Girls, it is ok to have high standards!

I am so looking forward to the many bitter, salty ass males that will be commenting on myTake. If this myTake did offend you, can you place your complaint at getyourshittogether@beaman.com. You may or may not get a reply but hell, it is worth a shot.

So this take is going to target mainly males.

Girls, it is ok to have high standards.

So I was dating this guy for two weeks and to be honest, he isn't the type that I am used to. He was a supermarket worker, didn't have a dollar to his name, had no ambition, sex was terrible and he was a selfish lover.

And this is me: I now work with the Australian government, I get a paid a great wage, I have a car, a degree, 2 certificates, a nice little nest egg, a nice looking bank account and just placed a deposit for a house of my own. I am 27, I have my shit together. I am also attractive. So I can have high standards, right? So here I was , looking at him and I said to myself "Go ahead, Noora. Give him a chance."

You know, my mum was right about one thing. I am a beautiful, accomplished girl but I am also extremely desperate at times. Sometimes, I get lonely and I do want some dick to cuddle up to me every now and then.

So I gave him a chance, and boy was it a bad decision. After fucking three days, I paid for everything and I stupidly gave him money to borrow. I get paid a lot so it's change from the back of the couch for me. But still, I felt like the man in the relationship. I advised him to quit his job and at least get into the police force (he was the one that wanted to- basically, he just sits back and dreams without doing anything). You know I might as well be a lesbian because some of you trifling ass males don't know how to be a man if it sodomized you.

I sent him a text dumping him after a week- it's all he deserves. I wrote "Hey, I won't be able to make it tomorrow, have a good one and take care". He in turn wrote "Fine! Yeah, I will have a great one!" I didn't reply, being the dumpee hurts.

So ladies, here are the following reasons why it is good to have high standards.

1) They will never ask you for money

Trust me, you will feel like a man and you will not be comfortable with the change of roles. You will be the one paying ALL of the bills, and he doesn't have the fucking decency to pay quarter of it.

2) Your friends and family will be ok with your beau

You will never have to deal with your mumma crying and saying the dreaded sentence "Where have I failed you?", your daddy getting the shotgun everytime your princess fuckboy wants to go out to the bar instead of finding a job, your friends won't talk about you behind your back saying how desperate you are.

3) Never EVER feel pressured when some salty ass boy who works at fucking subway, with no dollar to his name to date him just because he has a "personality"

Your personality ain't gonna pay the bills, boo boo.

4) It is quite alright to expect a man to treat you nice

Dear men, when has it become not ok to spoil your woman once in a while? To pay for her meal? To maybe get her some motherfucking roses once in a while, or maybe get her a nice piece of jewellery once in a while? For example, I once had a boyfriend who spoiled me, bought me nice stuff. I in return bought him nice trinkets too. Then he hit me because I dress nice and he didn't want guys to look at me.

5) If your standards won't get you a man, well it is better being alone than with some trifling ass fuckboy who won't do anything for you anyway

Face it, you can get dick in every area code. What makes him so special? Bitch please.

So men, get your shit together, have some goddamn ambition, treat your woman nicely and buy her things every once in a while. We aren't expecting you to have a fucking ferrari or anything, we just expect you to have a roadworthy vehicle so that you don't bother us and borrow our vehicle. We expect you to own your OWN money so that you won't have to ask us to borrow some of ours. Don't you have any respect borrowing money from a woman?

BE A FUCKING MAN!

