Why Men Love Curvy Women

Why Men Love Curvy Women

As a girl who has spent the majority of my life looking five years younger than I actually am with the metabolism of a teenage boy, the only curve I've ever seen on my body is the occasional padded bra I've picked up for a night out. This isn't to say I dislike my figure (as women, we learn to love our bodies!), but I’ve noticed most men tend to prefer women with curves.

It's not only in the dating world that men are falling for curvier women, but tabloids and magazines are making a shift too! Last year Sports Illustrated included plus-size model (size 12), Robyn Lawley, in their swimsuit edition, and this year plus-size model (size 16), Ashley Graham is one of the featured models as well. As refreshing as it is seeing a change in model figures, what is it about these curvy women that people can't get enough of?

Obviously this isn’t a new theory, as guys always fell for the girls with boobs when we were teens, but I started to do a little research of my own to figure out why it is that men love curves. Here’s what I learned:

1.) They Have Bigger Boobs

Once again, it comes back to cup size. I’m not sure what it is with guys and boobs, but there’s a magical connection there I will never be able to understand. When a girl loses weight, her boobs are generally the first thing to go - so a girl with a little more meat on her bones typically has larger tatas.

2.) They Have A Bigger Butt

Just like boobs, curvy women tend to have a bigger tush. I guess it's true, men love "big butts, and they cannot lie"

3.) They Eat

Why would you want to sit with a girl at dinner who pushes salad around her plate the whole meal without taking a bite? A curvy girl is way more likely to indulge in a pizza and beer night with her man.

4.) Fewer Bruises

… A little more cushion for the pushin’

5.) They Appear More Feminine

A hollow, skinny face can sometimes appear gaunt-like or masculine. A rounder, softer face is often seen as more feminine to men.

6.) They Look Younger

Since fat can smooth out wrinkles on your skin, a woman with a little more weight on her figure will look younger!

7.) They Are Softer

Curvy girls have softer bodies, so of course they are better cuddle buddies.

8.) They Appear More Confident And Fun

A woman who isn’t constantly stepping on the scale, stressing about her diet, or what size she is wearing is typically more confident and easy-going.

9.) It’s Classic

Kate Moss and Twiggy were just a phase. Marilyn Monroe has always been the epitome of sexy.

10.) It’s A Sign of Fertility

Whether they realize it or not, men are subconsciously attracted to women with larger breasts and child-bearing hips for starting that next chapter of life.

Men - Do YOU love curvy women?

xPennyLanex is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 122

• Bigger boobs - "men prefer big boobs" is a myth. Some guys prefer big boobs, but probably not even 50% of all guys.
    Bigger butts - "men prefer big butts" is another myth.
    They eat - doesn't bother me if a woman eats smaller meals
    Fewer bruises - I don't need any cushion to go boom-boom!
    They appear more feminine - I disagree
    The appear to be younger - I disagree
    They are softer - My girlfriend weighs 105 lbs and she's a great snuggler!
    They are more confident and fun - that's not my experience
    It's classic - it's a classic, but not the only classic!
    It's a sign of fertility - I'm 61 years old. I don't want fertility.

• "Not even 50% of guys"

So 50 percent of guys are homosexual these days?

Eh in the end the only thing that really matters is if she isn't a bitch

• Thats almost exactly how i was going to respond!

• Marylin Monroe is a slim model compared to the obesity that women try to pass off as "curves" today.

• I always dated bbws. BBWs have better personalities and are much nicer human beings (to me anyway)

• That and the fact is I don't want to be concerned my SO isn't eating enough.
    When I was little the medication I took decreased my appetite so much that I became dangerously underweight.
    They nearly had me admitted to a hospital for force feeding

• So if she isn't overweight she's not eating enough

• Its what you're implying. The supermodel thing was irrelevant. Just bc you aren't overweight doesn't mean you're dangerously thin like a supermodel.

• @RachelBrigs Fine its not what I meant to imply

• 'Plus size' women are certainly the hottest women and all I ever go for. I'm not into skinny things, but looooove some girls with tits and meat on their bones. Google London Andrews and Ivy Doomkitty.

