• Ask
  • myTake

Do guys really wait until the new girl is within reach to break up with the previous girl?

I have heard that guys often wait until they feel like they can get the new girl that they have their eyes on before breaking up with their previous girlfriend if things have been going bad for a while. Is that true?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Lol. I don't think so. Sure, if you are on the verge of leaving your girl and you happen to meet a new girl there may be added incentive to leave. But I don't believe that most guys would stay with a girl they don't like anymore. It would basically mean he was just using her as a sex object.rhat might be a small percentage of guys but I think most wouldn't.

• lol guys _never_ use girls just for sex. never. you're right. ;-)really? c'mon .its been in style for 1,000s of years. not only do guys stay just for sex. theyll lie to get in just for sex. not all men to be sure. but its much more than a few. a lot see kit as some sort f pathetic right of passage. lying successfully. or even guilt over doing so. iys have to be able to share stories in locker rooms- don't they.

• Jeeze, can you be anymore jaded? Whatever happened to you must've been rough, but all men aren't like that. In fact most aren't, maybe it's just the men you've been dating. That begs the question; is it just your judgement that's poor or is there something about you attracts creeps. But believe it or not most guys aren't complete a holes.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, guys tend to string the current girlfriend along until they are sure they will get somewhere with a new girl. Hey, girls do the same thing, don't pick on us about the behavior!

• Well, in that case, how long would you wait before you try to go for the new one after the breakup?As a girl though, I would break up first before finding a replacement though.

• I mean, aren't you afraid your ex will notice what you did?

• I think most people wait to formally break up until they have something else going, or at least a potential for something else. People just hope the current bf.gf won't notice.There must be problems anyway or you wouldn't be looking around so much. So it's not such a danger that they will notice..you were on the road to breaking up already, anyway

• Some guys, as well as some girls, do this. Imo these people are afraid of being single for some odd reason.

• I've always wait after a breakup. Usually the next girl was totally different. Now I'm married, and I'm happy about that. I don't have to search for suitable girl. I found it.

What Girls Said 1

• It actually does happen alot

• Do you think those guys are jerks, cowards, confused or something else?

• I'm just curious as to how women would know that? Other than just speculating?

• guys like that just want to have some fun and most women know that because its happened to them before