Hope you enjoyed myTake. And ladies, I pray that you all get the man of your dreams. If you don't, don't resort to these fuckboys. Promise?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 132

• This sounds a lot like a personal problem. Though I agree with having high standards I must agree with @kirah on her opinion. It's fine to want what you want. It isn't fine to expect to be catered to. Though your experience with men may be poor at best, most men probably have equally appalling if not more so stories to tell. I know I do. You may work for the government but did you ever think that "just wanting a dick to cuddle up to me" was an improper line of thinking? That seems needy and selfish. Exactly how does one be a selfish lover? Because you didn't get off? You realize that durning vaginal intercourse it is very unlikely that the female gets off? "He has no money" ok fair. No one wants a partner who can't sustain themselves. However, did you ever think he doesn't have a good job because there is something restricting that? Maybe he simply can't find a better one. You obviously know more about his career status than I do. But still. Having standards is fine. You're attacking men. That is the sole purpose of this take. You are attacking the men who haven't done anything with their lives. Fair. Did you ever stop to think about the men who have? Like myself. I am married and happily so. I gpwork for Activision Publishing as Server Management and run 2 of my own businesses. I make a 6 figure dollar a year. My wife? She doesn't work. She doesn't want to. Does that bother me? Yeah, it definitely does. She's an intelligent woman and very skilled. However I make enough to support us both and our respective hobbies and vices. So I push her to succeed in the world yeah. However I never judge her on what she hasn't done. That's not fair. You can't judge someone on something they haven't done. If you are going to judge someone judge them on what they have done. In short this is generalistic and very much sexist. The fact that your attacking men and women are calling you sexist should be a clue. You definitely don't deserve that editor title if you post shit like this. This is my opinion. You're a sexist woman and should be ashamed of this take. Now. I'm going to happy relationship that is perfectly imperfect. Goodbye.

P. S: if a man can't ask his woman to borrow the car or help a little with the bills then neither can women. If I couldn't ask my wife occasionally to let me use her car because mine isn't practical for the task at hand then she can't ask for money, etc. Favours and gifting goes both ways if you don't give you don't receive. End of story.

• I don't have a problem with a woman having high standards, but she better respect it when a man has his own.

• Lady, if you want a high standard guy, first of all, make sure you meet his standards. I'd rather dedicate my life in following my own path with my own conviction than live upto somebody's standards. Maybe you should follow this up with 'Guys Don't Lower Your Standards'.

• This really says more about you than the guys you date, doesn't it? Do you walk under a flock of pigeons and get upset when you feel wet on your head?

If you are a catch yourself, then be smart and only date decent guys. If you are attractive, physically fit, have a decent job and a nice car... then don't date bums!

If a guy is 25, only has a high school diploma, and has a bright future of working $8 an hour retail for the rest of his life... then no, he's not a catch.

At the same time... if you are a fat, bitchy woman who talks about how she "don't need no man!" and works a $10 an hour job, and you're holding out for a handsome tall guy with a college degree and career plans... get used to being single!

• Interesting take.
    I'm working on improving myself since I want a woman of substance. All around me I see girls and not women. I won't lower my standards just for some pussy either.

• I've always been one for dating within your own league. Thing is, it's usually men dating DOWN with women always looking to date UP. I'm sorry you ended up paying for the guy but understand that lots of MEN feel uncomfortable in this way also. It's not fair for men OR women to be expected to downgrade, that's why everyone should stick to their league roughly speaking.

• Great take! I agree, no one lower your standards, instead raise your own appeal and status! 😁

• I like how you went anon after all the negative feedback.

• Like how all the negative feedback were from anonymous posters.
      Jeez, it's like some people take pride in being a bitch, sure doesn't attract me.
      "I'm Rich and Attractive, and I'm an abrasive mean cunt!"
      Okay sure, you're in a league of your own, so stay in your stupid fucking league, nobody is going to care.
      Only a matter of time before she becomes "single mother" just to brag and berate other women to elevate her social status, and she ends up being a terrible mom, simply using their kid (s) to brag to other women about how she manages all of that, when like... nobody cares.
      Can't wait to see this one's imaginary empire fall... What a narcissistic wanker.

