Cougars vs Younger Girls

Cuz wouldn't it be just be making it too easy to date someone your own age...

Cougars VS. Younger Girls

APPROACHING

Cougars

It's harder I'd say actually. She might not know your age if you're a mature guy but you will and it will psyche you out. You'll sense the world is judging you. You'll be juding yourself. Just how much younger is this girl than your mother? Her face just looks a little less...lifey than your ex girlfriend and yet when you walk over to her you feel like she's a real woman and everyone before her were simply little girls...

Younger Girls

Yeah, if they are 18 and look 16 you'll get some awful looks. Everyone will know what you're upto. You know younger girls look up to you because having an older guy into them seems soooo cool. You don't have to work hard and yet she's sexier. And yet she's annoying? This really depends on the guy, but in terms of approaching a younger girl poses no threat to the old self esteem. You feel validated. Man, if only you acted this confident when you were her age then...oh wait, that's right you can only get away with it because of all the attention you get from her type...

HOOKING UP

Cougars

I don't know...you've got some years on me, but...wow you actually have a really nice body. Wow you know what you're doing. Wow I don't have to talk you into anything. Wow the fact that I'm younger turns you on in a weird way and I'm into it. You don't expect me to call. I might anyway.

Younger Girls

More foreplay? Really? You don't give head? Why? These are the main questions you'll run into when you date a few years down but don't worry at least everythings clean down there...psycholocially you get that bonus of knowing that there literally wasn't time for so many guys to get in that. You're a pioneer. You feel special. Now you have to cuddle and the lingerie she bought just for you is a little starchy and it's summer and you don't really want to fall asleep cuddling because its so effing hot but do and you're begging for that little stream of breeze to come from the window but she blocks it while she sleeps because she insists that you be on the side closest to the door and you're hoping exhaustion from the heat will cause you to faint so you can make it all stop...when you wake up, she's made you breakfast and you feel really bad for being such an souless ass on the inside and eat your eggos whilst plotting an escape route.

RELATIONSHIPS

Cougars

Wow, your mom does not like this woman. Not one bit. For the boys who enjoyed disobeying their moms growing up, this makes the sex hotter. But what is your mom doing on your mind during sex? Oh god make it stop. But there's this comfort you feel with this slightly older woman that you can't quite put your finger on and don't really want to. There's something that feels like home...and this translates into the relationship. When you talk she not only listens, but has something worthwile to say back to you. She makes you think. She opens your mind. She's experienced things. You come away from time with her feeling enriched. You feel smarter around her. She can say I love you with a look. There's this sense of warmth and trust.

Younger Girls

Wow, your dad really likes this girl. How many more pats on the back will he give you before you have no shoulder left? You get a lot of looks when you go out. A lot of at' a boys. One thing this girl is cute and sexy. She has fun. She looks up to you. She wants you to show her the world. She wants to be your princess. She's still at that stage in life where her life is actually all about you. Literally no guy could take her from you. Channing Tatum could propose and she'd be like I'm Already Taken by an amazing guy. What did you to this girl? Why is she so devoted? Yet once you drop your guard and allow yourself to be happy with her you find the cuteness never ends and nor does the love. That is until you neglect her because you have nothing in common but sex and some other guy promises more of a connection but oh wait hopefully that won't happen...

THE BREAK UP

Cougars

Oddly clean. Oddly matter of fact if it's her who wants it. If you want it, she may do all manner of things to prevent it from happening. I mean this is a woman who's seriously dating a younger man when she has men her own age who can provide better presumably, so she's a little unstable from the outset. Yet, if you're persistent, the cougar goes off to find new cubs but you sense you'll always have a spot in heart that she won't forget.

Younger Girls

Oh, god. Just pray it's what she wants and not what you want. If you push a breakup when she's in aformentioned lovestoned state you need to cut off all forms of communcation and probably move. Her mind will constantly tell her : just fix this just get him back just fix this just get him to care and then you can be ok. The texts will be constant as well as the calls. The best way you know to finally make it all stop is to get your female friend to kiss your cheek at a party and have someone post it and tag you and she sees it and she's not sure what it means but it hurts enough to make her not want to ever see it again and she blocks you everywhere and she forbids her friends from talking about you and then you can finally get some piece and quiet...

So for me, I think Cougars oddly take it for me. There is no good nor bad only where a man in his personal lifequest. Sometimes a man wants his sexy bunny rabbit. Sometimes he wants a woman who's achieved her feminity maybe even more than he's achieved his masculinity. Hell, he may even on occasion might want to actually be normal and date girls his own age. To each great man his own great choice, but hopefully this has given us something to think about, which is not that age is NOT just a number...no, not all.

pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 34

• Haha what is this?

• Hey, I just had a really great idea to fix your problem. Why not date girls your own age!

