Why Men Love Curvy Women

Why Men Love Curvy Women

As a girl who has spent the majority of my life looking five years younger than I actually am with the metabolism of a teenage boy, the only curve I've ever seen on my body is the occasional padded bra I've picked up for a night out. This isn't to say I dislike my figure (as women, we learn to love our bodies!), but I’ve noticed most men tend to prefer women with curves.

It's not only in the dating world that men are falling for curvier women, but tabloids and magazines are making a shift too! Last year Sports Illustrated included plus-size model (size 12), Robyn Lawley, in their swimsuit edition, and this year plus-size model (size 16), Ashley Graham is one of the featured models as well. As refreshing as it is seeing a change in model figures, what is it about these curvy women that people can't get enough of?

Obviously this isn’t a new theory, as guys always fell for the girls with boobs when we were teens, but I started to do a little research of my own to figure out why it is that men love curves. Here’s what I learned:

1.) They Have Bigger Boobs

Once again, it comes back to cup size. I’m not sure what it is with guys and boobs, but there’s a magical connection there I will never be able to understand. When a girl loses weight, her boobs are generally the first thing to go - so a girl with a little more meat on her bones typically has larger tatas.

2.) They Have A Bigger Butt

Just like boobs, curvy women tend to have a bigger tush. I guess it's true, men love "big butts, and they cannot lie"

3.) They Eat

Why would you want to sit with a girl at dinner who pushes salad around her plate the whole meal without taking a bite? A curvy girl is way more likely to indulge in a pizza and beer night with her man.

4.) Fewer Bruises

… A little more cushion for the pushin’

5.) They Appear More Feminine

A hollow, skinny face can sometimes appear gaunt-like or masculine. A rounder, softer face is often seen as more feminine to men.

6.) They Look Younger

Since fat can smooth out wrinkles on your skin, a woman with a little more weight on her figure will look younger!

7.) They Are Softer

Curvy girls have softer bodies, so of course they are better cuddle buddies.

8.) They Appear More Confident And Fun

A woman who isn’t constantly stepping on the scale, stressing about her diet, or what size she is wearing is typically more confident and easy-going.

9.) It’s Classic

Kate Moss and Twiggy were just a phase. Marilyn Monroe has always been the epitome of sexy.

10.) It’s A Sign of Fertility

Whether they realize it or not, men are subconsciously attracted to women with larger breasts and child-bearing hips for starting that next chapter of life.

Men - Do YOU love curvy women?

55122
xPennyLanex is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bigger boobs - "men prefer big boobs" is a myth. Some guys prefer big boobs, but probably not even 50% of all guys.
    Bigger butts - "men prefer big butts" is another myth.
    They eat - doesn't bother me if a woman eats smaller meals
    Fewer bruises - I don't need any cushion to go boom-boom!
    They appear more feminine - I disagree
    The appear to be younger - I disagree
    They are softer - My girlfriend weighs 105 lbs and she's a great snuggler!
    They are more confident and fun - that's not my experience
    It's classic - it's a classic, but not the only classic!
    It's a sign of fertility - I'm 61 years old. I don't want fertility.

• "Not even 50% of guys"

So 50 percent of guys are homosexual these days?

Eh in the end the only thing that really matters is if she isn't a bitch

• Thats almost exactly how i was going to respond!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think men love curvy women, but very few women are actually curvy. Most of the women in your photos are fat in a man's perspective.

I used to attend a church where this curvy black woman also attended. Sitting next to her was like sitting next to raw sexuality. She had huge boobs, gorgeous full butt, & a teeny tiny waist. She was a drop dead gorgeous. Of course all the men hovered around her like flies. She was very sweet, I'm not saying she was acting in any way inappropriately, but just the fact of her figure and her build made the guys jaws drop. That is a TRUE curvy woman.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 121

• Yeaaah don't sign me up for fat girls tho. I like fit, flat stomach women best :)

• You about to get attacked by women lol
      How dare you prefer fit or in shape women with curves? (Sarcasm)

• @lacorine197 I typed the word sarcasm by what I said so yea you can lol

• @ikissedtheskyonce dam u got me lmao

• Guys, always remember before writing a take
    lexxreloaded.files.wordpress.com/.../curvyfat.jpg
    I thìnk point #1 & 2 are all that matter. Maybe 7 & 10 too.

