Make Tinder Simple!

Make Tinder Simple.

Tinder is an interesting phenomenon. I find it largely a waste of time unless you're in an area or profession that seriously doesn't lend itself to going out and meeting new people, but it can also be a fun outlet if not taken too seriously. Observe.

DON'T be her friend

Tinder is primarily a hook up app...meeting online is primarily a hook up method with a minor in helping two shy people meet. As such, although many claim to want friends and primarily be interested in that...it's often just a cover up for what they might truly want. It's also a reaction to all the guys who ask them for sex in the first message and are not very attractive. You should not try to have similar connections or anything else friends have...you are there to hook up and so is she...but not just with anyone. That's the mindset.

DON'T be her lover

Another temptation is to create a love connection. This is better but still not what i would use Tinder for. I'd consider other routes or other apps for such things. With Tinder, you need to let go of the idea that this person is going to be anything but in your bed although of course if you meet the one along this path you can alter course.

DON'T SUGARCOAT

Again, this is a hook up app. Your mindset needs to be that she wants to hook up but not just with anyone. It's pure animalistic display of "alphaness" and value. Even if you hate these terms realize that this is why it's a "dating game" app. You're trying to meet a girl of high value (let's be honest you're just looking to meet a girl) and she's looking to meet a guy of high value to have sex with. This leads to the next...

DON'T WRITE NOVELS

It's easy to forget that dating apps are essentially texting without them giving out their number. In fact, i prefer to keep texting on the dating app until a date has been set. It's different and it keeps it in the context of hooking up. You want to keep it concise and in being overly simply you will finally have found uniqueness. You have your one liner that's attention getting (don't go for looking at something about her...tinder gives very little details and it's too friend bonding like. ) Just say something you'd probably be embarrased to have your friends hear you say either because its so corny or so harsh that it grabs her attention. From there it's simple seeing what she puts up with then scaling back when you've gone too far. Which leads too...

DON'T FALL FOR TRYING TO GET TO KNOW HER

She will throw this at you constantly. Let's get to know each other first. I'm not that easy. You're going to have to work for it. No, you come from a mindset where girls are abundant and you're not into the games she plays but if she's ever interested in not playing them you'll be around (but probably won't since time is money.) More times than you think she will backpedal on her original stance when you're fearless to it. Oh, I just meant i wanted to get to know you more. I didn't mean it that way. I just thought it would be nice. Then she'll follow the lead and likely give you her number for a meet up.

DON'T THINK HOT GIRLS ARE NICE AND AVERAGE GIRLS ARE WHORES

It's more often the opposite, yet when a guy matches with a really hot girl his instinct is beta mode. My experience is that less attractive girls often supplement their resulting insecurity by "making a guy work for it" in other words making him as beta as possible then going with the alpha because that's what she's attracted to. Hot girls are actually more straightforward in the sense that if you treat them like you're just hooking up you are giving her the experience she expects from her beauty and wants because so many are intimidated. This isn't full proof. Nothing is...but the point is don't suddenly start asking how her day is just because she's got blonde hair.

As always, disclaimer, this in no way implies or suggests that you should not believe a woman when she says she isn't interested in you or in having sex with you. This only suggests things for you to initiate but if you are getting rejected then step back and move on. Don't ever push.

pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• I met my boyfriend on Tinder. His profile literally had 4 words in it that described his personality and did so beautifully. I remember being intrigued by it and instantly knew there was potential. He had a few pictures on there and they were all good quality photos of him highlighting his hobbies. They weren't selfies. They were social photos that didn't make him seem like a player or someone who thought a lot of himself. From the get go he made a effort when talking to me and typed long messages to me right after we matched. After probably not even 2 days we exchanged numbers and things just went from there.

All I can say though is that he never came across as desperate but he also never came across as not interested in either. He was that perfect balance and I think that is what also made him appeal to me and what I'd advise anyone's strategy to be on Tinder.