• damn, makes me want to get a curvy girl all of a sudden

• Yeaaah don't sign me up for fat girls tho. I like fit, flat stomach women best :)

• You about to get attacked by women lol
      How dare you prefer fit or in shape women with curves? (Sarcasm)

• @lacorine197 I typed the word sarcasm by what I said so yea you can lol

• Well, I ain't biased on size. Everybody's got potential. Its not like we weigh good boobs and ass over an awesome personality.

• Actually that's a common misconception not all curvy women have big boobs. Also I love love handles :)

• I like curvy as long as that is their natural weight, and they aren't just fat.

• You keep saying "natural weight" and I don't understand what that's supposed to mean.

• @RachelBrigs natural as in you eat well, exercise for health but you just naturally have a larger frame so more weight is expected in certain areas.

Being just fat means you're poor lifestyle is creating the excess weight

• @tripleace I don't think that's a good word for it

• But being curvy doesn't mean being fat, so all you have related to fat doesn't apply to why men (at least most of us) like curvy women.
    Most men prefer skinny curvy, than fat curvy.

• everytime i look at a fat woman naked like the one above all i can think is she would fart out all the gross stuff she eats and its over for me

• disagree with 1/2 + half these chicks r fat tf

• Yep. Honestly not sexually attracted to thin girls at all.

• I like big gals and I cannot lie...

• I am attracted to very thin girls and have and never will have any attraction to a girl half the size of those in the pics. Not saying this to hate but just my honest view on what's attractive to me.

• Nope. Not a chubby chaser.

The only reason people are liking chubby women, and women are alright with being as such, is because we failed at stopping obesity. When humans can't stop something, we learn to like it.

• Not true. Men that like chubby women don't 'learn' to like them because there are more of them than there used to be. They were just born like that and that's it.

• @Matt1994 Differing opinions. Good to know humanity is still diverse in thought.

• You could have just stopped at #2 and that would be enough for me.

• Man here, and not into curvy chicks. Not into "pizza and beer" nights either.

• I feel like this and everything comes down penis size lol it just sucks

• More from Guys
    102

What Girls Said 55

• I just came to see how big of a shitshow these comments were. After reading 5 of them, my assumptions were confirmed.

I appreciate this Take, but at the end of the day it still will always come down to preference.

• I wish you would have put a picture of Amber Rose. She is the poster child for curvy women lol her boobs and butt are real
    media4.popsugar-assets.com/.../...ram-Pictures.jpg

• Personally I disagree with some of the photos some of these women I would not consider curvy

• @Loon309 She is a model and she works out. Her stomach gets bigger depending on her weight gain. It's real

• Amber rose is the shit!!-

• I am so excited to that Sports Illustrated is breaking the "model shape" idea and including a size 16 in their new magazine. It's nice to see that girls without 6-packs are still considered beautiful!

• Nice take. Made me feel better about myself. :3

• It's fairly obvious what body type the writer of this take has lol

• So wait I'm skinny naturally so that somehow makes me less feminine, cuddly, fun, confident and unable to have a sexy butt or boobs. I completely forgot that I also only eat salad and never pig out and eat yummy food.

Why can't we celebrate women's bodies without trying to make one seem "better" than the other?

The only message I'm getting from this myTake is that there's nothing amazing about my body. I'm disadvantaged as men don't find my ass or boobs sexy apparently.

• Yeah imagine how it is for being a short guy or a guy with a smaller penis. Pretty sure those have it harder than you do.

• @RachelBrigs Well those aren't my struggles, but hey it's quite obvious you were offended so I'll break it down for you. I was just replying to her statement about how a certain body type of women were preferred shouldn't be a kind of deal-breaker since there are people who have it worse, and the example I choose for that was very relevant.

But clearly she was sarcastic right? So why even bother, bye!

• @889889 telling someone that another person in YOUR OPINION has it "harder" is basically saying that their problems don't counf

• How about not caring and be the way we like to be. If a guy comes along then thats just a bonus (or girl for all of you lesbians/straight guys.)
    If you like to eat and hit the gym like crazy then thats fine, if you are lazy and pizza is your best friend then thats fine as well.