Holy mother of god I'm a fucking genius.

• Then what would be the difference between 20-29 and cougars?

• See - the younger girls you described literally sound like they're teenagers. o. O

So teenagers vs older women - of course older women would win hands down. xD

• It'd be different 25 vs 45 year old girls honestly...

• It's sad how many young adults act like teens. Boys and girls alike.

• Yeeeah. Even early-mid 20s women act like teenagers, often. Really, many 20-22 year olds may as well be 18 or 16.

• That first woman is gorgeous.

I am 27 years old and I am starting to be approached by younger guys. Like 18-20. It really creeps me out. Maybe once they're 24 I will think about it.

• lol don't judge before you give it a go! at least a one nighter?

• So, do you feel the same when you're around a guy who has already done the journey that you are doing?

@Rawrzz I have officially done both. The man 20 years older talks about "in his day". Seeing my age that is usually Vietnam era. I dated one who talked nothing more than his amazing parties he had in the 1970s. Fast forward to being a cougar. I don't mind the term. The conversations with younger man are usually having gaps. He's never known a world without video games, Internet. Some wording you use he may not get. I said "play hookey" he didn't understand till I repeated it in modern wording. I don't feel creepy. But, his concern for what others see is sad. Having to work sound a mom who is knowing you're getting her son. How she knows what makes you tick. Not him...

• No matter how old I am, I wouldn't date guys that are younger than me. It just feels weird, to me.

• Yes but you're 17, no one dates 14 year old boys lol. I do prefer older guys but you might change your mind once you're old enough to date younger guys that aren't prepubescent kids lol

• Think that's a bit unfair. Maybe they're not totally emotionally mature, but people become mature through relationships. We make mistakes, hurt people, learn and grow. Making people wait only prohibits the development. We don't suppose to dictate what teenagers eat and diet is a much less understood issue. Why take away their right to decide on sex. I def felt like I wanted to be with a girl at 10/11 by the way, never more than then. I trust my own biology over random people. Why should other people get to dictate what age I or anyone has a relationship? Why should I have to go through 6/8 years of celibacy because a bunch of people who've never met me insultingly reckon I have the emotional maturity of a baby? Infringement of rights.

• @fluidflow I'm not saying you are unable to date, I'm saying you wouldn't be a good partner for v older girls at that age. In general a 15 year olds girl would not want a 10 year old. This isn't about teens not being allowed to date, this is a about teens not being on the same maturity to handle people older (not to mention it's often illegal)

One has to be at least 17 in my opinion to start dating people more than 4 years older.

Because starting college your relationship has to work on more than "I like to be with you, " but also consider time and money and living together. Things a 14 year old definitely can't experience yet.

• Reading your post, I wonder if this a wet dream lol

• At least someone is getting laid.

• Men love to pin women against each other

• This is so biased. You talk about depends on the guy but what about depends on the girl? Also, have you tried dating someone your age instead of 16 year olds and 40 year olds?

There is 4 years between me and my partner. You talked about a younger girl not doing sexual stuff or demanding? Never said that to him, I'm the opposite.
    You talked about him lying near the door? I don't insist on that he does.
    You talked about being cuddled to sleep, again I don't insist.

I think you are not considering women are all different and also that a slightly older young woman (not a teen, but 20s) can be the best of both worlds. There is such a thing as a happy middle ground rather than the two extremes.

For an editor, you aren't very open minded.

• You are not a special snowflake.

• I never said I was. But it's interesting you've replied with hostility rather than addressing any points. Thus meaning I think you know you "gone done fucked up" with this one.

• I'm only 25 and I've got men calling me a cougar. Kind of offensive in a way but in a way makes me feel a little powerful haha. I have been getting hit on a lot by 18 - 20 year olds and I find it odd but only because they seem so young to me and I guess that doesn't turn me on personally.

• Your MyTake, your opinion.

So, thanks for putting your opinion out there... I can see truth in a lot of what you're saying. But this reads as heavily stereotyped and biased.

• I'm 46, and a man I work with is 31. I noticed he started flirting with me earlier this year. Honestly, I was surprised. He couldn't be sweeter. He's such a gentleman around me. But I can tell he's a little shy too. Maybe he's intimidated? I don't know. Sometimes when we work together there's an awkwardness. Yet I catch him staring whenever he's around. Nothing has happened... but when he's around his smile brightens up my day.

• maybe find a more mature girl instead of a giggly teen? a woman who is 45 or so won't take a younger guy seriously. there will always be a part of her brain thats like "hes still a kid". you can't really start a family either because of the age difference. she probably won't want kids at that age and it'll be difficult for her to get pregnant. you probably won't want kids because you're young then by the time you do want kids she'll be way too old.

• Bit biased but nice take.

• You're real good at generalising. Not everybody of the same age is the same. So this doesn't make any sense.

