Cute First Date Ideas

For those of you who are interested in making your first date with a special someone fun and memorable, I've made a list of some cute date ideas.

Cute First Date Ideas

An activity like bowling, miniature golf, ice skating, indoor rock climbing, or tennis

Activities that get you moving are great because:

• They're fun and bring out your playful side
  • They allow for friendly/flirty competition
  • They can help diminish the awkward silences that often happen in the beginning stages of a relationship
  • Some can allow for innocent physical contact (e.g. holding hands while ice skating, teaching your date a better bowling or golfing technique, etc.)

Cupcake Shop

Cupcake shops are adorable, and generally very low-key. Going to one is more of an original date idea than simply going for coffee. If both you and your date have a sweet tooth, visit a cupcake shop; they have so many delicious and unique choices to choose from.

Visit a Local Zoo or Aquarium

Animals are fascinating. A zoo or an aquarium can give you and your date a lot of visual stimulation and things to talk about.

Have a Picnic

If the weather is nice, have a picnic in a local park. It's cheap, while still being a very sweet and romantic date idea. You and your date can pack sandwiches and drinks, and bring a blanket, a speaker for music, a deck of cards, and a frisbee.

Wine Festival

If you and your date are wine lovers and legally able to drink, then consider spending the day at a wine festival. They're usually located outside, in very scenic locations, and give you and your date a chance to loosen up a bit and enjoy the outdoors. Have a relaxed, classy date with delicious wine, cheese, and grapes.

Have a Date Night In

If you both feel comfortable doing so, have a date night in at one of your places. Order takeout (maybe pizza or Chinese food), light a candle, rent a movie, and snuggle up on the couch under a warm blanket.

ninetynine is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

• I think your first header and the zoo were spot on... and I have done all of those actually! I think it is important to keep it very public though, as at least for the girls I ask out, we don't know each other very much if at all.- It makes the girl at least feel more comfortable I think. but I know all of my girlfriends report that their friends were jealous of my first date ideas because too many guys just go for dinner or drinks. Bowling and ice skating especially have proven to be great first dates!

• For first dates (at least for people you don't know too well), my aunt always recommends ice cream dates. Basically you meet up, get an initial impression of the person, and based on that initial impression you order the size of your ice cream meal.

... So if the guy or girl freaks you the hell out, get a "small" size and eat fast. If the person seems normal or interesting, order as you normally would. The idea is to not spend too much time with someone you don't like.

It has at least worked for my sister in the past. It isn't too expensive and she likes ice cream. Apparently it has saved her from some creepy guys who tried to move things to fast.

• All of these ideas sound great. I especially like picnics.

• Ow fuck I love wine, where do I get that wine festival I gonna get fuckin drunk haha

• You know I rarely find a girl I'm comfortable with, most the girls I have a awkward feeling so I avoid it mostly but when I'm drunk or geeked up I have fun with them, I really enjoy having fun with a special girl when I'm sober, & I need to work on that but these are pretty awkward dates unless you click with that person from the jump... Good luck everyone

• These are second, third or fourth dates.

The first 'date' should be short and sweet. Coffee or a drink or something where you can have a conversation and decide whether you want to even pursue them. You really don't want to go on a 'fun' activity, realise halfway through you hate them, and be stuck there with them.

• No offence, but those first dates are boring... you need them to be fun.

• A short and sweet first date is probably ideal if you're going on a first date with someone you met online, or through a friend or something. But this myTake was more for people who have actually met the other person through real life interactions and see true potential. It's not like you can't get to know someone while also having fun and doing something memorable. Just my opinion.

• Now that I understand the distinction, these ideas aren't so bad. However, for a first encounter from a dating site, I stick by my quick coffee/drink and maybe a walk.

• Great list. Active dates always seem to go a lot better. It takes away the awkwardness of sitting accross from an almost stranger and trying to build rapport. Plus, being active is fun and if you can't have fun with someone then you probably shouldn't be with them anyway!

• Thanks for trying but what you listed is great for a third/fourth date. The only exceptions are ice skating and maybe mini golf (never hard first date bowling date).
    Your list could work well if you and your "date" have known each other for a while. It could also work if you guys both love that activity, met while doing that activity or talked a lot about doing it.

I liked what Anonymous (30-35) has listed in his comment. Best first dates are cheap, conversational and flexible.

P. S. - 90% of the girls I hang out with I've known for less than 20 minutes.

• Great take, I love the suggestions :)

• TERRIBLE take. These are AWFUL suggestions.

Guys, do yourself a favor:

Cheap (cafe, a walk; don't blow a check on a girl you won't see again)
    Conversational (i. e., no movie theaters)
    Universal (everyone can and is willing to do... so no rock climbing)
    Flexible (a cafe date can end fast and easy if you two don't hit it off)
    Close to privacy (if you sense she's DTF, bed her fast, before she loses the mood... can't do that if you have an hour long bus ride to a private place)

• Picnics make awesome dates

• Zoos are best visited in the rain. The animals are by far the most active when it's raining.

• The zoo:
    "Watching animals have sex will give you something to talk about."

Also, am I the only one who wouldn't want to go rock climbing or playing tennis simply because of sweat.

What Girls Said 7

• awww very cute take! nice job

• "An activity like bowling, miniature golf, ice skating, indoor rock climbing, or tennis"
    These sound ideal to me for a first date.

Cupcake shop sounds yummy.

• what about a vintage swing dance club?

• Date night in might only be appropriate if you were friends first. Otherwise, there are some safety risks.

• Nice take!

• Omg, thanks for these ideas! I kept thinking what could possibly be a good first date. I only came up with something cliché like movie theater and restaurant.
    Great take :)

• Very nice😊👏🏽