• Interesting take - As you predicted when I read the responses it became enveloped in a quagmire of negative discussion quite frankly I gave up after a few because I felt it was getting nowhere. My view is that dating and relationships are all about the personalities of the people involved. You and I may have differing ideas about who our ideal partner would be but that doesn't stop us having our own standards about meeting this person. Society should support you and I in achieving our ideals.
    I have absolutely no problem with you, I find you very honest and upfront about what you want and they are qualities I appreciate even though I may not agree with some of what you say.
    In conclusion what can I say, I agree with one of the responders who says how you phrased your take may have lit the fuse. It is obvious you are as very intelligent, articulate young woman who from what I see has a lot of good qualities. I don't know maybe if you presented your case less forcibly and let it be known that you are willing to discuss your views constructively, it might get you further.
    I am not speaking from my high horse here, I am speaking from experience for years my debating tactic was throw in the stick of dynamite then go in guns blazing for the fightback from other people. Now in life I think of two opposing sides in an argument and how small each positional area is and there is an awful lot of middle ground going to waste that can be used constructively.

• Quick clarification - "Willing to discuss your views constructively", not a comment directed solely at you but all participants in any future debate on your views,

• Jewelry is pointless expense, and honestly if you earn as much as you claim you do, you may as well buy the expensive crap for yourself. If we want to judge people's worth based on their financial status, we may as well say you should pay everything for yourself: don't you have any self-respect borrowing from a male?

Anyways, this take is extra sexist and I will be out.

• Spoken like a true fuckboy. 'Jewelery is a pointless expense'. It's a symbol of you working hard to spoil her once in a while. Is that not ok? Or are women only supposed to destroy their bodies to have children for you, cook and clean after you for nothing? Oh wait, we are supposed to cater to your worthless asses because we are supposed to love you for just the hell or it. And why in God's name did a female support this stupid statement?

• @lacorine197 I am mostly just surprised that the take owner actually went anonymous on this. I guess she crumbled under the criticism, eh, Fish?

• yea some people just get worst these days

• everyone should have high standards. girls and guys

still those standards have to be reasonable

• Everyone needs to have high standards. Yes, it's tougher to find the right person, and you'll feel lonely some days (you fetch for some dicks when that happens, I fetch for some pussy xD). But in the end, when you find that person, the wait is worth it. Obviously you gotta have reasonable standards, can't ask for a guy to be multimillionaire and you're just a cashier, he's not even gonna see you xD

I agree with this take, with what you say about high standards, I have them too. I want a woman who's ambitious, one that has her shit together. I don't wanna be the one to pay all the bills and everything for her while she does nothing at home. I'm her boyfriend, not her dad/butler, if she's an adult, she can pay for her own shit and contribute. If then she's also a lady, and not an entitled woman, she'll get spoiled some times.

I don't like the fact that you just refer to men when it comes to being someone, cause like I said, a woman can't have high standards for men, and then be a walking trash. She needs to hold herself to some standards too.

• Maybe the Subway guy would have more money to spend on you if your employer weren't putting a gun to his head and stealing his money! Maybe he could afford a house if your employer weren't creating inflation (the most insidious and damaging act of theft of all).

Very few government employees are doing legitimate work. Go and prove your worth in the consensual sector of the economy!

• You totally missed my point

• I've been thinking about this post and it's actually rather clever, very true indeed.

• It's perfectly fine to have high standards... as long as she willing to accept the fact that there will be less choices to choose from.

The more qualifications needed, the less potentials there are that will meet them.

• Baby read my last text. I'd rather have no one than a nobody who will suck my resources better than a hoe sucking dick.

• The mantra for many desperately ingle women. There's having standards, then there's having high standards.

In my experience when a woman says she has high standards, it usually ends up being superficial bullshit that actually drives away great guys who have a lot of great qualities.

I know a 33 year old doctor who only ever wants to dates doctors for example. They have to be older than her, earn more than she does, be tall, can't have prior children and have to be either white or Asian, nothing else. Her standards are superficial at best, and downright ludicrous at worst.

There are nurses, technicians etc that would have dated her (not anymore). Perfectly good guys with careers etc, but she counted them ALL out for not being doctors. Silly superficial standards don't make you happy. And they create an unhealthy scarcity mentality that'll often ruin the relationship if you find the perfect one.

• Again... you missed my point.