• You are delusional lol by younger girls are you speaking 14-16? You said "If you push a breakup when she's in aformentioned lovestoned state you need to cut off all forms of communcation and probably move. Her mind will constantly tell her : just fix this just get him back just fix this just get him to care and then you can be ok. The texts will be constant as well as the calls."
    AS IF hahaha after breaking up with me it was my boyfriend who came crying and calling and asking for forgiveness. Don't make all young women sound clingy just because you once dated a stalker

• quite stereotypical and unoriginal honestly these are all points we've heard before in cheap stand up comedy no less. I tried older men, they tried to father me and it was aggravating and weird plus they were far more demanding and less understanding about sexual stuff which I refused to do at all with both older men. My current boyfriend is my age and was more than happy to take his time and never shouts at me! Older men shout! I can't be in a relationship where I am looked down upon and berated like a child. With older men I found that their age did not mean they were mature at all! They were man-children my 19 year old boyfriend is more mature and respectful!

Seems like you dated the wrong older guys. This seems a personality thing.

• The 'younger one' does not describe me at all. No guy is my 'center of attention' or my world. Tf outta here. I do what I want. I'm mature af and handle breakups well... shoot I even expect them weirdly.

• So, I have always wondered what we call older men that date younger women?

Vultures, sickos, studly man of my dreams? Is there a term for them?

• In prison they are called Chomos , pronounced CHO-MOE

• It's called

'Cradle-Snatching' - present participle verb
      'Cradle-Snatcher' - noun

Basically meaning that you take children out of their parent's hands 😂

Sugar Daddy if money applies to it. Not sure if a woman dates a broke older Guy.

• More from Girls
    14

What Guys Said 45

• Ehh, no.

I've dealt with cougars.

They're more work for less sexy.

• Young or old women all are the same

• I want to go for a cougar! :P

• I fuck all that I can fuck.

/thread

• Older women can teach younger guys a lot regarding sex and relationships.

• I wanna scoop myself a cougar

• Match your age limit in my book. So for me I have to go with younger, however I wouldn't turn down a good sex session with a nice looking cougar

• I would do either or as long as they aren't married.

Very nice to the blonde chick in the pic though...

• older women are for sex that is all

• At my age of 37 they all have to be younger now. Anything older usually fly's on a broomstick at night.

• Unless she's hot like jlo

I get tons and tons of replies from men on dating sites. I'm just showing unedited face and a smile, low makeup. My age is usually guessed at low 30s or 28ish

Oh in person too... Not to sound conceited

• Its fundament and essential, older women have more experience, controlling and stability. ... they know how to handle things, how to handle hard times... they can figure their own way out, they don't need you to hug them to make their day, they need you to be responsible to your own issues and they absolutely know how to help you... it's not only "cheering" , they love you in a confident way to make you know what love is meant to you... most of them don't care how you look, what's your color or whatever it is and they really mean it when they say it, they let you to teach them about the things they missed when they were at your age, and they teach about the things that you're going to face in the future...

• Wow, I think you just confused yourself with milfs and Cougars.

• I simply go for older women because of their looks. Some women age like a fine wine and I think many older women are hotter than the younger ones. Just look at a really young pic of Catherine Zeta-Jones and a photo now, she looks better now with some age on her.

• A cougar would probably expect you to be well-endowed.

• i think probably they would expect a lot of stamina and energy I don't know about well endowed maybe if theyre a housewife and you're a pool boy...

• I always had fantasies of older women, even when I was younger. I know those type of older women are out there, but they are hard to find and I don't think they are very open about the idea since it can be taboo.

• I've dated older and younger women. What I always find is that the age difference doesn't matter that much; it's about the compatibility and the connection.

• Every girl is beautiful- Nahid

• Whoa! Who's the chick in that first pic?

• Seriously dude--who is she? Just saw your question on the top of my live feed again, and damn! She's distracting!

• A lot of hoopla over nothing. It's very simple. If a cougar just wants to get laid and you are a hot young guy, she will take you. Then again, the same thing applies to pretty much anyone of both genders.

• Nothing at all upsetting with it, I fully encourage it, but unfortunately I believe that if you prefer older women to younger, looks wise, you're biologically confused.

• elaborate

• Heterosexual men are generally more attracted to youthful appearances.
      Look up neoteny.
      If you look at it from a purely physical view, guys often enjoy big eyes, smooth skin, petite statures, small jaw, dark limbal ring, lack of hair. All youthful traits, because biologically, younger girls make better babies.
      Even if you like older ladies, generally you like older ladies that still look young.
      Of course this is just the average, and human sexuality is more than just biology and looks, but hey it's a scientific average so this guy isn't wrong.

• Elaborate on what, the biologically confused bit? What kalibie said.

• More from Guys
    25