Love: Perfection in Imperfection

As someone who is engaged, I would say that I have won the dating game. As a man who has found his woman, I have come to realize one thing about the person I love: she is imperfect. She makes mistakes. She is just an imperfect person. Then again, so am I.

That is what makes love so amazing. We both realize our own inadequacies, and we accept the other's because of our own. You see, love isn't a fairytale. It isn't this perfect story you will find on the Hallmark Channel.

Love is simply whatever works.

So when you are looking for someone to love, or are enjoying the person you love, remember this: we are all imperfect souls seeking moments of perfection. Accept that we all make mistakes, and don't expect absolute perfection. No matter who you are with, there are problems you will just have to settle with. Just like how the person you are with will have to settle with you.

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 1

• reading this, i can't even tell u how refreshed i am after all the bullshit and bitterness of guys on here about dating.
    you've done it. you've won, and you're experiencing what comes with winning. SO happy for you.

you've realised that there's no such thing as perfect. looking for that person is impossible. "love is simply whatever works". wow.

thank you for sharing this. thanks a lot.

What Guys Said 2

• I agree.

• as someone who has been married over 20 years i have to totally agree whit what you wrote.
    i just wanted to say congratulations on finding special someone and not letting go. and best of wishes to the both of you