• Ya it's too bad, now I just assume people mean right (fat) when they say "curvy" when it shouldn't indicate that.

• I wouldn't call that fat though. I think that is obviously a very unflattering picture. She looks a little overweight but I wouldn't ever call that fat. Think the word fat gets thrown around too often.

• @LovesTVDx I knew that some people would take it offensively. If you look at me, you would call me normal, but I'm fat.
      At the end of the day, it just depends from person to person.

• Lmaooo Curvy and McDonald rolls have bigass difference doe, Curvy is like skinny with big boobs and ass. Not what these whales nowadays claim themselves to be lol

• hahaha noooo

• @nymous1234 Alabama, how does this matter? Lol

• lol it doesn't matter to the question or your comment lol i have just seen your comments before and been curious as to where you are from is all. cool

• But being curvy doesn't mean being fat, so all you have related to fat doesn't apply to why men (at least most of us) like curvy women.
    Most men prefer skinny curvy, than fat curvy.

• Marylin Monroe is a slim model compared to the obesity that women try to pass off as "curves" today.

• damn, makes me want to get a curvy girl all of a sudden

• If you want to empower curvy women that's fine but you don't have to do it by saying they're better than non curvy women.

• Another reason, and this might sound strange so bear with me, is I grew up predominently with my Mom, and my mom was very vain, she still is, and through this process she would always make snide little comments about how other women were "fat" or had fat thighs, which I never really understood then. As I grew older it became clear to me that not only was my mom vain, but she was also insecure, I suspect she still is, at any rate many of the women she would critcize as being fat, I looked at and I thought they were not only not fat but attractive to me, as I aged I thought more and more about all these women my mom thought of as fat, and it occurred to me that so what if she is "fat" she is still a person and isn't she just as deserving of love, affection, infatuation or any other other things that less fat women deserve? It seemed to me as if my mom was not only trying to use her criticism to validate herself and boost her own poor self esteem, but was also saying that because the other women were "fat" that they were somehow less worthy, or less human or really less of anything else that would be deserving of the attention my mother so craved. In the end, while I can see if a woman is a bigger girl, I also look at her face, and quite frankly I have seen many many bigger beautiful women, and I don't care if you are bigger, as it happens I'm not exactly super fit myself and as luck would have it I'm shorter than average, so if a bigger girl likes me and is interested in me, then I can and will accept her for the way she is. I have been with many bigger girls and have no regrets, and while not all of the relationships lasted, it was not because of weight. I hope this makes some sort of sense, and this isn't in any way to shame skinnier girls, were I single again and a skinnier girl displayed interest in me , I would see where that goes. I accept people for they way they are, rather than by some preconceived ideal, if that was the case I too might be judged that way too, and I am by no means perfect.

• I think it depends on the guy's idea of femininity. Somehow in my 30s, this kind of thick and curvy aesthetic has started to become more appealing.

But my idea of femininity revolved less around boobs and butt and more around the increased tilt of the pelvis and rib cage, the delicate wrists of a woman, long neck, slender arms, slender legs, things of this sort. I liked the beautiful gestural line formed by the very slender woman, rather dainty, graceful.

Part of the reason might be because I was into visual arts and took figure drawing. I found the most pleasing kind of forms to draw were slender women, like the ballet dancer.

And so I've mostly liked skinny women for the majority of my life, found them most pleasing in the bedroom, so delicate and graceful.

But something weird did change around my 30s. Lately I see these girls with thicker legs, bigger bum, and there's something sexually appealing there, especially with this whole twerking thing that's becoming popular.

Nevertheless, my kind of personal idea of femininity is still slender, graceful, like a swan.

• As I get older, I really find myself attracted to curvier women. So I think this is right on!

• I think you express the reasons quite nicely. One more reason is that curves, along with long, soft hair are what set women apart from men. Why would we want women with figures like teenage boys as represented in the fashion industry?

