls think. I mean it really makes sense to me now, I am kind of relieved to know the answer. Btw, the break up wasn't bad. I told her I respected her decision even though I thought we could work things out. We actually could have worked things out because the problems were very small misunderstandings that got blown up.

• You answered again before I submitted.

That is a possiblitly that's why I think that it's important that you guy talk. There are something that seem like that need to be worked out. Explain to her that you just want you two to be on the same page with things and you want to have civil relationship with her if that's possible.

• I'll try that strategy and see how it works out. Thanks again :).