Hey I`ve always been insecure about that I have puffier areolas then my nose. Then a guy came along and literally wrote an essay about how much he loved them. Literally!
    My point is we all have weird and unique bodies us stressing and asking if this and that is normal or better is just pointless, because in the end we will all have different results and opinions.

• I agree except with #3, 6, and 8.

3. I, as well as other fellow skinny chicks eat like crazy and I notice my curvy or other larger friends try to stop. They're often envious at how much we can eat and still not pack a pound.

6. Being thin gives us a more child like appearance. Having boobs at such a young age, and they get mistaken for women when they're probably only 12, 13, 14, etc.

8. Again, many larger women are insecure. Even curvy girls. It's like they don't feel they're good enough. I guess feelings of inadequacy plagues women of all sizes. The only women who aren't as insecure are older, like late 30s and up. They just don't give a fuck. It's refreshing.

Otherwise, I agree. Curvy women are beautiful.

• The only thing I disagree with is the bruising. I have sensitive skin and bruise, burn, cut, and bleed easy, and that has nothing to do with my curves.

• curvy not fat

• As an average woman who gets plenty of attention from men.
    Just accept that people have different preferences, while some others are not fussed because they aren't all that shallow.
    They think of more important things, than calorie counting, weight and body shape.
    Unless you happen to have a controlling fitness fanatic partner.

• Firstly curvy is a shape not a size, but lets go on the thought that you're talking about thick/dense curvy girls.

I thought this too until I did one of my own polls. In fact, both men and women preferred slim or slim toned girls. Much to my surprise only 3 out of 104 men and women preferred these types of girls.

Until I did the poll I thought that was gonna be the most hyped body type, but it's really not.

• *sigh* I felt fairly good about this take but alas the comments had to paint a different picture. I get the whole thing about the difference between over weight and curvy. I really wish our society could stop defining women (or people in general) as fat or not and start seeing healthy or unhealthy. There are people who are skinny and unhealthy fat and unhealthy just like there are people who are skinny and healthy and believe it or not bigger and healthy and in pretty good shape. Some people are on medications for mental illness that make them gain weight and no matter how healthy their lifestyle they pack on the pounds. Sure it isn't hugely common but it happens. I don't agree with hiding behind the label of curvy to excuse yourself of living a healthy lifestyle but I also don't think finding a shred of self confidence where you can is a crime either. Overall I wish people would justbe kinder to others especially since we don't know everyone's story.

• I think fit is the best. Someone at an ideal weight, some muscle covered in a small layer of fat to keep things soft and shapely, yet firm and round. There's not much else sexier than that post workout glow.
    Screw boobs. I pick a round butt, toned legs and a flat belly. :)

• I wish that all of the skinny chicks, big chicks and everything in between would just get along!!

• Roflmao... Nice try though.

• "I don't want to sit at dinner with someone that pushes salad around on their plate. Curvy girls would more likely eat pizza and drink beer with the guys." ? Yes "curvy" fat girls would be more likely to do that but since when was not taking care of yourself fucking attractive?

"Curvy girls have meat on their bones." whenever I hear this I tend to roll my eyes. If you got a piece of stack at a restaurant. And it came to you and it was 75% fat. You'd be like wtf. NOTE: muscle = MEAT. "Curvy" girls according to the picture dosent have meat. She has fat... You can be curvy and have meat, however most people that are curvy and say they have "meat" really have fat. They have fat.

• yea right. not sure if this is supposed to be motivational or something but where i live guys are all about the tall skinny like size 0 skinny girls with high cheekbones and of course nice boobs. ugh fml

• The idea of generalization as fact went out with the explanation that the Titanic sank because it it a big rock. Not everyone loves curves and it is mostly used as an excuse for being fact

• I have been curvy to fat most of my life, and I have knows some men that don’t care but I know some that would like me to be thin, including some of my family members. some men have complamented me but most of them complement me to get have sexual relations with me, so that is a lie some of the time.

• More from Girls
    35