Why am I so scared to move on?

My boyfriend and I broke up about 3 1/2 weeks ago, and it has been pretty hard. We were getting into fights about non-sense and he just didn't think... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Well casual dating is fine in fact, it helps to show you that your ex wasn't everything you think he was. However, you DO NOT want to let yourself become romantically involved with ANYONE unless the situation with your ex and your feelings for him are completely resolved. As for why you are scared to move on, you aren't over him yet and the only thing that fixes that is time and distance. You need to break all forms of contact with him and allow yourself to meet new people openly. The sad truth is that if you are looking for some sort of closure or validation to help you wrap up your feelings for your ex, you may not find it. Not every relationship will end like the closing of a chapter. To this day I still look bad on a few chapters in my life and think "why? It could have been perfect. I just need answers" - that's just life. As Aercz stated, yes, you should move on. Move forward and take this as an experience, and cherish it for making you stronger.

Asker upvoted