Meeting People Online, Flirting Too!

Few years back, the common assumption was that anyone who'd turn to their computer for love had to be a geeky, pathetic loser who couldn't get a date. More recently, with the Internet changing everything from the way we shop to the way we find driving directions, cyberspace has become the hottest pick-up joint on the planet, including flirting online.

"The web is an excellent place to find a compatible mate!"

Today millions of people are searching, finding, and meeting other potential life partners on the Web. Whether you are a young college student, a mature senior, a person with a strict religious life or someone with an alternative lifestyle, the Web is an excellent place to find a compatible mate.

Some of the pros and cons of online dating can be summarized as:

Pros

• It saves time and has focused search
  • You get to know a person better in a shorter time
  • Attraction is more based on who you are than looks
  • A rejection affects you less

Cons

• Not safe in many ways
  • It can be hard to keep on
  • Others might don't take you seriously
  • You need to be willing to relocate
  • It is costly and can be addictive

Internet can be used as social networking. It is all about starting and maintaining friendship communications through websites. It is the modern digital form of socializing, done through web pages. Users will choose one or more online services that specialize in group wide-communications, and then gather their friends there to exchange daily greetings and regular messages.

Social networking is immensely popular because it is easy, playful, and quite motivating. People are using the web and the net every day. Many of them have made online friends and lasting romantic relationships through their computers.

Relationships formed online have become not only legitimate in many eyes, but they are outright successful for many people. The Internet makes the world a little smaller with chat rooms, forums, and special interest groups. With a little searching, chances are you'll find someone online who shares your passions and interests.

Online dating is not a forbidden subject anymore and people seem to take it more seriously than a few years ago. We are starting to accept online dating more and more as a genuine way to meet someone.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• Hi know more about girls

• If two nice people can fall in love by meeting online then good for them. If they are in love, then they don't care about playing games, having game, meeting certain standards, or about what other people think. They just want to be together and be happy and more power to them. They would not care about how they met; they would only care about the fact that they did meet at someplace and sometime.

• Topnotch69 indicates a valid point but IMO I think the fact of "Game" in general is rather great ; it eliminates the groups of people out there that fake affection and tend to not give a damn about the opposite sex. So therefor the "Game" everyone speaks of is great, your not spending or making your significant other "spend" resources to put in effort, but at the same time - you are forcing them to prove they care. All around - online dating blows... however the game is helpful ^_^

• I agree with everything except rejection. It hurts the same.

What Girls Said 6

• ...We started off slow just talking online, then the phone, then we finally met & it couldn't have been planned or written better. We're long distance but we talk as often as possible & see each other when we can. To think otherwise we might never have met. :)

• I met someone online & have to say, though I never thought it was possible, I couldn't be happier. I never thought I'd join one of those sites, in fact I was totally against it when I found out my friend had joined & tried to convince me. I only joined after I found a guy I'd been involved with had a page & I wanted to get back at him (silly, I know, but you do crazy things when you feel betrayed by someone). Shortly after joining I started talking to someone & that was that.

• It is also good for the people who may not do well in face-face communication, can help people learn about different lifestyles and give people the opportunity to find someone they would have never met otherwise and they could end up being perfect for each other. @topnotch I don't think it pathetic at all, 'game' as you put it will always be around and con even be put into play over the internet. people who may have couples and use chatrooms to flirt would most likely do so in the 'real' world.

• I completely agree with the article. Contrary to popular belief though it can be very safe if not in some cases safer than meeting in real life; if people just be cautious about what they say to people and don't meet them straight away etc. there are many precautions that can be taken to ensure safety on the internet. I disagree with the people who are so closed minded about it though, the internet can sometimes be the only medium in which a person may be able to commune with the outside world.

• ..............................if you are not! (continued)

• I think it still is pathetic. if it wasent for the internet , some people would have no game at all. Also, I think the majority are already in commited realationships and use chat rooms to flirt with people that are looking for sex. this is cheating in my eyes and causes people to hide this obsession from thier significant other. it makes them feel good when they get attention from a stranger online because they don't get it like that in the real world. fine, ok , if your lonely but wrong if you