• Anyone who uses the word "fuckboy" is immediately discredited.

• Its natural to have high standards. Everybody wants somebody who is attractive to them.

• Yeah, I've got standards. I avoid girls like the plague who post this type of meaningless, unoriginal, copy/paste, BS ;)

• Not triggered at all.

It sounds like you know better. It sounds like you went and got some alpha male dick, even though you knew it wasn't gonna make you happy, and then you're blaming the monolithic "man" for the particular individual being exactly what you wanted to have sex with.

I say to you go after what you want. That's what I do. Who's arguing with you?

• Well then 50% of women will end up alone then.

• The only problem I see here is that you should just fuck if you are lonely and want the D. You don't need to get them in a relationship, be a woman and just fuck! lol

• PS I love spoiling my woman, and frequently do so. She deserves it, and I love romance and sensuality anyway. I want guys to hate me and women to want me, and to be my girl.

• More from Guys
    112

What Girls Said 41

• Well, I'm not a man but I'm most assuredly offened by this take. I don't have much respect for people who think they can disrespect others because they've been wronged in their life. I've been hurt by many people in my life and I don't like people all that much but I would never be this rude and disrespectful to other people like that. You can be hurt, you can be angry and you can even be bitter if you choose but don't take it out on other people. That's not right.

So, let's go over this take of yours, shall we?

Let's start with that guy you dumped. First, there's nothing wrong with working at a supermarket. I had a thing for cashier at our grocery store and I even left him a note, though nothing came of it. If something would have, I wouldn't have cared about him working there because I wasn't after his job or money. The thing I wanted most was to get to know him, all that other stuff is meaningless to me. So, I don't think him working at the store is that big of a deal. And, if you didn't want to pay for everything then you shouldn't have. Maybe this guy wasn't your type but the way you treated him was wrong.

You think just because he what worked at a supermarket and borrowed money from you, that he doesn't deserve a proper break up? You think he only deserved a text message that wasn't even a break up? That is so beyond wrong, I don't even know what to say. From what I've read you've had people treat you badly in relationships and for that I'm sorry but why on earth would you treat someone as badly as people have treated you? That guy know matter what you think of him, deserved more then a cryptic text message that was more then a little unclear in it's actual intent and purpose. That's very wrong and I hope on some level you know that.

• Second, I'm not sure why people think what they have and how they look somehow defines what they deserve but that's not true. What a person does, what they make, what they have and what they look like doesn't define who they are or even make them a good catch or a good person. I mean, if we go based solely on status and what the outside showed to the world. Ted Bundy had his quote "shit together". He came from a good family, he was well educated, was attractive and was even going to have an internship in Washington DC. So, I suppose to some he'd be the perfect catch. Except for that one tiny minor detail of him being a serial killer and rapist. My point of mentioning Mr. Bundy is, just because we have it all together or it looks that way doesn't mean we don't have hidden skeletons in the closet.

• Third, being as that you think very highly of yourself and think you deserve the best of the best. I would think a person who works for the government would be more eloquently spoken and not have the mouth of truck driver. I would also think someone who wants the best guy there is would not speak so disrespectfully of men or treat them in such a disrepectful way. I would also think someone who works for the government would be more classy and mature, instead of being crude and act like she's teenage girl. But, what do I know.

• As for your points of why it's good to have high standards, I don't agree with any of that and even if you did have any good points they are lost on me because of your laguage, disrespect of people, thought process of what makes a person worthwhile or your idea of what a relationship is about in general and most importantly your immature pictures that involve phrases like "get a life loser" and statements made by you such as "your personality won't pay the bills, boo boo" and calling guys "trifling ass fuckboy".

So, based on all that. Why would I take advice from you on relationships? And, how could anybody ever take anyone like that seriously? Most importantly, why would they? What actual knownlegde have you bistowed upon us women that we should listen to you, for any reason?

• Yeah, people deserve those alike to them - if you work hard to get everything you want and deserve, why shouldn't you have a boyfriend who does the same thing - tries as hard.

