Why I Have A Racial Preference

I often wonder why some people who claim not to care about race like to point out all the time that they have a racial preference for one race or a certain race all the time. Some men and women get really agressive and defensive for no reason if faced with a person who is attracted to them who is outside of their racial preference. I could never understand the hostility, you are not entitled to date a person just because they fall within you racial preference category, it is called life get over it.

Why I have a racial preference

The way I see it, no one is forcing you to date that person, so there really is no need to be hostile towards them just because they are not the race you want to date, you have freedom of choice, its not ok to bash them and talk down on someone and say that the other race is superior just because you are mad that the race you want, has not shared mutual attraction with you. It is not ok to take out your frustrations on the race you do not want because you can not get what you want from dating.

And if someone does not want to date me because I am not the race they want, I am not going to waste my time trying to convince them to change their mind when there are plenty of attractive gentlemen (not to toot my own horn) that are willing to date me and respect.

Personally, I do not have a racial preference but at the same time I do not jump into relationships with anyone and I am even selective about who I date. I love myself and I have no problem with being single but I am open to a relationship with the right man not just any man.

In conclusion, no one is obligated to date you just because you decide that you have a racial preference, there is no world switch that flips on automatically just because you decide you want that race.

ikissedtheskyonce is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• I do tend to be more attracted to Latinas, white girls, and Southeast Asian women, yeah. Those are my main preference. I don't care for my own black women because of the false hair and attitudes. So my reasons for having racial preference go beyond just the physical outer beauty of those women.

• There are plenty of black women who wear their real hair and who have colored eyes and freckles don't be ignorant. White women wear hair extensions and I have Puerto Rican friends who wear weaves so you need to check your facts

• i understand just saying every race has bad apples. But it seems like black women get blame for a lot. You don't have to like black women but not every black women has an attitude problem and wears fake hair. And my hair is past my back so I like short hair but won't cut my own so I don't wear my hair until I want to. But what if someone said oh I don't like black guys because they might give me an std. It's just stupid to blame all for a few peoples mistakes.

• @rsstanford Black women bring the blame on themselves. They're attitudes and behavior make them unappealing, and while not all of them are like that, it's still a commonly acknowledged and accepted thing about our women - even hailed at times too.

I don't mind when a woman says she doesn't like black men, that doesn't bother me. Now if she was white and said she didn't date black guys because of stds then I would think THAT'S racist, yeah.

• I'm all about having an open mind in dating, and judging each person based on their character and belief system.

I find someone writing off an entire ethnicity of people on a whim as disturbing and closed minded, and I don't see anything wrong with expressing my feelings about that in a tactful way.

Who knows, maybe those people believe in that "my ethnicity is going extinct" thing.

• Only bitter black people seem to angry about this. Black men are bitter because they can't get white pussy, and black girls are bitter that they have to resort to dating white men--and even we aren't falling all over ourselves to date them.

• I only like caucasian girls be it white or tan doesn't matter, i would date all other races dont get me wrong but i would never marry them, its just my preference dont like it... well no one is forcing you too but dont judge me for liking what i like

• Lol, can't even get a picture of diversity right.

• I like to think I'd be open to dating any race

Black
    Brown
    Purple
    Yellow

Any color of the rainbow lol

• 'purple' XD

• @Dipsy Barney the purple dinosaur is purple lol purple doesn't exist I just meant that if I like you skin color doesn't matter

• Yes i know a purple skin colour doesn't exist xD
      Never watched barney though :P

• Look at OP trying to justify sleeping with black guys. I bet she's the kind of girl that calls girls racist when they say they don't like black guys.

• EVERYONE has racial preferences, but everyone isn't courageous to show it like you.

• I've never understood it. I'm a black guy but all I've found women of all races attractive (Beyonce, Eva Mendes, Ariana Grande, Olivia Wilde etc.)

• i never understood racial preference.
    How come i dont have one, but other people do and there's absolutely no real science or genetic facts that backs up the topic. I never understood this, but i think its due 100% to upbringing.

• The most popular preference for men is white women, Asian second (if you can't get a hot white woman, go for a hot Asian woman since they are easier and less-intimidating).

• I guess I would have one. Though it would be more of a cultural and vocal/conversational preference which some races I am not attracted to so much on a general scale. Also, I feel like I can relate more to certain races than others so although it's not so black or white, there would be a preference.

• Racial preference is heavily influenced by the media and influences our perception of social status/class. Look up video where they were showing different races in form of dolls. Most kids (including the black kids) perceived the black doll as ugly or bad. While the white doll was considered good or pretty.

• The idea is race has no bearing on loving someone and if it does then there's an issue.

In the same token if you can only fall for your own race, which is know as inward racial discrimination, then there is also something wrong there

• The same could be said about any rejection, whether or not a racial preference comes into play.

• This mytake is directed to people who claim to not care about race but bring it up every chance they get and get upset obviously

• Yes, I know and understand that. I am simply pointing out that what you said about rejection (not wasting time trying to convince the other person to give you a try, not taking frustrations out on those rejecting you etc.) can apply to any situation where rejection is concerned.

What Girls Said 5

• From what I've seen it seems that black women and indian men get upset about having a racial preference the most. They feel that it isn't "fair" and that other races should feel obligated to date them. There's a difference between racial preference and racism and they seem to confuse the two.

• I fundamentally disagree. I think having a racial preference is extremely shallow and dumb. There are a lot of qualities you could look for in a partner like integrity, kindness, intelligence and open-mindedness. Having a racial preference does more harm than good. I would never dismiss a person because of their race

• i don't really have a preference just not white guys. i don't like them what i've seen they're assholes and very conceited, i know that sounds mean and by no means i'm not trying to generalize.

• Damn looks like the white guys in your area are no bueno, not all of them are like that!

• While I think race is an arbitrary term, I do have a preference for Caucasians and light skin. They're just what I happen to be attracted to, I'm big on blue eyes and light hair, don't know why but I am. That's just physically what I find attractive, the lanky white guy. But that being said, all people regardless of race or skin colour are beautiful and unique which is fabulous and my social circle is diverse and encompasses people from all backgrounds who I love dearly I just don't fancy them romantically or sexually as I do Caucasians.

• if someone does not want to date me because I am not the race they want, I am not going to waste my time trying to convince them to change their mind... I AGREE!!

I have a type for and it tends to lean towards one race which is black guys, but I am not closed off to the possibility of being with someone else.

I like this take :)