5 myths about clubbing guys need to let go of

You have to know how to dance

Anyone knows anything at all about real dance knows that club dancing is not real dancing unless it's like a salsa club or otherwise specifically where dancing is the focus. Also, you can easiliy have fun never dancing as long as your yourself don't feel awkward about it, but it certainly is more fun once you learn to let yourself go. Still, no one expects you to dance. There's always cute girls sitting by the bar or just around looking like "what do I do now?" to chat up.

It should be all about getting hot girls

lol is that the same girl from this same pic?And is she giving Aaron Paul her number when she just grinded on Hasselhoff?

I never go in with this mentality. Your first goal should be to having fun and picking up girls is like the icing of a good night. If you go in and you don't really want to be there except to chase skirt you will have a very likely chance of looking creepy.

Girls just want to dance

Like I said there's a number that seem never to dance even though they go. Also, think about it, girls get super dressed up and look their best and drink a lot...they don't just do that to have a cute night with their girls...they are actually much more open to going home with a guy or at least making out on the dance floor than they are when they're walking their spaniel at the local neighborhood park the next day. Thinking girls don't want to be talked to like that and only go to the club so they can dance is small thinking. Girls who go only because they want to dance with their girlfriends are actually the minority at clubs.

If a Girl runs away from you mid conversation to dance with her friends because their favorite song came on it's because you were boring her

heh...when you don't mind getting cockblocked

I've lost count of all the times Drake has cockblocked me with his girl friendly hits. It's not your fault usually...it's like an itch...it's like something tickling them. They have to start screaming and join their friends even if you seem like an interesting guy so don't take it personally. Also, of course not all girls have this affliction but many who go to the club do.

Cheesy guys don’t get laid

I've seen so many cheesy guys at the club get girls around them. If you're fun at the club and the most fun, charismatic, confident guy there girls will grativate toward you no matter how cheesy you are. The caveat to this is that if you're so cheesy that you're annoying to other people than the bouncer could give you trouble. This happens more as a result of drinking so much you're disruptive of otehrs rather than just having hilariously bad club game.

pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• When I used to frequent such places dancing and chatting to a cute guy were my top 2 priorities. Never a one night stand, making out - with someone I really clicked with - sure... Hilariously enough - was only 2 guys in my 5 year 'clubbing' phase. xD

• 2 guys you had one night stands with or just have good chats with?

• That's just not true. I'm sure I could show you a picture of some male and you'd salivate at the mouth just like the rest of us

• I sincerely doubt it...
      I'm not saying there aren't incredibly beautiful people out there, but I can't really be attracted to someone I don't know. I've read it somewhere on here - demisexual? Not sure if that is something that exists, but this is how I am.

• vip is the only way to go
    hate it when the boys get rowdy

like that steel bat incident...

• Reading this on a Friday night just made me want to go out :(

• David hasslehoff is so cool

• I was at a dance club the other night. I only go to this particular one because my friends like it. It's full of creepy types who scare me and a different one of them harasses me everytime I go. I end up having to go to a bouncer and point him out. True story!

What Guys Said 13

• Good take man. Knowing how to dance puts you in top tier too. I met my girlfriend at a club a couple months ago, so it works! Great place to have fun, meet dates. I love clubbing, its so my game.

• Almost no girls go to the club just to dance... 😂

• you realize these are all myths and so i'm well aware that they're false and, again in the title, say the guys need to let go of believing in them

• Exactly I'm just adding to your points 😂

• You would think if a gilr doesn't want to talk to you it's not simply becasue she thinks you're boring, but that you're not phycically attracted to her.

• what a bunch of useless dreadful things socital people trouble their minds with.

• I don't see girls that hot at clubs...

Maybe only the ones that work there that are dancing...

• move to la

• you don't need to work out.

honestly, being really fun is the number one way guys get laid besides being famous. Remember you're hooking up not getting a girlfriend. Your personal qualities don't matter much as your ability to bring fun to the situation. Of course, it's easier the better looking you get so working out wouldn't hurt but it surely can't be your focus.

• I think it's an absolute necessity...

• I've only gone to salsa clubs. great way to meet hot chicks.

• It's club rat for a reason

• My brother is wise at ATO and sorry OP but none of this really apply lol Those rules are more like "it is gonna happen" thing because chicks they invite are usually 7-8/10 or above and really down to get down so it is suppose to happen that's why chicks go to clubs. Rules should be more like 1) Don't throw up even if you do, do it where noone see you 2) Don't not get drunk unless you a lightweight cos you'd end up backing it all out 3) Don't stalk just single chick or be a creeper 4) Don't do one step more than 69 times 5) Don't be bed hogger and yea your last rule 6) Don't be cheesy

• To each their own, everyone is free to like what they want. But I wouldn't be caught dead in a club. Rock 'n roll, or go home!

• Good take, but I'd never go to a club unless I'm there to get pussy. Otherwise there's no other reason for me to go there. I don't drink and I don't dance and I can listen to music at home. Usually clubs play shitty "hits" anyway.

• Great take... but honestly... why would guys go to a club in the first place? The only reason men go to clubs is to meet women and get laid.

If women were not at clubs, I wouldn't even go at all.

• true it's pretty loud but can be just fun getting drunk with your friends in a loud place?

• Why would I go to a club to have fun?

That's like smoking cigarettes to avoid getting lung cancer.

• Nice list. Whenever I've gone to the club in hopes to hook up or get a girl's phone number, I usually come home disappointed. But if I go out to have fun and don't make hooking up with a girl my main goal, I often have the most fun and girls tend to be naturally drawn to guys who are having the most fun.