10 Reasons To Date An Older Woman

I'm a 25 year old guy and I've dated a number of older women, including those 50 and up. Interracial relationships were once taboo. Gay relationships were once taboo. Now, it's time for mixed-age relationships to become acceptable. To many guys, out there, I would advise to consider older women. And keep in mind, before any woman (older or not) is my partner, they are my friend first.

10 Reasons To Date An Older Woman

1. You can be yourself around her

A lot of young people care about conforming, fitting in and being cool. With older women, there's not as much pressure. Being yourself and who you are is even easier among people who don't care how trendy or fashionable you are.

2. She can be a mentor figure to you.

She is wise and has experienced a lot of things you haven't. Not only do you have a lover and a partner, but you also have someone who give you advice, from someone who has both a mature perspective and know remembers their life when they were at a similar point as you.

3. You both have unique strengths to offer each other.

A relationship with two extremely similar people would be boring. In a relationship with two people from completely different walks of life, completely different background, you each have something to provide each other. You don't just revel in what you have in common. You explore new territory.

4. She's direct and knows what she wants

She's been in relationships. She knows what she likes and what she doesn't like. She won't leave you because you couldn't provide something she didn't even know she wanted.

5. She has no time for games, drama and crap

There's no "OMG I'm so so totally interested" and then next week she ghosts on you and doesn't return your calls. If you ask an older woman out, she will either say "Yes", "No" or "Let's take it one step at a time".

6. She's more experienced in bed

This is self-explanatory but it's good to have a partner who has 20+ years of experience in giving beejay's and all sorts of other things.

7. She learned from past relationship mistakes

This is a big one. A lot of older women have some failed past relationships that made them better at relationships in the future. Especially women who have had a divorce know their personal failings.

8. She accepts who she is

Younger women are self-conscious, but as they get older, they learn to own who they are. Oh, they're 15 lbs overweight? Who cares. They're a bit of an oddball? Who cares. They're settled into their life and they don't have to please anyone.

9. Lower risk of babies

The older a woman gets, the less likely you are to need a condom. Also, it's not in an older woman's interest to have more babies anyway, so you don't have to worry about being a premature father.

10. Love is love

Maybe this should have been #1. The most important thing in a relationship is personality, fun and sexiness. Sexiness is not just looks (even though I've dated some pretty attractive cougars). Sexiness is an attitude, and you can have sexiness at all sorts of ages. I swear to God. Even if you're with someone 30 years older than you, if your personalities connect, then you won't even notice the age difference when she's wrapped in your arms.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 11

• Another good thing about dating older women. They will probably die when you do. Since men tend to die sooner than women.

• 30 year gap means you can smoke drink and snort coke daily hahaha jk

• @AnnVdB Well that's what statistics say

• the last piece of research i read for life expectancy on male vs female was 7 years, in favor of females.

• maybe i'm too childish in my actual age compared to anybody else, so I enjoy dating with younger guy too. surprisingly, it's more compatible for me ;)

• I love younger guys. They're more fun, easy going, spontaneous, and can party all night. As men and women get older, they become boring and set in their ways.
    I still haven't reached the emotional maturity of people my age so younger guys are perfect for me. I was recently having fun with 27 year old and let me just say, it was awesome.

• I mean, it doesn't take 20 years to learn how to blow a dick, yo.

Benefit of the doubt = #6 is a reference to greater sexual abandon in general, and you just chose a particularly bad way to word that part?
    lol

• Younger girls are generally more work lol

• I have no qualms on age gaps. As they say age is only a number. If you truly love and care about that person age shouldn't matter. But it sounds like you are dating older women for all of the wrong reasons. "less likely to have babies" do you think that all women have dried up by the time they reach 50? Lol 😂. I've heard of women in their 50's having babies. For all you know she could have been a party animal when she was younger, she might have mellowed down a bit and wants to settle down and have a family. You don't know who she's been with either. She doesn't know who you've been with. So condoms or any other kind of protection against STD's should be a must.

I think, your like most of us and have had no luck dating women closer to your own age group. Not all younger women will mess you around, or are indecisive. There are decent young women out there. You just haven't met them yet. Plenty of us know exactly what we want.
    Also, experience doesn't always down to age. . . Virgin or not, if you are knowledgeable on oral sex then it's not rocket science. If not then you don't always have to have experience behind you. You learn as you go along.
    If I was an older woman reading this post I would be mortified. . . And most of all be inclinded to avoid guys that want to go without protection in order to bang us because we're less likely to have babies.

• On average a 50 year old woman is less fertile than a 20-30 year old though. So the statement isn't wrong

• @DivaPrincess all im saying is he has a slight point even if it is a stupid reason to date an older person. Im not a fertility expert but its safe to say on average older women are less likely to get pregnant from unprotected sex than younger women. But yeah, I agree with the STD point fully.

• @Reflexy don't worry I get you. I wasn't implying that his point was completely wrong but we can all agree that it wasn't 100 per cent correct either.

• Hmm

whatever floats your goat

I am not really convinced only with the points you made

But good for you

• Ok so as a 43 year old I find some of these really off. First, I happen to be a virgin so a young guy will be sorely disappointed about the "experienced" part. Which by the way is the most awful thing to mention when seeking an older woman. Many of us will turn you down if you are looking for sex just because we are older and experienced.

Also, babies are definitely an issue with an older woman. Unless she is post menopausal you WILL get her pregnant. So please stop with that. You still need to use a condom to prevent STDs.

I surely hope you educate yourself further on this subject because as an older woman a quarter of your statements were not researched and as a result a MAJOR turn off.

