Girlfriend cheated with the same guy for about 18 months

Hi, comments and thoughts appreciated. I am a 27 year old guy, and been with my girlfriend for 5.5 years. I have just found out that my girlfriend has been cheating on me with the same guy for about 18 months. I got a bit suspicious as we had stopped having sex, but she told me it was due to work... Show More

Thanks people, all good opinions. As you probably will guess I know what I am going to do, but interesting to see what other people's views are on it.

The other thing I am wondering is whether I should tell my parents, our friends etc the reason why we broke up. On the one hand, I want them to know how sh*t she has been and that it was nothing to do with me, on the other I don't want undue fuss from mates about how I am feeling.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. She doesn't love you. Sorry.

It also sounds like she doesn't have much of a conscience. Keeping up that kind of ruse for so long takes a lot of work... And requires a lot of thinking. She knew what she was doing.

18 months? I'm sorry, but any trust or faith I had in that person would be GONE, SHATTERED and there would be NO chance of repair. In my opinion, it's not worth trying to put behind you in an attempt to salvage the relationship.

If someone can do this to you after 5 1/2 years, then they clearly don't care as much as they say they do/you think they do. And you don't know her as well as you thought you did.

Don't sacrifice your future happiness because you have history with a cheating girl. Make new memories with someone who loves you and won't betray your trust. You will love again, I promise. My first boyfriend cheated on me for over half of our almost 2 year relationship, and I've been able to date again just fine.

The hurt will go away. You just have to move forward.

• Cheers, great comment.

• I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know it isn't easy.

• MY TAKE ...QUOTE FROM OP'S POST : she says she still loves me, and she is not sure what her feelings are for him.. REALLY AFTER 18 MONTHS IT SEEMS SOMEONE WOULD HAVE AT LEAST AN INKLING WOULDN'T THEY... AS TO FEELINGS FOR ANOTHER GUY OR NOT...