We cannot underestimate the importance of evolutionary biology. Breast fat and hip fat do not make a woman more fertile or more nourishing to her babies. But these do create that illusion.

A related question is why do men prefer beautiful faces. People tend to take this for granted without asking why. Part of the reason is that facial symmetry suggests healthy genes and healthy offspring.

We are more than our biology but our biology counts more than we prefer to believe. Viva la difference!

• Very nicely done. Really I can't argue with anything. I love a woman with more meat on her bones. I am a big guy. 6' 3" and 275 so I worry about a stick figure and hurting her, esp during sex. And the part about eating is SO freaking true. I cannot stand going on dates with women who want to eat like a rabbit. I never eat that way. I am not going to feel guilty about eating. and I am going to want to go out to eat. So she needs to be able to eat normal.
    While I love breasts... they are not a must. but certainly they attract my attention.
    I am not a butt person so don't care there...

• I am skinny but I eat. I love food!! My 5'2 self consumes aound 2,000 calories a day. I gradually brought myself up to that. I am not embarassed tp pig out. I am fit and I train hard. But i am tiny. I mean im not a straight up and down pencil stick but my curves are very small. Them squats, lunges, etc. Are simply scuplting my natural shape, not changing it like I want it to.

• This man most certainly does love a Curvy type girl.

• Curvy i fine if it's her body type, I mean, I understand curvy very differently from what a lot of people think curvy is (fat!). For example he girl from the first picture, featuring the myTake is downright fat, not curvy. Girls from points 2, 4 ,7 are curvy which are perfectly fine by me.

I don't expect all girls to have super slim/skinny figures (which I like btw), everyone is different so everyone has different body proportions. Some girls have more fat in certain areas so they look, well, curvy. Why they aren't fat? Probably because they like looking well, they probably exercise and watch their diets.

I got the impression that the girls you were describing weren't necessarily curvy, but fat just like the Adele picture you included. I don't think curvy is better tbh, I'm attracted to curvy just as I said, just as I'm attracted to slim girls. All I really ask physically for a woman is to like exercise, and to have a flat tummy that's all. The rest is pretty subjective and some bodies just look good, others don't and that is indifferent to their body type either they are curvy or skinny.

• Because it's something that comes from the paleolithic period.
    Bigger women would have higher rates of child fertility and survival.
    www.people.vcu.edu/.../...an%20of%20Willendorf.jpg

• venus of willendorf hein?
      where did you know that bussy? :P

• @archiz Imagine;
      3 guys talking about women, then a dude shows a piece of rock.. saying something like:
      - duuude, look at her
      - woaa, she's all hot, lucky bastard!
      - i'll do her
      (... or)
      - so, if i help you hunt, i can have your daughter? But how is she?
      - (show's the rock*) Boy, look by yourself, what do you think?
      - It's a deal !!!

• hahah! No I am not!

• "6.) They Look Younger Since fat can smooth out wrinkles on your skin, a woman with a little more weight on her figure will look younger!" #Agreed

"5.) They Appear More Feminine A hollow, skinny face can sometimes appear gaunt-like or masculine. A rounder, softer face is often seen as more feminine to men." #Agreed (just my op on the topic)

• Curvy women have always had my attention and my attraction. Nothing new to me. Wonderful take your research has made for us to check out

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...9580dcbc3c.jpg
    As long as they are curvy not fat

• Sorry I just dont find women that are fatties sexually attractive. If your a woman who is obese im sure your a lovely person (Adele) but no thanks.

• Adele does not look obese.. that's a horrible comparison. And her weight as fluctuated back and forth so that's not very fair, she's clearly struggling with it and it shouldn't define who she is. Some years she's skinnier, some she's heavier..

Obese people don't look like her, they look way worse.

Obviously it's perfectly fine for you not to be attractive to obese people (or even heavy or curvy or whatever - you're not forced to like anyone) but you shouldn't call people that when they aren't even obese. She's definitely overweight and heavy but she isn't obese.

media.healthday.com/.../obese_woman916.jpg pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpress.com/.../...ad.jpg

• @Mekkalyn agreed but her weight shifts between overweight and obese. We shouldn't try to tell our kids its alright to be overweight and obese is just plain wrong.

