Dating preferences become a problem when:
1. When the person is still single even though they go out on dates.
Sure we can't expect every person we meet to progress into a relationship but if they are dating multiple people and it goes no where, there is a problem
2. When the person they prefer does not want them and it makes them mad because they feel entitled to them because they are their type.
3. When the person does not know what they want
Yes she may say she wants a athletic guy or he says he wants a petite blonde girl but they are doing one thing while saying another. How can a person have a preference without knowing what it is they want?
4. When the person becomes desperate
5. When they get upset all the time from bring rejected.
When they start to feel self pity
6. They make their lives the other person's life
They have no hobbies outside of dating once they meet the person they like.
7. Poor sport
They can't move on and they have to know why things didn't work out. They can not take "No" for an answer.
8. Bashing the people they are not attracted to and talking down on others because they are not their preference
Putting them down because they don't have the skin color, height, hair length, body type, or social class they want