The idea that Tinder is ONLY a hook up app seems strange considering how majority of guys I met through it never tried to get into my pants and came off as shy guys who just never had the chance to meet many girls in real life. Tinder can be a great way for hook ups but also for relationships in my opinion. If it weren't for Tinder I wouldn't have have met my amazing man who makes me so happy :)

• And he was attractive

• @DizzyAster Salty? No, I've actually lived

• @The_Empty, google "the most right swiped guy on tinder", he is attractive but no male model. Looks alone can get you nowhere, if u think u can put a bunch of shittie selfies and get women, ur delusional until and unless you are like matt bomer, its going to be no more than 3-4 16 yr old girls pretending to be 18 and clearly, judging from your comments , you lack personality too, now her boyfriend here appears to have looks and yet worked on having a good personality too. You seem rather depressed about your looks so you would have to compensate with personality for sure to be out there in the dating world and yet you are here whining about complete BS

• Am I the only one who couldn't stop staring at the girl on the pic? Those boobs! 0.0

• Going to have to disagree with your take on Tinder. I met my now husband on Tinder actually. Out of the guys I chatted with before meeting my husband like 50-70% seemed to be looking for someone to date (all the guys were 25 or up so age may play a role). I got asked on plenty of real dates, as in lets meet for dinner or go play mini golf type of deals. I was using it in 2 different countries BUT that was the vibe coming off the guys from both places. Sure I met plenty of creeps but most seemed like normal single dudes.

So yes if you´re a guy have fun and don´t take it too seriously, but do not resort to falling into douchey bro territory you never know who you might meet or what will happen.

• yea i get what you're saying but the fact that i can be like

-wow
      -what?

-you look like you're slouching... we need to give you a head to toe massage
      -haha we really do!

-and spend extra time on your ass
      -haha really?

-#?
      -haha we just met!

-i don't play those games i know what i want. lmk if that changes.
      -wait, i was just saying it's a little fast to be doing that...

-coffee?
      -ok

-#?
      -xxx-xxx-xxxx

and then of course she comes over and no coffee is consumed.

is the majority of most successful tinder actions, to me, suggests it's indeed a hookup for horny people who don't want to do something sketch like craigslist or hooking up with a guy friend who's going to tell everyone and maybe try to wife the girl up

• Well all my friends are on tinder and all of them are looking for relationships. So if you're recommending guys look for hook ups only, you might be setting them up for a big let down
    Tinder isn't Grindr, women overwhelmingly don't do hook ups and if we do want to, let's face it, we can have it with anyone. So it's a very small subset of women that goes on tinder to find hook ups

• not always... there's the anonymous thing. also that logic can be applied to getting boyfriends as well for the most part. whether those are quality boyfriends well... do you really think tinder has more quality men in this respect?

• no no i'm saying if you're looking for a relationship you go to places like the gym... you go to to tinder for a hookup.

• ya but tinder is a good additional option for relationships.

• Not everyone is looking for just a hook up on Tinder. If you are clear in the beginning of what you want, you both will save time if not on the same page.

I met someone there who is quite serious and we are still seeing each other. So that's something for a "hook up" app.

• To be fair, he did leave room for exceptions and was stating that it is primarily a hook up site (which it is). And he also said that you can very well find your "the one" and change your course.

• @Mekkalyn thank you! Yes, i did

• That chick looks like a tranny in the face.

• Wow. People are using social media now to hook up. :)

• "Just say something you'd probably be embarrased to have your friends hear you say either because its so corny or so harsh that it grabs her attention."

^^ MUST GIVE EXAMPLES PLS thanks

Like, srsly, I gotta know.

I mean, I'm 1000 years old. I'm so old that, until a year or two ago, I thought "online dating" meant literally dating online, like playing Second Life or some shit. Yep. But, at least I gotta experience this shit vicariously.

