I feel like I'm being tested in my relationship?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a few months now and he left last month for marine basic training and won't be back for two more months. Before he left he kind of hinted at proposing to me but I think he thought it was too soon, but then we had a huge fight before he left and I was being melodramatic and broke up with him. We only sort of made up but didn't really get back together, he just said he wanted to "figure things out" when he gets back. Personally, I am terrified of commitment and I self-sabotage almost all my relationships. I feel like I'm supposed to marry this guy but ever since he left I feel like I'm being seriously tested on my faith to him. For instance I work in a restaurant and I had this extremely gorgeous guy come in and he went out of his way to get my number and ask me out. Then, my ex that I've always had major feelings for that I dated four years ago (but have been friends with ever since) started flirting with me like crazy on Facebook last night. Both of those scenarios are things I'd only dreamed about but as soon as I'm the most committed I've ever been and my boyfriend's away for months, both of these things happen...within days of each other. Anyways, my question is, what should I do? How can I stay strong and faithful to my boyfriend that's away? Because I really don't wanna lose this one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Isn't free will such a big responsibility?

It's all about willpower here, QA. If you can think in the long-term (your boyfriend) instead of the short term (these guys making passes at you)...you can last until he comes back from his military service.

The reason why most relationships seem to fail so miserably nowadays, is frankly because people are too selfish and only think about themselves in the short term, therefore having no loyalty to anything long-lasting.

Don't fall into that trap...and you'll be OK. With full focus on your man when he comes back, staying faithful shouldn't be hard. :)

• free will seems more like a curse in my case because the kind of person I am, I'm so used to taking advantage of any opportunity that I want. I'm not used to restraining myself from those opportunities and it's kinda driving me crazy to be honest, but I know if my boyfriend was here I wouldn't even have an issue with it, I wouldn't even give those guys a second thought.