I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years. Four years of ups and downs that sometimes seemed unbearable. I was never the type to speak of my relationship problems with anyone because quite frankly, its nobodies damn business what goes on between him and I. Well, in the past few weeks or so, I have heard more about my boyfriend being an asshole than I have in the entire 5 years. Let me tell you a little about him...
- When I first met him, I fell for him quickly. He was 16 and I was 17. I was also pregnant with someone elses child. He didn't know how to take it and left, for six months.
- He came back to me and asked me to officially be his girlfriend on July 5th, 2011. And about two months after that, he took my son in as his own (He was almost 17).
- He stuck up for me when all of his friends and family told him I was bad for him (within the first year of our relationship).
- He went out and got the only job he could find, at age 17, to support me and my son.
- I got pregnant with him shortly after and was put on bedrest two months in because I had placental aburption and there was a chance I would lose our child. He took care of me the entire time I was on bed rest and never once complained about it.
- After we had our daughter, he took every single penny that he had saved up and put it toward a downpayment on a home for us. He had just turned 18 a few days before.
- He helped me through my PTSD and PPD (Post Pardum Depression) for months. Even when I didn't want his help. And he is the reason why I am no longer horribly off like I was before.
- He lets me sleep in almost every morning when he gets up with the kids at 6am.
- He cherishs me.
My boyfriend has done absolutely everything for me. Since he was 16, he has devoted everything he has to offer, to me and our children. AT 16!! And you want to know why everyone thinks he is an asshole? Because instead of going out on Friday and Saturdays with my friends, I would rather stay at home with my future husband and give back to him what he has given me. I would rather spend time hiking, exploring, playing board games/video games, teaching the kids to ride bikes or further my education with him and my children then spend one useless and boring night out on the town. I am not just going to leave. Which makes my friends believe that he is controlling me. They claim I am unhappy. When they are never around to see if I am unhappy or not.
I am 21 years old. Been out to a bar once, and that was on my birthday. Had one single drink and went home to spend the rest of my day with the ones who matter most to me. Him and my babies. I am not saying I dont want friends and what not. But I am saying that I dont want or need alcoholic friends who jepordize my family and what my boyfriend and I have built. I owe my boyfriend. I owe him big time. And I repay him in the way he likes and the way I know how. By simply being here when he gets home. Have dinner on the table for him after a long days work. Watch movies that he wants to watch, no matter how much I hate them. Rub his back and feet, no matter how much I hate it. And most of all, take care of our children.
I dont know why people these days believe it is such a bad thing to be devoted to someone. After everything he has done for me, like what type of women would that make me if I just went out every weekend and got shit tanked drunk with a bunch of females who only care about getting laid by nasty, random one night-standers? I am all set.
And I wrote this because I am sooo sick and tired of hearing that he is an asshole. Most of my "friends" will see this, as they are here on GAG. Call my crazy but I dont believe that what my boyfriend has done has in anyway made him an asshole. He is not the asshole who knocked me up when I was 17 and then claimed that the baby wasn't his. No, he was the guy who came in and filled the shoes as a father to the child that wasn't his! He was the one who witnessed all of his firsts and taught him how to ride a bike and sat up endless nights trying to calm him down when he had night terrors. That makes him an asshole? he's an asshole because he works all the time to support us? No! he's not! What is wrong with the way that some people in this society view shit!?
I only have one last thing to say.. If you do NOT know someone personally because of your own lack of appearance around my family, and you have the balls to call my boyfriend an asshole, you will no longer be allowed in my life. My children and my future husband had my back when everyone disappeared.
Actually, you can think he is an asshole. But just know, he is MY asshole and thats where it stands. And if everything he has done classifys him as an asshole, well then I am so glad that I have an asshole for a boyfriend.