Is it possible to fall in love again?

Ok right long story short, me and the ex broke up due to complications on his side, almost two years ago. I haven't seen him since then and I have no intention of seeing him ever again.

We were together for over seven years and was planning a future together. So maybe that's what is holding me back...I haven't given any other guys a chance/go as they mainly after a quick thing (and yes I know this because of the way they talk and act) or maybe it just cos the ex hurt me so badly I'm holding back cos I don't want to be hurt again...honestly I don't know what it is...

I recently been talking to a guy off some social networking thing, who sounds decent and genuine and has kind of beem hurt in the past similar to mine - in a very cold hearted way! But somehow I'm afraid he won't like me, and I'm holding back on meeting him yet, but I will probably in the new year as I know and want to move on with the right person.

But is it possible to love again? Or am I getting way ahead of myself?...

Most Helpful Guy

• i believe it is possible, but after a relationship like the one you were in, it is not going to happen right away. people that get hurt like that after being in a long term relationship will usually talk to others with their guards up.

i know because it happened to me. after a 2 year long relationship, she ended it with me and I was completely heart broken. that was about 6 or 7 years ago. I have dated and been in one long term relationship since then but I couldn't open up for the fear of being hurt

now I've met someone new and I don't know why but it feels like I'm finally ready to open up again and trust her not to do the same. I don't know if she will but that's a risk that I have to take.

so I guess what I'm trying to say is that yes it is possible. it just takes some time and when you do you'll just feel that its right.