Can I temporarily take sex off the table without my "boyfriend" thinking I'm using it against him?

I've been dating a guy for a few months but I'm not sure if he really serious about making things work or just trying to keep something sexual going and maybe we slept together too soon.

I feel like the only way to find out might be to put sex on hold for a little while.

Will he think I'm trying to use sex against him or as a bargaining tool? I'm not using sex as either of those things!

I just don't know if I feel comfortable sleeping with him right now but I don't know if I'm ready to stop seeing him.

If I try to take a break or ignore him then he will start calling and texting constantly to say that he will be better and then things go back to the way they were before and nothing changes.

Most Helpful Guy

• this is what you say.

tell him that the sex is great and that you really enjoy your sex life with him. However, you have been having strong feelings for him and you want to see if its just because of the sex or if there's soemthing more (so it doesn't make it all about taking sex from him)

see how he reacts, he may tell you he has feelings for you too and wants to see where it goes.

or he can be an immature little boy and throw a fit when he doesn't get what he wants. that should tell you a lot about who you got

dont do a break or ignore him, that will only make it worse.