Good day.

• @DivaPrincess Actually? A lot of older women will definitely be in it for the sex. "Cougar" culture is very real and frequent, and a lot of older women are wanting younger men, just for the sex. More than the guy wants her for the sex really.

• We've found it boys, THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN!!!

• @BangBadBxtches 43

• Sounds like someone can't relate to their age group ;)

• How isn't any of this possible with a woman the same age as you? You just need to know where to look, personally I think huge gaps in relationships are really gross. It's almost like pedophilia.

• I think it's amazing to see all the females hating this post and disagreeing, yet if somebody wrote one on how great older guys are you girls would be cheering that on and not saying any of this.

• I am not like that. I can disagree with people without holding a grudge...

• @JuicyBrain Okay great! Well in spite of our disagreements on this topic I have enjoyed talking with you. I'll see you around. :)

• #2 makes it sound like she's your mom rather than your partner. Otherwise, good take.

• I like having a friend, mentor, romantic partner and f--- buddy all in one. It's an amazing fusion of love.

What Guys Said 22

• Ummm... no.

Let's be real. The guys who date older women are those who struck out in dating, or maybe just aren't willing to put in any work, so they'll settle for someone drastically older than themselves, and far less attractive than the girls he probably wishes he was dating.

• I absolutely agree with you, and it's why I prefer older women myself. Some younger women try to say that for us guys it's really just about sex with older women, but I think they mostly say that to make themselves feel better about the fact that we just don't want them.

Older women are much more mature, which is the appeal. I think there tends to be a difference in why we guys like older women and why younger women like older men. For us it's a true longing for someone who is like us and mature. For younger women it's really just a novelty for them, the idea of having an older man, and because they're taught that it's socially acceptable and that they're mature enough for such a relationship, when younger women are usually no more mature than guys their own age or are even less mature. So they live in a false pretense that they're fit for such relationships with men. But for us guys I really do think it's because older women are more real, and that's what makes us feel good and comfortable.

• You really hate younger women don't you?

• @JuicyBrain "Just love how you chastise him for generalizing and then proceed to do it yourself in the very next sentence... Epic."

Right? Isn't it ironic? Doesn't it bother you when people generalize? lol That's why you shouldn't generalize.

• @JuicyBrain "It's sexism whether you accept it or not."
      How the eff is it sexist to prefer older women?
      Could you please add your definition of sexism to your explanation please?"

I never said it was sexist to like older women. The thought of him believing that younger men's feelings are genuine and younger women's feelings aren't does show sexism. If you're going to back up your ignorant friend here, make sure you read and think carefully before you respond.

• What the fuck? You dating my great grandmother?

• sure can give it a try :)

• I can agree. 26 year old man dating a 41 year old woman. Best sex I've ever had.

• Whatever works, man!!

• they are more mature and on the ground than the sassy, crazy and insecure younger ones. older women ftw.

• F*cking disgusting.

Lets be real for a second. You're ugly and used up old women are the only ones that will go for you. That and you probably need lots of therapy. God knows what happened to you.

• MILF and COUGAR stop there. I'm 56 year old and I don't want to date many women my age, but if your 20 and want to date a 50 year old fine. I'm sure you'll enjoy your self til your mom sees who ur dating. But once again to each his own. So if a 20 year old women date a 50 year old guy what's that?

• I'm not gonna lie, older women are far more... easier on the soul than younger women. My entire sexual success is built on older women.

• I'm 21, I've been seeing this 33 year old, and she looks great! Her personality matches mine with crude humor and in bed holy shit, I feel like i'm getting electrocuted when she makes me come. We are both the athletic type, and she's about a foot shorter than me, she runs her nails up and down my body, licks my stomach, chest and neck and it feels amazing. We do some really kinky stuff, I eat ass by the way. I'm this close to trying that thing kanye did with amber. This close []. Fuck it.

• 11. older women are horny XD (i mean this is a good way)

• All you need is 1 reason...
    they don't have the ridiculous hangups about sex that young women do.
    none of this stupid...'gotta wait til I'm married..." and all the rose colored glasses expectations of sex.

• These points are very good. Well done. I hope younger women were like that too :/

Personally I won't have that much age gap. 3-4 years to be the most.
    & I'm not into milf too.

• I'm currently dating someone who is 10 years older than me. She has an amazing young spirit with maturity and wisdom mixed in plus her TX southern personality just makes I t even more fun.

• Ben Franklin wrote a Take on this about 270 years ago: "In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones."

www.swarthmore.edu/.../51-fra.html

• I've dated older women and in my experience they're not much different to younger women, most of the stuff about them being more confident/less insecure and less likely to play games and being more direct knowing what she wants and being better in bed isn't true.

• Some of these are dumb, but as YOU get older you will understand why. I have always preferred older women and I would agree with your original statement that younger men and should try older women and older women should try younger men.

I currently am dating a 29yr old, a 34yr old, a 40, and a 43yr old and I can confirm that at least the titles to each number you've listed are right, the explanations may be off though.

The best part about an older woman is how well she knows herself, and how willing she is to be herself without reservations. Insecurity is the biggest turn off which will put me off even the hottest 25 year old.

The saddest part is that the women in their 50's wish they had the confidence they had in their 20's bodies... even though personally I love a woman's body in her 50's too...

• A few years older is fine but 25 YEARS? Wtf? She's old enough to be your mother.

• This is sooo true. Let me tell you, i am 27 and i dating a woman who is 28. Obviously the difference is not that much, but oh boy have i made one of the best decisions in my life. Everythign is so smooth with her and efortless i love it!

• More from Guys
    2