Lowering standards is one of the reasons for divorce.

Being satisfied alone - much better than being miserable with another person.

• Yes! This was awesome! Some of these guys on GAG not only refuse to spoil their girls but also refuse the thought of pulling out the girls chair. A free gesture they even refuse to do. Just like you wrote one of my friends said "A lot of women are in relationships and all they're getting out of it is dick". Same can be said for guys in reverse.

• Alotta gurls are gettin' into relationship eventho they aren't attracted to him? Thats news ;P

• Chicks like you give women a bad name

• And exactly how do I give women a bad name? Because I don't let people walk all over me?

• Dear take owner, there's a difference between not letting people walk over you, and walking over people.

• Sorry, I accidently downvoted when I was heading over to the up vote.

• Yes its okay!

• Bad idea but at least you show here that average guys are just average.. no ambitions.

• OMG my motto for the New Year. Lets go ladies!!!

• So good!!! I think you have a very good point!! I, personally, also have high standards but not about money. I like a guy that looks after himself and dresses well. The guy doesn't have to have money but ambition and backbone go a long way in my books. I also like a guy that has his life together.. I have dated guys that just sit back and wait for life to happen and it frustrated the hell out of me.

• You're right there is nothinng wrong with having standards that are high. However, if you are just gonna throw a man to the curb because he doesn't make as much money as you, your "standards" need to be re-evaluated. Honestly, I want a man/ woman who respects me and others. Yes, he/she has to be ambitious, but he/she doesn't have to a millionare. It seems to me your head is so far up your ass you can't smell your own sh! t. You want a bunch of materialistic sh! t, and that's not what a relationship is about. I understand that men (and women) can be assholes. Believe me I experienced it too many times. However, the zeroes in there bank account doesn't measure the character of the person. Personality may not pay the bills, but it sure as hell will make you happy in the relationship. I understand that settling is bad, but as long as I get jewlery, shoes, and materialistic sh! t it's fine right?

• People are freaking paranoid of rejection from someone they approach. I can understand the concern of weirdos, but you're going to meet those types regardless, and they tend to prey on the shy, not the assertive. From my experience, although I hate the initial adrenaline rush, its ENORMOUSLY satisfying to walk away from a social encounter that I had the courage to initiate, even if it goes south. If we did that more, maybe we could meet that one guy/girl that lives up to our standards.

• If you always have such high standards then you'll never get a boyfriend. Sorry sweetie but money doesn't buy love. Spoil yourself and learn to be grateful that the guy who worked in a supermarket actually cared for you and probably wasn't some jerk that was trying to get in your pants. He may not be as rich as you but that doesn't mean he can't love you. Again, money can't buy love. Like someone said in the opinions, you buying them something makes you feel like a man but he should because you have a vagina. And you shouldn't because you're so rich despite that he could be broke. Tell me how that isn't sexist. I dare you.

• I somewhat agree with this take. I don't like role change either but sometimes you have to to make things fair. I also agree with @QuestionMan. If a guy has money to his name, is confident, lives by himself, has a nice house, car and good personality then he's going to want someone who's similar. I've noticed that some girls who want that are not on that level. I think most guys who have all that would want someone who is attractive, confident and probably has a good paying job as well (she would less likely be dating him for his money and would be independent). I'm not saying that people can't have high standards im just saying that you have to accept the consequences or what you get in return. I'm also just saying that girls who have dream guy goals should at least work on their life as well because I'm some situations dating can be like a job interview so it would only help you if you were to work on your 'resume'.

• Why would a man want to take care of a woman who screams endlessly at the top of her lungs that she is "independent" and able to take care of herself?
    Surely she can buy her own jewelery and cars if she's so satisfied in demeaning men who make less money than her and refuse to satisfy her arbitrary materialistic urges.

Men want to feel needed and cared for, there's no point in going for an egotistical "independent" woman who sees herself as a queen when there's tons of more feminine, loyal, and modest girls who are easier to please and more pleasant to be with out there.

