All Men Want Different Things

While women always get a bad reputation for being overly complicated, men aren't always as simple as we seem. While it is, of course, easier for women to get sex when they feel so inclined. I'd argue it's more difficult for them to find a suitable partner at least on their own terms. Men have the benefit of dating a gender that tends to want relationships and commitment. So then how does a woman navigate herself towards a suitable partner that wants one? Well, a start is dispelling some common myths that hopefully most girls already know, but perhaps a few have forgotten.

You can't anticipate what a guy wants by who he is

All Men Want Different Things

A really dark character can want a really corny girl. A good guy could want a girl who treats him like crap. "Matching" a guy's personality is never a safe bet for creating a connection and assuming he likes something becuase of "who he is" isn't going to get you very far. I don't know the science behind why we respond to certain things, but I know it isn't uniform.

We Don't Often Agree On Who's The Hottest Girl

Men have incredily broad physical tastes and it's usually not a hard one or the other between you and your friends in terms of who's prettier, more dateable etc. If you're seeing a trend, it's probably more due to a personality thing. Yes, blonde girls probably get approached more, yes, girls with big breasts and ass usually get looked at more, but honestly none of my friends could be able agree on who is the prettiest in a club in any given night and when it comes to finding your suitable someone it's important to realize just because you aren't one guy's ideal princess you are probably are in someone else's eyes.

A lot of us want fundamentally different types of girls

I like really bad, deviant, morally a bit lost girls. I relate to them better. However, a lot of guys like sweet do your laundry for you kind of girls. Also guys can change what they respond to very, very fast. As such, you also can't say well this type of girl always gets the guy because it is so diverse. Every flaw and every perfection you have is subjective to how the guy sees it.

pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 11

• makes sense

• Here is another vanilla essay on nothing. A lengthy explanation of why everybody wants something different heads nothing to our knowledge base.
    First of all one must realize that the social situation dictates the actual response. That is a bar with dancing alcohol on a Friday night is a lot different than meeting somebody a church picnic. So do not tell me that everybody wants different and sound like you are the master of all relationships. You must excuse the hostility as today an answer of mine was bounced because I was too harsh though telling the truth and another was called nonsense because the master editor did not understand my point.
    So what do people want Friday night at a bar. The girls want to same thing is the guys. They are not looking for a ring on their finger and if anybody thinks they are they are in the wrong place. This is led to confusion because the master editor does not define situation so everybody is writing tangentially with no background as to what the master editor is trying to convey.
    Next, no matter what anybody says especially on this website, never ever think that a guy picks up a girl even in church. The girl allows the guy to pick her up. This is assuming that the guy asks first which is the usual scenario. A guy comes up to me starts talking to me and I'm talking to him and he thinks he's manipulating me either to say yes to a date or yes to a sexual encounter. He believes he is in control. While I know he didn't come up to me because he wants me to play shortstop for the Boston Red Sox. He wants either a relationship or sex or I should say sex first then a relationship. So it is up to me to decide whether to continue this encounter further. If I'm looking for sex and he's looking to become my husband I manipulate him out of the room. So therefore, it is the girls perception of what this guy wants or how this guy is or how his personality is or how he acts etc. as to whether there will be further interaction (whether she allows herself to get picked up).
    Rather than take a couples therapy course or a one year course at Harvard on human relationships, try living in the sorority house for 3 years. You learn everything. You will learn the joy of a positive outcome in a relationship, the tears and feelings of rejection and the success when 3 girls go out looking for sex and all 3 find it. I just gave a few examples of what you learn but believe me you will learn hell of a lot more than that. And one thing you will learn is t

• learn is that every time a guy approaches a girl or is introduced to one he thinks of sex. What is attracted to is up to him and then you can reread the garbage as above from the master. What you learned in a sorority house is that although that one fact is true it is how you deal with that that is up to the individual girl. So no matter what anybody says, at any interaction, the girl is actually in control. That does not make us bad people and that does not mean we are playing games. It means we are deciding what to do with this walking penis.

• i don't think a lot of men myself included understand why who's technically in control is so important to women. perhaps, because for generations women had none to little control over what they wanted what was done with their bodies. i'm glad things have become a little more equal

• I personally think it's a good take.

If it's so obvious and known to people , why do we constantly get questions here, treating men as if they're some kind of hive mind?

• Wow makes sense.

• It's all bs

• the best take i ever read.. thank you for that

• Great take and like someone else mentioned, common sense.

• You're right. They are all different and they all want different things. That's what makes getting to know them so fun. Most of the time, they turn out to be even more impressive than I initially gave them credit for. Getting them to open up is my biggest challenge...

