There is often "Beauty" in Rejection

For those of you who have been Rejected...

You know it's not a good feeling.

There is often

Even more so in those who already struggle with low-self esteem and insecurity.

You take it VERY ..Personal..No matter the situation. It's just your fault for whatever reason. While there is always room for improvement. And it's possible you may have did something obviously not good.

Your mind gets filled with "if's.. and

's

"If I looked like this" , and "if I didn't have that", or" if I had more of that"..

"I shouldn't have done that".." I should have said that"..

You mentally think of a Rewind and/or Delete Button.

You start to pick your self apart peice by peice..

Failure ..It's a hard pill to swallow.. especially if you felt like you gave it your all.

But...

After all the Heartache.. The Tears..

The feelings of ...

Lack, not good enough, why,how,unworthiness, failure, self-hate,and inferiority

There is "BEAUTY"...

I'll say it again there is "BEAUTY" in rejection.

There is always something we will learn. About Ourselfs, and /or Life.. Look closely and listen louder. Some of us see the lessons early others late. But there is Always one.

I asked the "Higher Power" and he showed me...

I had been looking for it for most of my adult life.

It took someone not being attracted to me and NOT wanting me in their life. For me to see why I act the way I do. I would have never known what my problem was. While the rejection left it's bruises and memories.

It has left an even bigger Beautiful Lesson....

If you need Help with Rejection visit the link.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 18

• I just started to look at rejection as ''hey, she doesn't match my qualities, or she isn't seeing how awesome am i in the future. Maybe we just don't match each other. Let's move on.''

• *exasperated sigh.

• Rejection isn't shit. Sure I used to think it was the worst thing in junior high/middle school, but I'd argue being led on or even rebounded is 1000x worse. If some girl rejects me then I know where I stand right off the bat and move onto the next one. If I'm being led on then I've just been strung along and don't know when a person is really interested or not.

Same applies to my sales job. I do go through a lot of rejection and even though I'm getting more sales then when I started, I still get people who will act excited and interested and by the the 3rd or 4th time I go there, they pull a total 180 and say no I don't want it, leave and don't come back. They could have saved both their and my time by saying no right away.

• I usually use it as motivation to improve, or often she is in a relationship or you two are just not compatible...

• I personally don't feel that bad when I get rejected, I just distract myself.

• ::insert pick of grumpy cat here:: "No."

Being rejected all the time, or 99.9% of the time? No. There's nothing beautiful to that, other than if she ends up being a bad person, you dodged a bullet. Oh, and if you can appreciate an especially creative and nasty rejection. Other than that, there's no beauty to getting shot down in (sometimes increasingly) cruel ways.

• Being rejected means you're a loser. Don't sugar coat how nasty you are. I've never been rejected because I'm a winner and I have a 13 inch penis.

• In my case everytime i ask a girl i get rejected. So pretty much left hope to find a girl in my life. So to overcome this i visit prostitutes. It get my job done. Some of you will not support my choice. But what choice do i have?

• My biggest lesson from rejection:

You are the only person who knows who you are. Everyone else is just guessing based off of what you give them. You can't control at all what conclusions they reach only what information you put out. So go into the world and be the person you want to be if and when people reject you remember they don't know YOU so they can't reject YOU. They can only ever reject the version of you they've created/imagined in thier head. That image of you is more about them and thier brain than it is you.

Or in short: brains are weird, life ain't perfect, try to be happy anyways.

• well people really judge me because i have unique eyebrows and well they think im not attractive, my crush rejected me but she got with 2 best friends and a really big asshole and now she's with another guy and they are pretty intimate

• people these days are too quick to judge and they judge the book before they have even opened it or in this case they look at me and think he's ugly and probably has an ugly personality

• I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I don't see it, personally.

• Or you're just a fuckin loser and there's no beauty in your rejection. by the way, girls don't really get rejected

• There is no beauty in certain forms of rejection. The gal that pretends for months to be a friend, who is always there to listen to me, and grateful that I am there to listen to her. Only for her to one day go through bad breakup with someone else. After he gets mad at her for doing something I advised her not to do.

Then, she disappears for a week. She comes back, and won't even look me in the eye. Won't talk to me. Peers around corners to see if I'm gone. Starts turning coworkers against me, but tells them not to tell me what it is I'm being accused of, so I can't defend myself. Convinces the big rival coworker that already hates me of the worst about me, until I can't stand to be around him. Suddenly, most other gals I once talked to freely begin avoiding me, without explanation.

I no longer know friend from foe at that store. Everyone I interact with, I do so convinced that one false step and everything goes to hell. One minute, I could be minding my own business cleaning the machines. The next, I could get flash-mobbed by loss prevention, accused of something I don't know the first thing about. The only thing I dread more than coming in to work, is having to pay the bills I can barely pay anyway. That, and watching Facebook friends disappear without explanation, till I feel more alone and threatened than ever.

To the point that I fear reaching out to befriend others that live at the apartment complex near me, convinced that they'll become enemies out of the blue and I'll be blindsided, living amongst the enemy being even worse than having to work amongst them.

Where is the beauty in this? I only aim to be helpful and caring to those around me, and yet I feel targeted, a world obsessed with repaying good with evil. How is this beautiful?

• I go to 20 dates and I freaking get rejected or friend zoned all the times. No, there's no beauty in this. I hate feeling like a left over garbage that is not needed, regardless how much effort and politeness i put into things. The only things i can think of are I'm not good enough /nobody needs me. I have mo idea what I'm doimg wrong, but I'm tired ans burnt out already. I dress well, I'm polite, I'm clean, but no, even those guys who treat their girlfriends are picked by some girl but naturally I'm NOT needed.

• Even those guys who treat their girlfriends like shit*

• @Rocky19 Good to hear that buddy [brofist]

• I am sorry for you man but I don't think you are at fault, you look like normal human being so I don't think its you. Maybe the problem is that you were dating them, this puts the girls in defensive mode. Maybe just change the strategy, make friends, spend time with them and if one you like seems to be interested just give it a shot.

• A beautiful take this is

• Guys with confidence brush off rejection and move on. It's a numbers game for men.

• Is not a game man, it's the lives of two or more people.

• I learned that lesson the hard way when I took an ex from her failing marriage.

• There is no beauty when she girl rejected me by standing me up. She could of said no I'm not interested right away but she dragged it on.

• Never said it wasn't gonna hurt.. The beauty is found in the lesson and/or awarness of some sort.

• yeah thats so rude and just a really disrespectful person

• Amazing! This really helped me a lot..👍

What Girls Said 7

• great take

• This is so helpful really well done this made my day😃

• Beautiful take! nice visuals☺

• this made me feel good

• I am not sure there is beauty in rejection. As for me I have been rejected so many times that it has turned me ugly. I now feel like everyone is out to play me and will eventually reject me so I have learned to hide my feelings and act as if it doesn't hurt ( major no no) It is so hard to nit pick and think something is wrong with you, but it has everything to do with the other person who may also fear rejection so they beat you to the punch.

• this is such a nice message :)

• This was beautifully written, thank you.