• You can be curvy without being chunky you know.

• Agree with all your points
    but left out a key one =
    during sex they feel amazing.
    They compare to driving a sports car vs the family SUV in our minds with those curves
    that fit & harmonize with our male bodies as if
    lounging into soft, firm leather easy chair/sofa
    and move like a water bed
    OOOHLALA

• More from Guys
    101

What Girls Said 54

• So wait I'm skinny naturally so that somehow makes me less feminine, cuddly, fun, confident and unable to have a sexy butt or boobs. I completely forgot that I also only eat salad and never pig out and eat yummy food.

Why can't we celebrate women's bodies without trying to make one seem "better" than the other?

The only message I'm getting from this myTake is that there's nothing amazing about my body. I'm disadvantaged as men don't find my ass or boobs sexy apparently.

• Yeah imagine how it is for being a short guy or a guy with a smaller penis. Pretty sure those have it harder than you do.

• @RachelBrigs Well those aren't my struggles, but hey it's quite obvious you were offended so I'll break it down for you. I was just replying to her statement about how a certain body type of women were preferred shouldn't be a kind of deal-breaker since there are people who have it worse, and the example I choose for that was very relevant.

But clearly she was sarcastic right? So why even bother, bye!

• @889889 telling someone that another person in YOUR OPINION has it "harder" is basically saying that their problems don't counf

• Nice take. Made me feel better about myself. :3

• Great that you're encouraging curvier women to embrace themselves. But I also feel like you lowkey insulted skinnier women. Plenty of skinnier women look feminine and beautiful, like kendall jenner, miranda kerr, adriana lima... etc. Just because someone is skinny does NOT mean that they do not eat. Many females just have the ability to eat a lot but not gain weight, or they might work out. Skinny women are confident too. Just because guys are going crazy over their A cups or petite asses doesn't necessarily mean they don't love their own bodies. And being "fun" has nothing to do with your size.
    Honestly girls, men love skinny and curvy women. It just depends on the guy, but trust me there are a plenty who love both. So don't worry about that shit. Every body type has the pros and cons. So stop comparing.

• No, actually I think it sounds more like she's veily insulting curvier women. Men are supposedly (according to what's written) more attracted to them despite their unhealthy lifestyle and round faces (of which Adele isn't an example either).

• I agree except with #3, 6, and 8.

3. I, as well as other fellow skinny chicks eat like crazy and I notice my curvy or other larger friends try to stop. They're often envious at how much we can eat and still not pack a pound.

6. Being thin gives us a more child like appearance. Having boobs at such a young age, and they get mistaken for women when they're probably only 12, 13, 14, etc.

8. Again, many larger women are insecure. Even curvy girls. It's like they don't feel they're good enough. I guess feelings of inadequacy plagues women of all sizes. The only women who aren't as insecure are older, like late 30s and up. They just don't give a fuck. It's refreshing.

Otherwise, I agree. Curvy women are beautiful.

• I mean, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but, Marilyn Monroe's measurements were 36-24-36. She had a textbook hourglass figure, but she was absolutely NOT "full-figured".
    I have no idea where that myth came from, nor why it retains such currency with so many people.

• It s just a phase now too lol.
    I mean every body type is atttractive and skinny svelte girls can look feminine tio. Too each their advantage.
    Note that marilyn monroe didn t have huge tatas... they used to stuff her clothes but she did have a nice ass though.
    And of course you can look healthy by having a fit figure more than a curvy figure. It s not about earing more than eating healthy.
    And in the long run curvy/fat people are more likely to get overweight.
    Gotta stay in shape girls :p

• Curvy doesn't mean fat, most guys still don't like fat girls. I wear a size 0-1 at 103 lbs and I'm very curvy because I've got big boobs and a good sized bum. That's curvy.

• Right and some women looked shock when they see that I have big boobs and am not fat. Lol curvy does not mean having a big belly and boobs and a big butt and having excess weight

• I am lower class and I was asked if I had plastic surgery. Lol with what money

• @ikissedtheskyonce Lol yes! I was thinking the same thing like, "even if I could afford plastic surgery, what makes you think I'd be at this school?" xD

• I am so excited to that Sports Illustrated is breaking the "model shape" idea and including a size 16 in their new magazine. It's nice to see that girls without 6-packs are still considered beautiful!

