• Ask
  • myTake

Why do women say they like communication from a guy but then fail to communicate when he makes an effort?

I know women and men think differently and I'm not another guy on here bashing women and calling them stupid. For the most part every girl that's... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• A lot of times we need time to ourselves before we're ready to have a conversation. I usually say nothing because depending on the subject, I need to decide whether or not its something worth getting upset over. Then I talk when I'm ready. But I see what you're saying, I personally am not this way though. A lot of girls just want you to prove that you care if you really hurt them, and so they WANT you to keep putting in the effort to show that they matter, as they continuously rebuff you. It's a test of sorts. Unfair and stupid, but it happens. My boyfriend, told me, "if you want to leave, you can leave. I can't make you stay if you really want to go, and if you don't want to talk to me, I can't force that either." and that kinda just made me get over myself because knowing for a fact that he wasn't going to chase after me because it would just look stupid, kinda just made me stop doing things like that. You can start off relationships by telling girls that you're really bad at communication lol, and that you're doing to take everything they say literally, and then remind them of that fact when something like this does happen.

• I tend to be different than most guys out there because I do actual care and if I do something wrong , I do actually feel bad about it and make every effort to make things right. However, I do share the common "stupidity" that most men have when trying to interpret "hints" and hidden meanings from girls. Girls who I've truly cared for a lot I've walked away from because they played that game. I walked away not because I didn't care but because I thought they didn't care anymore.

• Show Older
    • Yay! glad you've found better

• Thanks!

What Girls Said 2

• Because you can't apply a general statement made by some people to every single person on the planet. Expend energy on females who respond to you and reciprocate, don't keep expending energy on females who do not. Don't feel bad for trial and error -- that's what we all have to do.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with Ms. Anon, don't play those stupid women games. I stopped years ago. If I ask her what is wrong, and she says nothing, I carry on as if nothing is really wrong. Sorry, I don't read minds. If she has problems, tell me or don't complain. Push me away, I stay away. As long as there are men willing to play along with those girl games, they will never stop.Eventually some women get it and stop doing those lame woman games.

• I agree. The more and more this happens, I find myself more and more intolerant of it. I can't read minds either although I can tell when something is wrong or if a girl is lying to me. But, I mean I'm completely willing to listen to them and talk about it and understand, but I can't do that through games and hidden meanings.

• exactly! just tell us lol!