• Ask
  • myTake

Having a hard time getting over my ex been a year!

So I dated this girl for about a year, and we had a great time, got along, all that. She had a rough past and didn't want to be in a relationship so... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You just need to move on. Stop thinking about her

• Its not easy! Itd be easy if we broke up cause of something that happened between, us but for something I had nothing to do with her past you know? Just bothers me that's all

What Girls Said 4

• Is she with anyone right now? If not, why not call her, take her somewhere nice couple of times and see if you two could try again?

• Well I know she likes this guy but she's not dating, and yea I could do that, but I'm afraid to seem desp or get rejected then feel even worse! UGH

• Show Older
    • So what? You can still give it a try

• Yea I might, I guess it was just bad timing timing really is everything

• Yes you have to try and get over her. I know it's hard but yea... On the first day of the break up, girls usually cry and guys usually just celebrate but as time goes by the girl celebrates and the guy regrets it. On and off relationships are not good, just forget about her and move on. Believe me... I'm in the same situation :(( It's hard...

• You're so right. That is totally what happens. It just sucks that's all. But it's funny because I think I just miss having someone by my side, and not necc I miss the girl, if that makes any sense? I mean we def. had fun, but I guess it wasn't meant to be

• if she isn't interested you can make her change her mind, just try to move on..

• Yup that's basically what it is!

What Guys Said 1

• If you have done everything you can and she still doesn’t appreciate it then there is no reason for you to keep thinking about her.The reason you are mad at her is because you value her more then you value yourself right now. Kick her off the pedestal and realize she isn’t all that great (even if she was) there is probably someone out there for you that is a better match.I’m going through the same thing, I know how painful it is too feel like you can’t do anything about it, but if she doesn’t serve your life and your thoughts any good then there is no point to raise her up in your mind.If you haven’t done everything you could do then by all means try it, but if you feel she won’t respond to it then just find someone who will appreciate your efforts instead.

• Awesome answer man...that is def helpful. Its just not easy when you do all good stuff and it means nothing. I mean I think I miss the situation more than the person ya know

• Show Older
    • I know I was good for her, and if she doesn’tRealize it then it’s not my fault because I tried my best at the time, until she told me that I was messing with her head, that’s when I decided to leave her alone and that was 2 months ago.I guess what’s helping me through is the fact that I did what was right, I wanted to repair the relationship and reconcile while she wanted to burn all bridges, at least it leaves me with the satisfaction that I actually did try something.

• Wow that's deep man I wish you the best with it. guess keeping busy is good all that stuff, You're gonna be OK too my dude