How to trust someone again?

I've dealt with a lot of cheating, emotionally and physically. Everyone I know has either cheated or been cheated on. How can I trust someone after... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been exactly where you are. I find that it's either be alone, which sometimes I really enjoy, or you just have to trust someone. Sure lots of people, male and female, cheat but it's around 50% for both genders so you have a 50/50 shot of ending up with a cheater. With that said just because someone cheated on someone in the past does not mean they will cheat on you, more likely yes but it's not a definite.

I don't think my current boyfriend is a cheater even though I have been cheated on in the past. He just doesn't seem the type, there is no way to know for sure but he is worth taking a chance on.

I guess that's the way I look at it, is this person worth taking a chance on.

I chose to be single for a long time after a break up of a relationship and that helps me get over it too. I am not the type who needs to be in a relationship to feel whole or whatever it is that causes some people to fear being single. Take time for yourself and feel confident that the person who cheated on you has the issues, that you are worth finding someone who will not do that to you.

Asker upvoted
    • Thank you, awesome post. "Is this person worth taking a chance on?" I never thought of it that way, I'm going to use that. And thanks for the encouragement, I'll try and not let my past affect the future.