The "I'm a nice guy" card

The

So many times have I read and heard of men who are in the friend zone, blame the women for them being friend zoned. Most of the popular reasons I see are that men say girls just go for the "bad boys"

Then, men pull out the "I am a nice guy" card and complain that all nice guys finish last.

And they say so many times that they are nice guys and blame women.

There is this victimization in men who are friendzoned and they claim they are too nice.

Sometimes, they do not let their feelings be known to the girl or even ask her out yet these guys will act bitter. Guys can not blame her if she does not know.

The guy will act like "woe is me, the girl I like will not like me because I'm in the friend zone." Newsflash! Women get friend zoned too.

Do guys fall in love with every nice girl they know? No. So it works the same way with women. I'm pretty sure guys have been friendzoned have friendzoned women too.

For the guys who do ask a girl out and let his feelings be known, not every girl who rejects you is going for a bad boy. That so called bad boy could be a good guy who showed his good character through actions not just words.

If nice guys feel a girl should fall in love with him in return then that guy is not a nice guy

How do you know that every girl you like who does not like you is with a guy just because he is bad?

This may surprise you guys but women do like nice guys. A nice guy shows it in his actions not his words. A guy can claim he is a nice guy all day it does not mean anything if he does not show it.

Rejection is a part of life. Getting friend zoned by a girl and going behind her back and bashing her shows poor sportsmanship and shows the guy can not deal with rejection.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 42

• "Girls can be Freindzoned too"?

Spelling much?

Let's universally agree that "nice guys" and fat girls need a loving smack over the head, a brief instruction, and then deserve not an ounce of pity of they do not follow the advice and better themselves.

And let's dispatch that lie right now. Girls don't like "nice" guys unless they're about to hit the wall and get desperate.

Girls like men who are physically fit, men who have good looks, have money, confidence, humor, charisma, social skills.

"Nice" is not a thing that attracts women.

Go watch Daniel Craig's James Bond. He's polite, he's witty, he's confident... he's not "nice". Never.

• I did not create that meme I got it off the internet

• Well said man.

• And that's why bond girls never stay with him...

Honestly though, nice is neutral, i care that you have morals, and will care if your dog died, or if I'm bleeding out and need the ambulance. Confidence and humor definitely. Eh as long as you aren't starving and can split the bill, money is OK

That's why I've never been a fan of considering myself a "nice guy". Comes off as trying too hard!

The niceness and kindness, should show through action.

• I am pretty successful with women, and I have no problem with admitting that I am bad according to conventional morality. Instead of raging against nice guys and rationalizing your own contradictions, why don't you rage against the conventional (and indeed false) morality that produces these men?

And, by the way, there is no comparison between what many men experience (which is not being wanted by any woman) with what many women experience (which is not being wanted by the specific men they want).

• You mean feminism?

• You did a really good job of drawing out the take owner's true colors.

• @Transigence Indeed. Thanks!

• Women that make it their life's duty to complain about "nice guys" are just as bitter as the "nice guys" themselves. If I see a girl who makes it her life's priority to endless whine about "nice guys", then I will avoid her, and so should any other guy if he knows whats good for him.

• True what you say. But how can a girl know what a man truly is if she doesn't even give the man a chance to show what he is? Do you know what a man is when he asks you out? Or do you believe that women don't go for bad guys at all?

Yesterday I had the privilege to work with one of Ridley Scot's producers from Scot Free Productions.
    There was this young girl working as a 2nd camera operator. Nice healthy body, tall, blonde hair, blue eyes and a face full of freckles. Just what most guys love to see (and have).
    After a lot of chitchat with her, I found out she's married, so I gave up the idea of asking her out.
    After our job was done we left together for the train station, as we were heading to similar directions. It was close to midnight and all that was left on the streets was the scum of society. While we were waiting, almost alone, I see a short junkie coming towards us. Long, disgusting rasta hair that reach his waist, chin and ears full of rings, body literally covered in tattoos that end at his face and clothes that refer to anarchist/leftists lifestyle.
    ''Yoooooo, Korra! Here you are! Sorry I didn't answer your calls. My phone is fucked up.''
    ''They know each other?'' I thought surprised.
    She takes him, comes back to me and says ''Let me introduce you to my husband''
    I couldn't FUCKING believe it! I was there looking at them standing together and couldn't believe they are a couple.
    How the fuck can a beautiful, GORGEOUS girl, want to be with the slime of humanity?
    Then people wonder why some men choose the MGTOW life.
    And don't tell me now that a guy like the one I described above is the dream of every female.

• Naturally I'm nice (got rejected by 12 girls)
    Then I tried acting bad (got rejected by more girls)
    So I learned to accept life as a single man now I reject every girl even if I like her I still reject her to get back at girls from the past (even though the new girls have nothing to do with the past)😋

• I'm a guy. Nice, good, bad? #DontJudgeMe

• This again? Why is there a myTake on the Friendzone like every month?

As I said on the one many months ago...

