"You deserve better"?

my ex boyfriend told me twice I deserve better when he noticed I was trying to get back together with him. He really hurt me. I thought he cared about me and would try to make us work things out. He kept saying "i don't deserve you hun I'm sorry:(". do you think it might be because he has some kind of problems and he thinks he might hurt me? or that he just isn't interested anymore to get back together again?. I know it could go either way but if someone really loves you it will be hard for them to stay away. he even ignored me lots of times when I tried talking to him. I finally stopped doing all the work. he still has a pic of me and him on his fb and he doesn't know how to delete me off his fb list, he doesn't even talk to me. he gave me his new number long time ago in the summer, met up with me once, made me think everything was OK and promised for next dates like mall, beach, amuzement park and just disappeared:(. I can never forgive him after this.

wow guys I got new news! yesterday was my birthday! I thought I was never going to hear from him but I did and he wished me a "happy birthday:)". I thanked him and told him off in a nice way. was just being honest because he really hurt me. he keeps saying how sorry he is and how he f***ed up and asks me to forgive him. I'm taking things slow now so I don't get hurt again because if I do I'm deleting him for good even from fb.i was so surprised. he never spoke to me for 4 months. we hung out yesterday.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to stay away. Trust me in this. He would come to you if he wanted. The more you show him you care the further you push him away. this is the law of attraction.

I'm in a similar situation as you. and believe me... you lose more and more of your self-respect and get more and more depended.

if a man wants a girl he usually pursues her. Or the are cowards like my ex. Who blames everything on me, that he did wrong and caused the break up. and goes on with his silly games to hurt and make me jealous.

stay strong

• don't play these games

• i don't know why he still has me on fb?whats so hard to delete me?. he never even took off "in a relationship" has it on since we started dating last year. yes I hope one day I lose feelings for him completly. he could have just been straight up with me. sorry that your going through the same thing.

• maybe he doesn't delete the picture and Facebook-relationship because he is waiting for finding someone new. Maybe he likes that everyone thinks he has a pretty girlfriend :) but in real life he does not know how to work it out. simply said: he is a coward.

You deserve someone who is proud of you and wants to be with you & work for it! stay strong!