I am a girl. Pls grab my attention tyvm. (:

What Guys Said 13

• This reminded me that I had an actual Tinder account that I had abandoned for some time. Logged on, typed in a new description so that it wouldn't be as bland as it used to. Added a new picture.
    Then decided to try my luck, just for the fun of it. Aaaaand the first swipe is a success.

Now what do I do?

• I installed Tinder a few days ago (on Monday or the day after) and I've yet to find one woman that just wants casual sex - they are all after relationships, sadly.

But heck, the search goes on until I finally find one that wants the same as me, just a friends with benefits - surely there's one in the app in my country

• True for all hook up apps.

"DON'T FALL FOR TRYING TO GET TO KNOW HER"
    Pro-tip: let her talk about blah blah, you keep silent and close the distance between you and her.

"DON'T THINK HOT GIRLS ARE NICE AND AVERAGE GIRLS ARE WHORES"
    Pro-tip: All girls are "whores"... on HOOK UP APPS!!

• Ok, I'm gonna say this again: I love this kind of Take because of all the bitter, butthurt guys that come here to complain how life is unfair with those who are not hot.

Oh boy, they never disappoint me XD Thanks for the fun

• lol you feel good about yourself now bud? you think you look cool now?

• 1) Be tall jacked athletic
    2) Add in highlights and random stuff aboit you on your bio, "play varsity, drive Chevy"
    3) only swipe 8/10s right because they gonna be 7-8s irl cos that's why they on tinder to get ego boost. Lol
    4) there u go

• Tinder was created to inflate women's egos. It is a waste of time for 99% of guys

• false. I've gotten laid plenty of times from it

• Then you are in the 1% , lucky you

• Tinder is a complete was of time for anyone other than white models

• Dude 1, 4 also applies in real life as well. Time and again girls will throw that line out of I only looking for friends for 1 guy then another guy they are letting him go balls deep inside of her after 5 minutes of meting him.

So yeah. Guys don't buy into women's BS. They are very deceptive.

• Tinder is actually very simple...
    Simple bullshit.

• Tinder matches: Nearly 80.
    Girls I've actually met from Tinder: 0.

Don't try looking for a relationship on Tinder, folks.

• Not everyone uses hinder to hook up though.

What I hate is the attention whores on there. No, not all are. But this one girl I would talk to would say how she's sick of being "bro-zoned", ask me to meet up and then flake, ignore me and then talk to me again, and after i quit talking to her, she's like I feel like we're growing apart, using me for attention. It's like bitch we were never together in the first place.

• How about something to help a girl swipe right on you? =/

• LOL.

www.quickmeme.com/.../...b1952d95037fcb0c754fc.jpg

Other people may not get it, but I get it. Just know I know.

That chick is smoking hot.

I think people can develop deep feeling for each other after meeting and getting to know each other on apps and sites like that. It's just on something like Tinder people shouldn't have that kind of mindset.

I've seen people say on these dating apps and sites or whatever that they aren't looking for hook ups or they aren't looking for sex or don't send them sexual messages because they won't answer. All that's bullshit. If you the right kind of attractive to them that's exactly what they want. Sex.

Which is really what all this stuff boils down too. The points really lead to all that.

Your last point is true. I wouldn't say that hot girls typically are sluts and average girls are typically less "easy". However, I will say that one shouldn't assume that just because a girl is average looking to you that she's easy. There are a lot of females who get on dating sites and apps for the sole purpose of an ego boost. Meaning they really don't want anything (unless the guy is really hot to them).

This is why your 2nd to last point is very true. Besides just online. In real life too. Females will say they are different and don't play games... many who say that are liars. They do play games. I've made it a mission to not fall for that shit anymore. "Let's get to know each other first." Oh no bish. That waiting game is something no guy should do. Now if you legit want to be friends with her then fine, but if you really do just want sex then you might as well give her the ultimatum up front. If she rejects you fine, but at least your time isn't wasted with bullshit.