Looking For Love

The greatest quest in human history, the search for love has plagued the minds of romantically interested singles for millenia. In this Take, I am going to tell you why it's a waste of time.

Looking For Love

Now, before you think I am some cynical bastard who is trying to debunk love or show that it doesn't exist, I want to clear this up: love is a wonderful and real thing. It is humanity at its best: selfless in nature, pure in intent, noble in resolve. It cares for all because it ins unconditional. It doesn't require anything from the other. It accepts all things, believes all things, and endures all things.

So why is the search for love a waste of time? Because love isn't something you can impose. It's something that just happens, over a period of time. The fact of the matter is that you can't make anyone love you. No matter what. So instead of searching for it, I suggest a different path: try to love every person you know. Not romantically, but rather, love them as a parent would a child. Love them because they are human beings, and love them for who they are. The biggest mistake that people make is that they spend their time trying to get people to love them, when they themselves are slow to love.

So I challenge everyone who reads this: do not seek love. Rather, show love to everyone you know. You might find that the heart wishes to love rather than be loved.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 2

• I'm just gonna love myself and keep moving on, cause the only real love that exists is the one you give to yourself, the others are just fake feelings. They say I love you but then stab you whenever you turn your back on them. The demand love when they express no love to you.
    I've been so stupid to be in search for love for years, and what has that got me to? Nowhere, just a lonely bed every night. So f*ck that, I don't have to search for love, neither wait for it, cause it's not gonna come, I have to fabricate my self-love, and that's what I've been doing lately, and so far I'm better than ever.

• You, as am I, are young. I would suggest that you keep an open heart. You have too much life left to be bitter and cynical about love. Try what I said: try to love people unconditionally, do not expect anything from them. If at the end of your life, you have loved all and none loved you, at least you will have done your best, even if others failed you.

• I'm always nice to everyone, I'm not a bad person, and never will, but I won't love someone that's just a stranger.
      Yes, I agree we're young, but I've seen and heard too many things that just makes me believe that all that "love" thing is just a lie.
      I've tried to keep an open mind about it and keep believing in love, but I've reached a point where I just don't wanna keep tormenting myself wishing for love, wishing for something that will never come.
      I wish one day I'm proved wrong, but as for today, I do not believe in love, I have more proofs that it's a lie, than that it's real.

• I like love yes please