Should I tell my boyfriend that I cheated on him?

I've been with my boyfriend for 9 months now. I'm a year older than him and more experienced in dating but he doesn't mind. When I first started dating him I had just broken up with my ex for cheating on me (he had left me before when I was pregnant and forced me to get an abortion. We got back... Show More

Should I stay with him and quit cheating or just break up with him

Most Helpful Guy

• I can tell you right off the bat that whether or not you decide to leave this guy, the cheating needs to end.

As for telling him or not telling him, I'd say tell him sooner rather than later. We all learned as kids that continually lying to our parents only led to worse trouble than it would have if we simply just came clean in the beginning. The principle is the same here.

As you pretty much said in your question, being cheated on inadvertently led to you cheating on your current boyfriend. This is a behavior I've heard referred to as 'sabotaging' a relationship. You've had chaotic relationships in the past and for some reason or another there's a part of your mind that clicks in that chaos is what's supposed to be present in a relationship so you end up inviting chaos in if it doesn't happen on its own.

And with all this talk of pregnancy flying around I'm going to go ahead and say that you need to be responsible about this and tell him and/or settle this chaos creating habit before you even think about bringing a kid into the world.