Getting friendzoned just simply means that she didn't like you back. If she did, you wouldn't be friendzoned!

It's a fallacy, to think you can manipulate yourself out of the friendzone. You can't. It just happens if it's meant to be.

There are also couples that started as friends. Those were meant to be, so they eventually evolved into a couple.

• Too bad I don't know how dating game works also I have no idea attracting the opposite sex. I don't mind being laughed by my friends behind my back for being a virgin and loser. It's to good be single forever ang give up on women. I realized that being nice is not enough to make girls attracted to me, so I stop being nice and I have cold treatment to girls, I still appreciate woman's beauty though I don't have enough reason to make a move

• I'm a nice guy, i used to get really badly rejected all the time, but thats because i didn't understand how the dating game worked, guys, always take a step back in love, make sure you know what you're doing and that you're happy with it, and that it looks normal, girls like to be treated like normal people, just like guys do, so just do that, make it casual, not like a religious worshiping ceremony, have fun.

• I very much agree with this...
      All the guys who downvoted you - kind of obvious that they don't understand a word of what you said. Haha
      (Even though it's very simple.)

• It has nothing to do with that, cause nearly all women will not reject a guy who is a self proclaimed nice guy if she thinks he is good looking. The whole not liking self proclaiming nice guys as more than friends should be''not liking a self proclaimed nice guy that is not good looking as more than friends.''

• Any woman who dates a guy only because he looks attractive to her is probably a woman who gets into a lot of bad relationships. The attractive guy should have a personality that the girl likes too.

• I never said a woman will get involved with a good looking guy that is a jerk, I am saying most would get involved with good looking guys that are nice, even the ones that are too nice, even though they claim they don't like guys that are self proclaimed nice guys, pushovers, etc. yet they give an exception to the good looking guy. Most women in their teens and women in their early twenties are like that

• What I say is truth.

• Haha , yeah those card is real pathetic in my opinion.
    I also dont believe with first good impression, u will eventualy need time, until you finally able to see the truth of people's nature.

• Yes there will always be cry babies but those are just a small part of the pond. There's more to this in general. First of all that when me and my friends talk about nice/bad guys. We're mostly just pointing at the fact that a "bad guy" has and shows more attractive traits. And the fact that "douchy" behavior is way more effective than the behaviour that is "being nice" (opening doors? sounds more like ass kissing. The worst part is when that person expects "things" after the kissing).

• Girls get friend zone at fist sight , men get friend zoned after the first time they meet a girl

• How about I'm neither a nice guy or badboy. I'm just a damn human male god damnit.

• finally someone who gets it.
    A real nice guy doesn't need to say it, it's just natural for him to act like that. A fake nice guy need to create the illusion of niceness by saying he's a nice guy. And 9/10 times the fake nice guy only act nic because he hope to benefit from it.

• Complaining about the whiners is just as annoying and prevalent as the whiners themselves.

• I'm not complaining. Try again

• Lol I am the king of friend-zoning, personal pro :P

• It's simple Woman like projects and problems to fix. Girls like what they can't see. It's simple if you know you shouldn't like something thats bad you will force yourself to believe you dont psychologically suppressing it into the unconscious. But bad guys are like the forbidden Apple for women they want it knowing it's going to cause problems. But these problems are what women like to have. My mum can pick faults with me over the tiniest things when she seems like she's finished her daily problems. Nice Guys cause girls hardly no problems which is why woman dont like them. It's scientific proof woman are atrracTed to men who put them through emotional rollercoaster. At one minute he's all complimentary then the second he's inside your sister ( Im exaggerating). Bad guys are the crux of a woman's insecurity and insecurity is always in there minds. Woman try to fix this insecurity and by doing so they have to change these bad boys. Woman place more focus on things that make them insecure like there face (Make up) and there weight (Gym) so if a bad guy makes her jealous and small he's going to be wanted until she gets rid of this insecurity. Anyway im my opinion im nice but generally nice guys shouldn't be seen as nice straight away. Nice Guys become animals when it's break up time so in theory they were never nice as nice as the claimed. Bad Guys trump Good guys during courting phase and dating but in marriage girls run to nice guys. Because they've had there dose of bad boys and now want a father who will stick around. In my opinion you can't say your a nice guy just like you can't say your an honest person. It's for other people to judge you on these traits.

• Bad boys show confidence which is what nice guys do not show. Of course the girl does not know he is a bad guy, she just likes the quality of self confidence which is found in bad boys

• I think nice guys come across as desperate to some women so it's a qualify I think found in some men that will turn any women off. To be fair if a guy is attractive or not, being desperate is unattractive

• That's your problem if a man is a Gentleman women consider them desperate and clingy yet if a guy is disrespectful he's confident? Wtf how about viewing confidence in a different light. Society labels confident people as mavericks and people who go aagainst norms. But why isn't confidence conveyed through opening her car doors or speaking respectfully? This is why every guy should become more ruthless and I say this because it's always jerks and players that on her mind. Women attach good traits to bad boys such as confidence how About arrogance? But for good guys e. g. Desperate instead of thoughtful/considerate. Hollywood has fucked with your mind and many girls too. I say BAN CHICKFLICKS haha. Players are conveyed as cool and women try to apply this to real life players because they think they can change him lol.