• Ehh, my boyfriend works at McDonalds and earns more then me, I don't expect him to support me, I have my money he has his, I still like to buy him things even if he rarely does for me, why you may ask? Because I love him. Money doesn't measure love. We've been together for three years, throughout these years I've supported him, I even sent him $300 "just because" he's asked to borrow money from me and I lent him close to a thousand, and I didn't mind, he paid it all back, and even though he works at a fast food place he's saving his money, I don't really think bagging someone for their job is fair, if you put your mind to it you can save even on low wage. Maybe I'm just someone who has no "morals" in your eyes, in mine I just see myself as understanding and loving. I hope you find your ideal man, good luck :)

• You are too kind to people of those types. They are from a different world. You need someone with real substance instead.

• "I advised him to quit his job.." -Which would lead to him depending on you more. Makes total sense. Gives you something to bitch and complain about, right?

This mytake makes me hate women like you more. If you make so much money than why are you overly concerned about a man buying you a whole shit load of expensive materialistic garbage? That is pretty much all you referred to in this take. You want money. You want a man to spoil you. You are not this mans daughter so why does he have to be in any way entitled to spoiling you and lavishing you with things whenbyou are far from deserving shit off that mans shoe?

Note to the ladies with a brain in your head- Don't be like this woman under any circumstance! This is not having high standards!

And a little side note to you- get a fucking vibrator and save all men the trouble of coming into contact with your ignorance. It'll actually be beneficial for you in the long run. Vibrators are cheap. Wouldn't put a dent in your finances "like a man would".

• Excuse me. Had you had the brains to read, I only advised him to quit his job and be a cop because he was bitching about it the whole time. What business did I have with him? I was going to dump him anyway. My only grievance was that he was a gold digger and I unfortunately found out about this after I dated him. Why don't you date him and see how tolerant you would be. And about materialism, I only stated that it is good to think about a woman once in a while. So yoi don't want a man to spoil you? Ok then. Calm your tits lady.

• Hahahahha

• Given your laugher and lack of objections to my questions, it's established. My hand is a better girlfriend than you'll ever be and men are better off without you.

• Be content... I want a man who is content. I work to live and eat, and have a few money on the side to treat myself, money is not my life, and it doesn't determine anyone. ... certainly I'll never take care of a man, and the thought of a grown man working at subway makes me wonder why he at least isn't the manager yet. His job doesn't determine my love for him.
    As Alicia Keys would say
    "Some people want diamond rings, some just want everything"
    I don't care too much about material things, it's the principles behind a man's actions that let me know he cares.

• This can go for guys too. I will def be a lot more picky after my 1st relationship ended in heartbreak because I lowered my standards and let someone into my heart that didn't belong there. This guy was completely unambitious and very lazy. I was hoping that one day he would get inspiration and figure out what he wanted to do in life. He never made the slightest effort. I don't need a rich man, but I do want stability where my man will want to have a job that he enjoys and isn't a close to min wage job. The guy doesn't have to have his future completely planned out, but he needs to make an effort. Yeah I also worked a min wage job, but I kept researching about going back to school (I know all the requirements, programs etc) and right now I am moving to a more professional job. He gave me an illusion that he was determined. When i do talk about marriage to a guy I won't be swept off my feet I will question him and ask "how are we gonna make that happen?" Lowering your standards will end in a broken heart or a life, even having kids (which would be very sad).

• Well, you let yourself get used and claim you "have your shit together". People who have their shit together don't get used by men for money at the age of 27.

You're also throwing around the "be a man" bullshit but how can you expect a man to treat you right when you don't treat yourself right.

"Don't you have any respect borrowing money from a woman?" -Well don't you have enough respect as a grown woman to say "no" to something that you don't respect.

I just think if you're going to make a point to others, then you should at least practice it first.

• Sorry couldn't finish the whole take. As always you just go on and on and on about how great you are... so much better than everyone else. We get it, you're perfection. 😒

• More from Girls
    21