How to Not Get Crushed by a Crush

1. FIND OUT IF HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND

This is really important if you don't want to get hurt. Try to find out right away so you don't get attached or anything.

2. HAVE MORE THAN ONE CRUSH

If you have multiple crushes at once, chances are you won't get too attached with one of them and if you do, you have more guys/girls to think about. Don't flirt with all of them at the same time, though. You won't be taken seriously by any of them if you do that.

3. DON'T LISTEN TO SAD MUSIC

It sounds like it has nothing to do but trust me, sad music can make you feel like crap sometimes. It makes you sad without having a reason to be sad about. If you're sad, you overthink. If you overthink, you start thinking about your love life. Love = crushes. Crushes = facebook stalking. Facebook stalking = you find out something you didn't even want to see in the first place.

4. HAVE HOBBIES

If you're distracted during the day, you won't be thinking and daydreaming about your crush that much and if your hobby is an exercise it's actually better because you'll get tired and you'll sleep faster and you won't have time to be thinking about them.

5. DON'T FALL FOR THEM BASED ON LOOKS

You could end up very very disappointed when you get to know them because you daydreamt about them nonstop and you may have created this fictional person who might not be who you thought they where.

6. HAVE HIGH STANDARDS BUT DON'T BE UNREALISTIC

You can wish for a McDreamy all you want but that doesn't mean you will not give anyone a chance until you find one. Go ahead and go on dates and don't turn people down just because they are not what you want them to be. Be real. Be yourself.

7. DISTRACT YOURSELF FROM THEM

You could end up in love with them if you always think about them so go out with friends and try not to bring your crush into the conversation that much.

8. FOCUS ON BECOMING FRIENDS INSTEAD OF DATING THE RIGHT AWAY

First get to know them. Maybe you won't even like them after that. Take it easy.

How to Not Get Crushed by a Crush

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• I agree with MissNowhere about point 2 when you fall fully for a crush he/she becomes your only desire. All the other points make sense to me.

• those are bubblegum cigarettes off the ice cream truck right?

• It's like at first for me, the person isn't somebody I would try to go out with. Then something flips one day for no apparent reason then i sit there and think damn, I really like her then the feelings rush in

• Don't have crushes. If you find someone attractive and you get along, see if they feel the same. If they do, move forward.

"Crush" is a special word for falling deeper and deeper for an imaginary view of someone in your head and the imaginary relationship you pretend you're going to have.

Live in reality.

• I agree with everything except point no.2 Too many crushes is unhealthy

What Girls Said 3

• #2 - Eh, that's not how it works. When it comes to actual legit crushes, you don't pick who you have them on. Your heart does it for you, it's not something you can control. You can't "choose" to crush on multiple people. If that ain't the case, then that ain't the case.

• Yeah, I must admit it sounds really stupid now that I reread it. I apologize. I didn't mean that literally, I meant that it's just not healthy to obsess with someone and don't give a crap about anything or anyone else. Like have fun, meet guys, go to parties. Don't just think about your crush nonstop because you'll get hurt

• How do you find #1 out without asking directly? If he never mention having a girlfriend, is it safe to assume he has none?

And #2 is not exactly our choice now, is it? Besides, if you're like me, who only has crushes once every 10 years, you're soooooooo fucked. Very very much fucked.

• #1 Facebook, mutual friends, if you see him getting cozy with a girl, etc. You don't necessarily have to ask him

#2 I didn't specify but celebs count as crushes too, you know? If you have a huge crush on a celeb, you're not going to think about that guy/girl 24/7.

• That's some very good advice, good job 👍