• How bout the chick doesn't like said "nice guy" because he might look like crap

• That too, she probably is not attracted to his looks and she is not attracted to his personality.

• More from Guys
    22

What Girls Said 14

• Yup...
    True.

But guys will never admit to this. And will always blame the girls for 'rejecting' them.
    Awwww poor little 'all is in words and I'm afraid of girls' babies.

• you know one think still men are the one who approach first in most of the case.

• @truthistruth1 I've asked men out plenty of times. I'm not a coward like most men. =)

• not asking after get into the relation before it. and you know the truth that most girls don't ask first.

I generally don't think "nice guy" when a guy says it actually means what the words imply. And anyway, when i think of guys that i am attracted to, "nice" isn't at the top of that list. I expect them to be respectful and have some manners, but really that's a pretty damn low bar to hit. I also expect things on top of that and that's where "nice guys" fall apart.

• 0|0
  • Good take and well said.

Guys friendzone girls they are not attracted to all the time and don't think twice about it.

They always want the prettier and more popular girls to bolster their ego in front of other guys but guess what those girls are being inundated by all the alphas and 'nice guys' so get in line and wait patiently and quit complaining. Maybe one day they might take notice of of 'nice guys'... but chances are they won't so maybe the so called nice guys should pay more attention to the girls who like them who are genuinely nice girls.

• Literally every single guy I've met who complained about being rejected and that he doesn't get it because he's a "nice guy" was a fucking asshole.

Self absorbed, bitter, entitled asshole.

• I completely agree with you. That's exactly what I've thought when I've heard complaints about nice guys and how hard they have it.

• It's really good to see that most guys get that the whole nice guy and bad boy thing doesn't exist. Just like we women think a man only wants us to have sex with and look at our boobs. Again, I blame the media. I blame the media for everything. Racial hate, 12 year old sluts (male and female), body image issues, the self-centerdness of humanity, and yes, the idea that there's such thing as a friend zone.
    A person either likes you that way or they don't. Instead of getting upset that your crush isn't feeling you, stop 'friendzoning' the people that DO like you. I've seen it so many times.
    Girl likes guy 1.
    Guy 2 likes Girl.
    Girl doesn't like Guy 2.
    Girl complains that nobody likes her and she's always being friendzoned and WHY doesn't he like me? I'm so perfect for him!
    Guy 2 just sits there like, "Hello, I exist."

• AMEN !!!
    /////////

• Guys say "I've been friend-zoned" but really what they do is girlfriend-zone girls. They go up and talk to girls expecting to hook up or start a relationship straight away (I'm not saying this is the case with every guy, but lots of guys do it) but some girls just want a guy to have as a friend or someone to talk to. having girl friends are great, but talking to guys can give you a different perspective too. When girls only want a guy to talk to, and not date, the guys get mad and say they've been friend-zoned, well sometimes you gotta be a close friend before you can get into a relationship! Being a friend with a girl first shows you know each other well, then you can make the next step easily, because you know you get along. Point is: don't expect a girl to want to date you just by "being a nice guy" actually show that you are and prove yourself date-worthy.

• usually the guys who keep saying I'm a nice guy I'm a nice guy are actually the opposite and they backstab you.

• If a guy was truly a nice guy they wouldn't have to keep saying it

they would just be...

• The last claim about "girls can be friendzoned too" may be true, but it doesn't happen nearly as often. To be friendzoned, you'd have to ask someone out, and it seems that girls generally avoid doing that.

• If you read my take you would have saw that there are 2 types of guys who feel they have been friend zoned. The first I mentioned are men who feel friend zoned who do not ask the girl out or let their feelings be known.

• Girls get freindZoned in a different way it's more like actions the guy makes like calling her his sister that's exactly what I do. my girlfriend asked me out she could of easily been freindzoned had she not been hot. I've freindzoned lots of girks that are thirsty so I wouldn't say it's not common it's just more secretive and done quietly.

• That last guy in that picture is cute tho

• It's beyond my understanding why you have two downvotes. People downvote for no reason here sometimes it seems.

• @R3d_Anonymous lol dude its because I dont give a shit about this Take. I'm not taking it seriously. There is no point to agree with pissbabies who like to whine about someone not being into them and just wanting to friends

• Also, often the nice guy trashes the girl for rejecting him. That isn't very "nice" of him, isn't it? Most nice guys who say all girls want are bad guys, are usually jerks being nice to girls just so they get the girl and if they don't get her they throw a fit and blame us all. I personally have had what you would consider "bad guys" like me and I have been completely turned off them because I want someone who is kind to me and has a clean slate, not a bad guy with many bridges to break.

• Anyone who makes someone feel bad for not wanting to date them isn't 'nice' at all so it's kind of bullshit.