Very confused about this guy, is he just being nice?

This guy is overconfident, a bit narcissistic, very sure of himself, but at the same time quite sweet to me.

He teases me A LOT. Picks up on certain words I say and criticises them in a joking manner. He sings songs to me which he knows I hate, and he doesn't stop. Once when I joked and told him I hate him, he said he knew that, and grinned a lot.

At the same time, he doesn't give other people in our group much attention. He smiles at me a lot, laughs and jokes a lot with me, while he doesn't do this with others.

Then the other day, I got a feeling that he was looking at me a lot. Then later when I was doing something, and looked up at him, I noticed him staring at me again. And we were all sitting in a group of 7 people. So I asked him 'what', and he smiled and said 'nothing. I'm just looking at you; You're very pretty' front of everyone! He definitely keeps observing me. He's complimented me a lot before, on the way I carry myself and even on simple things like the bag I carry.

Then later on when we were walking back together to our dorms, he was unnaturally quiet. (Usually he talks on and on and on)

Now I don't know whether he's just being really nice to me? I think he has a girlfriend, or is at least flirting with another girl a lot too. I don't know who to act around him now?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well teasing is a common form of flirting, so there's that. Just continue to see how he acts with you, you can find out more by just talking with the guy.