The definitive guide to finding the perfect guy

It's the age old question, isn't it? Where are all the nice guys? Well... are you ready for the answer?

The definitive guide to finding the perfect guy.

The truth is, nice guys AREN'T that hard to find. The problem is, girls don't find them attractive until they're well into their 20's, by which stage, ALL the girls seem to find them attractive at the same time. (ok, maybe not ALL... but you get my point).

Now think about this from the guy's perspective. During his horniest, and unfortunately, dorkiest pubescent years, he's been conditioned to accept that girls will usually pass him over for the jocks and the cool pretty boys. So he goes and focuses on his work, gets great grades, gets an awesome job, go to grad school, builds a career, and before he knows it he turns from this dork who can't buy a girl a drink at a bar, to getting all this attention from women who were previously unattainable.

And guess what? The majority of these girls have a pretty healthy attitude towards sex, and he finally gets a taste of what he's longed for all these years. So he continues to go on these dates, and sometimes he gets lucky and falls in love fast and finds his happily ever after early. Sometimes he gets his heart broken and gets lured to the dark side. Whatever the case, this former geek has discovered his new found powers of being the highly sought after guy, and the girls are finding that they have to compete for his attention and his time.

So let me ask you this now. Why would a nice desirable guy pick YOU from the crowd to be his happy ever after? Why should he wait for sex with YOU when it's being offered without issue by others? Why should he not take up those opportunities to have fun with other people just because he hasn't yet met YOU? Why are YOU worth the time for him to sleep with?

The answer, unfortunately, is that for women to get what you want, they need to invest in time with a guy for his future potential and help him grow towards that, rather than just sit back and wait for a guy that's already gained success. A guy that's already found his success has options, and most women either don't have or don't want to do what it takes to compete at that level.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 9

• Is this aimed at girls who have their life together or girls who don't have their life together? I'm not gonna wait for an ideal or perfect guy to catch up to me when there are already guys at my level who fit the perfect/ideal guy category that I can pick from.

Peoples taste in the opposite sex change as they age. High school and early years of college focus on the here and now. Like for example, "what do my peers think about the guy I'm dating?" Closer to the end of college focuses on the future and reaching the end of your 20's now aimed towards career and settling down (for some).

• What about a nice girl in the same predicament as the nice guy in your take?
    I'm a Jason Bateman for sure! Hahaha xD

• So... you are saying that young Jason Bateman wasn't attractive to girls? :O Just look at him! So handsome! :3

• Jason Bateman looks good to me now and back then. I doubt he ever had trouble getting girls.

• R u finding a douche bag?

• On the other hand, why would you invest time and effort into someone if you're not sure about the outcome? You may end up spending best years of your life on a guy who isn't going anywhere in the end, or who'll dump you as soon as he - not without your help - grows and becomes "too good" for you. I've seen plenty of real-life examples of both situations. I'm a mentally strong, confident, and goal-driven person, and I expect my guy to posses the same traits. I'll always be there for him, of course, but I'm not going to babysit him and hope that a miracle happens, and an awkward dork suddenly turns into a prince. It's not my job to build his character out of nothing, and I'm certainly not going to wait for him. I'll just continue to build a perfect life for myself, and if he wants to be a part of it, he better catch up.

• Nice take.

The average woman nowadays is far too picky. Some of them don't realize it and then wonder why they can't get a boyfriend.

• This take makes me want to date a bad-boy now :D
    A guy with morals don't have to have a name-tag (in my opinion). I don't look for a guy with success but he has some planned future ahead of him.

• I'm not looking for a nice guy though. I'm looking for a gentleman who can hold his ground but at the same time he is respectful

• What the hell makes you think a nice guy is a pushover? I've known some really nice guys that nobody would want to fuck with because they could stop being nice real fast when somebody hit their limits.

What Guys Said 8

• I agree with this mytake though I myself am not a nice guy, but rather a gentleman, but the core concept of this mytake applies to both.

Nice work.

• no one is perfect... but to find the right person who you are in love with, you will ignore all the bad and just see him/her as the perfect person.

• As a nice guy myself I have to say the often biggest factor in finding a girl is her looks. If she is not pretty then I just can't feel attraction towards her. That said, after the attraction has been sparked, it's her personal qualities that will make me want a relationship with her.

Just because a girl is pretty doesn't mean I want to date her. I am a nice guy not a douchebag, there are pretty girls everywhere but I want someone worth having a relationship with. So if a girl knows she is pretty but is still having trouble finding a good man, from there I would advise working on personal growth and improvement.

• I can understand why the guys that commented (or at least some of them) are thinking what they're thinking. It seems kinda phony that she withheld her affections, until years later. She told you she just wanted friendship all those years ago and, now, after you got your life together and you're making pretty fat checks, she has intrigue in you. If they were homeless, would you still be attracted to them? It's just poorly timed.

• The only reason the girls start falling for these guys is because they are making a lot of money. Money talks.

• whats the point who wants to be with someone who only finds you attractive for your sucess and not how you are? sadly she will always look at you with contempt because you are NOT her type she is only settling with you and will never really be attracted to said nice guy

• You are definitely onto something. I got mild interest from women in High School but after college it was like I was a rock star. I never had to pursue a woman, just pick from all the ones who were making it plain they were interested in me. Things got so it was noticeable and strange (but not alluring, playing hard to get has no attraction for me) if an unattached young woman wasn't obviously interested in me.

• Here I am! Yay:D