Asked 2mo

Have you been depressed and broke up with your girlfriend by ignoring her till the end?

Have you been really depressed(like losing job or any reasons) and broke up with your girlfriend by ignoring her?

Why did you do that?

Please tell me what you were thinking when you were ignoring her...

If you have done it did you regret about it?

Did you try to get back with her?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

It's selfish regardless if you are depressed. Put yourself in her shoes. Being ignored and trying to get attention. If you have a problem. Talk about it. You don't have a glass head for girls to look into and know your thoughts.

• Selected as most helpful
    2mo

A girl once broke up with me for not contacting her or replying for about 10 days and I was suffering from depression at the time (still am but whatever lol). I also go through periods of not replying to friends texts/calls when I feel particularly low.

I can't really explain why I did that as it wasn't really logical. All I can say is depression can be very difficult to deal with and its very possible that a guy in that situation isn't doing it in order to upset his girlfriend. Losing interest and motivation for things you usually find enjoyable is a common symptom of depression, I don't see any reason why social contact isn't included in that.

I always feel like I regret it after going through a phase of ignoring people. I didn't attempt to get back with the girl in question, despite the opportunity to do so. I kind of regret that now, although that is more to do with the drastic downturn in my success with women, rather than any strong feelings for that girl.

No I never really been depressed, I usually goto the gym and just blow off steam. Usually to much lol. But no I never have done that before

Maybe the crushing blow of whatever it was that made you depressed made you realize that your mate couldn't fix it, so you left him/her.

No, I've had depression and I've had episodes of it when dating people... I never broke up with them because of how I felt since it was the last thing I wanted, moreso during my down moments. I asked for space, but only for the time I felt down which would be about an evening or so, since I didn't want to upset them.