• I just came to see how big of a shitshow these comments were. After reading 5 of them, my assumptions were confirmed.

I appreciate this Take, but at the end of the day it still will always come down to preference.

• Why is that Fat is associate to a BODY SHAPE Curvy?

The problem with why there are so many body image issues is not just posting fat photos up like you did but associating it with the word Curvy. Its always seems to be that HOURGLASS fat or skinny is the norm and should be the only body form accepted.

• Why is there a woman talking about and from the perspective of a man? This post is retarded lmao. If a man is sizing you up on your body parts, why would you even want him anyways? 😂 Some of you girls and your dumb mentality I swear...

• Yeah, physical appearance doesn't compare to a good personality and great character.

• Oh the number of angry people lol. These women look amazing just like model thin women like VS models look amazing. I like how society is so ignorant. they still think having protein shakes and having a six pack means you are physically healthy.

• I wish you would have put a picture of Amber Rose. She is the poster child for curvy women lol her boobs and butt are real
    media4.popsugar-assets.com/.../...ram-Pictures.jpg

• Personally I disagree with some of the photos some of these women I would not consider curvy

• @Loon309 She is a model and she works out. Her stomach gets bigger depending on her weight gain. It's real

• Amber rose is the shit!!-

• That's nice but curvy isn't synonymous with fat. You can be thin and curvy and fat with no curves. Men in general are attracted to curves, and a women at a healthy weight. Not too thin and not overweight.

But, plenty of men prefer the kind of body you are describing and plenty of men prefer skinny girls. It is a matter of personal preference

• As someone who struggles to gain weight due to both genetic and health issues, I am always jealous of curvy women. I wish I looked like that :(

• I think this MyTake is brilliant because to this day women still have to be told bigger is beautiful. (as seen by a lot of guys dismissing 'fat' women)

You did play into stereotypes quite a bit, but I see your intent. And I appreciate what you are getting at.

• cdn-webimages.wimages.net/...6ded0350930702-wm.jpg

Some of those women just look fat. Although Marilyn Monroe was size US 4 and Kate Winslet is a US 2. Also Kate Upton is not curvy she has a wide waist and a flat bum.

Healthy > unhealthy.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZIZRSIcvm1k/hqdefault.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EwZPG.jpg

• I consider all 8 of those women to be curvy so there's that. There is slim curvy and thick curvy.

• How about not caring and be the way we like to be. If a guy comes along then thats just a bonus (or girl for all of you lesbians/straight guys.)
    If you like to eat and hit the gym like crazy then thats fine, if you are lazy and pizza is your best friend then thats fine as well.

Hey I`ve always been insecure about that I have puffier areolas then my nose. Then a guy came along and literally wrote an essay about how much he loved them. Literally!
    My point is we all have weird and unique bodies us stressing and asking if this and that is normal or better is just pointless, because in the end we will all have different results and opinions.

• As an average woman who gets plenty of attention from men.
    Just accept that people have different preferences, while some others are not fussed because they aren't all that shallow.
    They think of more important things, than calorie counting, weight and body shape.
    Unless you happen to have a controlling fitness fanatic partner.

• *sigh* I felt fairly good about this take but alas the comments had to paint a different picture. I get the whole thing about the difference between over weight and curvy. I really wish our society could stop defining women (or people in general) as fat or not and start seeing healthy or unhealthy. There are people who are skinny and unhealthy fat and unhealthy just like there are people who are skinny and healthy and believe it or not bigger and healthy and in pretty good shape. Some people are on medications for mental illness that make them gain weight and no matter how healthy their lifestyle they pack on the pounds. Sure it isn't hugely common but it happens. I don't agree with hiding behind the label of curvy to excuse yourself of living a healthy lifestyle but I also don't think finding a shred of self confidence where you can is a crime either. Overall I wish people would justbe kinder to others especially since we don't know everyone's story.

• More from Girls
    34