• Ask
  • myTake

Do guys like girls who are smarter than them?

Honestly I think guys like a girl who isn't a dumb ass and can carry a convo but isn't smarter than him or if she is not by so much that he feels stupid or inferior next to her. I am well educated but not super smart and I can be a little ditzy but overall I am above average intelligence. I prefer a man who is smarter than myself. If a girl is overall book smart and has it together but is slightly ditzy at times (but altogether makes smart choices, is a laid back person, and doesn't do stupid things...just not super serious and can be a little Spazzy once in a while) would a guy mind?From my experience guys don't want a girl who is a ton smarter and will be arrogant and controlling over him.

Also they want someone who isn't too rigid and uptight and if a girl is a little spazzy and silly but has it together they don't mind.
well. there is this guy. we both have law degrees-i am working on mine he finished his. but he is educated by extremely prestigious institutions and my school is good but not on the same prestige level as his. I am obviously not a moron but I am definitely not as smart as he is. obviously people at his school are smarter than people at mine. so I wonder if he would think I am too dumb, or if he would think I am in his league because I have the same degree as him, just from a less prestigious school.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think people in general are attracted to those of their own intelligence level.As an intelligent man, I would date intelligent women only.I don't feel insecure in the (rare!) case that I meet someone who's more intelligent. But in a relationship it's important to connect emotionally and intellectually; so, as long as I and a more intelligent girl could feel connected, it wouldn't bother me. A significantly less intelligent girl would bother me though, because I do like to have intellectual conversations. If I had to dumb down my speech a little (as I have to do with most people), that would be a deal-breaker.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm usually attracted to women who are around my intelligence level honestly

• I would not date someone I didn't think was intelligent. However, the sky is the limit on intelligence so long as she can explain whatever she is passionate about in a context that I can understand. I'm not interested in dating a walking encyclopedia. But I would love to date someone that I can learn from and grow with. If her IQ is higher, who cares? If she is someone I can have an intelligent conversation with where 'like' occurs fewer times than the amount of times she uses a bathroom, then she's perfect IMO.

• There's really no right answer here. For some guys yes and for others no. In your specific case, just because you may feel like you're not as smart as him does not mean that you aren't intelligent enough for him. I don't feel a law degree is anything to turn your nose up at, no matter the school. In the end it all comes down to the chemistry between you. You just gotta be true to yourself and hope for the best.

• Yes, I do find women who are smarter than me very attractive.

• You have it right in my opinion. No one wants to be with someone that is going to hold it over them. If the person is a know-it-all type, whether they are actually intelligent or not, no one is going to want a long term relationship with them.

• So you feel superior to people that go to schools that you deem aren't on the same level as yours?

• Show Older
    • so you mean a similar level of education would mean I am smart enough? law school curriculum and work is same everywhere but he is just so smart.

• I don't know if that is even necessary. I don't know what kind of guy he is or what kind of girl usually piques his interest. For most guys, your career isn't going to be the predominant priority. The list that guys and girls have are a little different, though not majorly so, I suppose.I doubt he requires an IQ test before dating someone. Provided he finds you fun to be around, attractive, and whatever else he puts a high priority on, you'll be alright.

What Girls Said 2

• Guys love girls that are smart, they just don't like girls that think they are smarter than everyone else, or feel like they have to prove their intelligence to everyone.

• Lmao smarter? No smart? Yes.