• I swear people on this site forget that everyone wants different things in the opposite sex from when it comes looks all the way to personality.
    I have seen it for myself, and also read many guys wrong as to what they want, cause you cannot always judge a book by its cover.

• That's true, but all women also want different things 😜

• This is nice but most of this seems like common sense to me. Sometimes people fall in love with the person they least expect

• And yet you disagreed with me when I said the same thing about women on another take of yours. Enlighten me as to why you're always right.

• I don't know what is your take but if its similiar to this one its easy to see why its wrong , women choose the best , put 10 women in a room with 10 guys and they would go to the best dude in all aspects , men on the other hand like pretty girls but can easily choose a girl you wouldn't even expect them to choose

• @Kingfrosty and when did I ever say that it's not true?

• @GoodDogNigel nope. cause guys have different body types like girls.
      some are naturally large, or skinny etc...
      some need to work a lot on their shoulders to make them look large but the width of their torso and waist are still narrow. You can be skinny without really working out.
      Plus you completely ignored the 2nd part of my comment.
      there is also personality and lifestyle. I might be interested on the more artsy/laid back style extremely open minded etc..
      another girl might like the guy the be well mannered, posh/like, calm and conservative etc...
      There is really different preferences man.
      It's a salad bowl.

What Guys Said 12

• But fundamentally guys do want the same thing.

For instance,

Any and Every guy would want ANY of those girls (pictured above) naked in his bed, holding a jar of beer in one hand and bag full of weed in the other.

• i think we'd disagree on who's hotter

• it does because if we're both at a party and a girl likes one of us more than the other than she's going to sleep with that guy not the other guy. Therefore, who's the hottest matters.

• They will like me moar :|

• I wonder why this is news to some

• lol yea exactly but i think we assume girls know stuff about us that maybe they assume wrongly about just like we do with them often

• agree 100%

• Agreed, but all of these types of girls on the pictures above are hot :P

• I usually don't read anything guys post, you this was really right on the money.
    by the way... the girl on the far left of both pics is the hotest lol...
    as with every single question by either sex on this board (or 99% anyway) the answer is "depends on the guy/girl".
    as I constantly post, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• for example I LOVE SKINNY GIRLS, not big girls <3 :)

• Good thoughts. This gives a lot of hope to different girls out there

• All men want sex objects...

• Exactly, great Take, I agree 100%

• rightly said... cheers

• "While it is, of course, easier for women to get sex when they feel so inclined. I'd argue it's more difficult for them to find a suitable partner at least on their own terms. Men have the benefit of dating a gender that tends to want relationships and commitment."

Yeah you understand. Basically four types of people in this situation:

1) Guys who want: Sex and then relationship/friendship

2) Guys who want: Sex

3) Girls who want: Relationship/friendship and then sex

4) Girls who want: Relationship/friendship

It's easier for guys to get female friends, but harder for them to get sex. It's easier for girls to get sex, but harder for them to get male friends.

People don't talk about the male advantage in this. It's good someone recognizes it. That's why any chick who bad mouths me and says "No you want get sex." Then I say "Well trick you won't get a friend."

Dude that first point is spot on. So many chicks think they can "read" guys. You can't read me. Girls have admitted they can't. Personalities can be tough to read sometimes. I'm typically shy and quiet, but can get pissed over the little things. Not only that but I'm also into multiple types of girls including ones who are outgoing and wild. So yeah us guys sometimes can't be "read", but girls try it anyway.

Spot on with number two as well. Man I've seen smoking hot big girls and smoking hot girls with gaps in their teeth. Some guys may not like that and think it makes them ugly. Both of them in that picture are hot though. Can get the D lol. I don't have a particular type. I just prefer straight up honest chicks who are willing to accept me for who I am. I mean as far as personality goes.

• there's another.. women who just want sex.

and I don't know what you're talking about., everyone talks about how its easier for guys to get relationships. when they talk about easier for women to get sex. well women talk about it. guys just complain about not getting sex.

anyhow for a lot of people sex and relationships are hard to come by. and it doesn't matter to them which sex gets ether easier. averages dont deal with human beings in real life experiences.

• @Azara Not saying there are women who just want sex or guys who just want a friendship. What I'm saying is those I listed are the most common. There are also people who don't want either.

I said "relationships/FRIENDSHIP". Don't forget the friendship part. That's important. Plenty of girls are willing to just talk with a guy and be friends with him. The moment he starts talking about sex is when many get paranoid. Meanwhile plenty of guys are willing to have sex with girls they are attracted to. The moment they try to friendzone them is when they get paranoid. That's how it commonly is. Sure there are some people of both genders who are different. I didn't say there weren't. I just said basically in the situation the Taker Owner has presented those are the common types.

• *aren't

• All men want pretty girls for sex, That's a hard fact!😄