Women DO pay for dates!

For dates, women pay more time, money, & energy on makeup, hair (it's a lot more time-consuming and difficult to care for long than short hair, guys!), shaving, nailpolish, clothes, etc to look visually pleasing for men, because men are """"visual creatures"""".

Sure, men must also look presentable, but it’s much more expensive to look presentable as a woman than a man. Also, study after study shows that men care much more about looks in potential dating partners than women do.

Since men are """visual""" creatures, women pay for dates - through time, money, and energy - to appeal to men's visual senses; thus it's only fair that men pay for dates to appeal to women's other senses (taste, desire for entertainment, etc).

When men and women's time, energy, money spent on looks is the same, then we can expect women to spend the same amount of money for entertainment, food, etc. Otherwise it's unfair because there's an imbalance.

Women DO pay for dates!

* Of course men might say "we don't ASK for you to wear makeup, you look better without it," but when men think of "women without makeup", they're usually thinking of the women who are wearing makeup that doesn't look like it's makeup (if that makes sense). Otherwise they're usually thinking of women who lookbeautiful even without makeup. What men expect of the natural physical beauty of the "average" woman is much more conventionally beautiful than the actual average woman, because the media will display naturally gorgeous women as "average" women.

mistixs is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• But most men don't expect you to look all gorgeous for a date, unlike most women expect men to pay.
    Like I said on another Take, a man spends more than a woman when it comes to what to wear. Nice shoes are over $100. Same with a blazer, or a jacket. A shirt is usually over $50. Pants are usually around $70. In total a man could spend $300-$400 on an outfit that includes shoes, pants, belt, shirt, and jacket/blazer, if we add a watch you can add $100 more.
    A woman doesn't even need to spend half of that in clothing to look great, and the reason is that women have an incredible amount of clothes to choose from, while men have fewer, so either we buy that expensive thing, or we don't look that good.
    The only thing women spend more than men when getting ready is makeup, cause we don't use.

Women don't understand how expensive is to buy men's clothes.

Now talking about the actual date and who pays, there's no reason to why a man has to pay for the meal a woman ate. If he wants to, that's perfectly fine, but HAVING to, like many women demand, no.

• Sure but you can rewear the same clothes multiple times without being ridiculed for it.
      There was one experiment a man did on a news channel. A woman got made fun of for wearing the same clothes twice in a week. So he did an experiment and wore the same outfit for literally a year. And no one said anythjng.

• Lol what a funny joke. Here's a secret about guys: we don't expect you to look like a model all the time. If you look so good that it takes my breath away believe me when I say that I'm not going to complain. But I can and have gone out with a girl wearing jeans and a t-shirt with their hair in a pony tail. It didn't bother me one bit. If I liked you enough to go out with you I will think you're pretty regardless of makeup. Nobody is forcing you to put in a ridiculous amount of effort. It's brownie points, not the standard. And it's not as though men don't prepare for a date. When I'm preparing for a date I pluck stray eyebrow hairs, trim nose hairs, shave, wash my face with an exfoliating scrub, shower, apply lotion to dry skin, brush my teeth (often more than once), whiten my teeth, pick out a sharp outfit, spray myself with a small amount of cologne and more. I don't expect my meals to be paid for because I put in some effort.

• by the way does anyone even care about nail polish? Seriously question. I almost never even notice it.

• Lol
    Paying for something you do damn near on a daily basis is paying for a date now

• Women tend to dress up a lot more for dates than for daily activities

• Still doesn't change the fact that you're not spending a lot of money specifically for that date

The guy is paying for that dinner and/or whatever else you're doing. All you're doing is looking pretty, which won't cost you immediately

You're not buying all new makeup and rarely ever an all new dress for that date, but the meal and the activity is over at the end of that date

Guys also have to get ready for that date. You can say "men care more about looks," which may be true, but women care about projection of wealth and resources, which will cost you

Most women don't spend a penny to get their hair done at a salon, to shave or do their nails

Spending "energy" does not count as paying, as both sides use energy preparing for the date

Women are just trying to justify having the man pay for everything

• Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... delusions, got to love them.

• Women don't pay for crap. They expect to be wined and dined then call you cheap for refusing to do so. Masturbation doesn't seem so bad now.

• Women care more about money, men care much more about looks. Which, by the way, costs money and time to achieve.

• Actually, my mother pays for everything.

• What a bunch of crap.

• Tell you what. You pay for the date and I'll spend my money on my clothes and my haircut.

• And also grow your hair out very long and have to style it (which is fucking hard and time consuming btw), and wear makeup to acquire a physical ideal, shave your entire body/get waxed (which is essentially mandatory for women, but shaving beards is optional for men), etc..

• Taking care of your personal appearance is not the same as paying for a date. lmfao The fact is it was women that started the movement about getting rid of gender roles in the relationship, and that is why men are getting sick of being told to follow ours. Stop hiding behind gender roles whenever it is convenient for you, then fighting against them whenever it isn't convenient for you.

If you want guys to pay for the date, then embrace the gender roles that allow men to make more money so it is easier for them to attract women. Otherwise it there is an imbalance as any woman can afford makeup, but not every guy can afford to pay for dates all the freaking time. Pick one side or the other. You are for gender roles, or you aren't. This mix and match nonsense is not acceptable.

• Actually not all women can afford makeup.
      And it's a waste of money to buy makeup. If a woman can pay money and time to fit the appearance ideal, rather than using it to buy food, then it's only fair men pay for the food.

Anyway, the reason I'm "hiding behind" this particular role, men paying, is because the corresponding female role is still prevalent, and I don't think it'll ever go away. Men care much more about looks than women do. Of course I could TRY to care about looks as much as men do.. but really there's no fighting human nature in this respect. If I can't change the fact that women care less about looks than men do, then why change the fact that women care more about wealth?

• That is not the corresponding female role. lmfao Women do that stuff to get more attractive guys than she would otherwise have access to. A woman that is a 5 without makeup, can become an 8 with makeup. That allows her to look for guys that are an 8 instead of having to settle for a 5. She could easily not wear makeup and just date within her own level of attractiveness. Men are the only ones being assigned jobs by gender when it comes to dating.

• Likewise men only pay more so that they can acquire women they wouldn't have been able to get without paying

• men pay way more. We also have to dress up, wear designer gear, manscape etc. yes women pay much more to look beautiful but this is where it gets MUCH more expensive for men:

We have to have money to begin with to attract a girl. We have to initiate (going out to find women is a costly affair). For a man to look good we have to gym harder: abs and v lines comes at a major price of eating correctly and taking supplements (above gym subscriptions) etc. So men are already paying through their arse just to be that who a woman will look at. Then only does the date start.

I am finding the one key to many players is getting out there all the time. And getting "out there" costs a shitload of money.

• Yeah but women care much less about looks in potential relationships than men do. So most men can get dates without being the ideal.

• Exactly. Looks are only one piece that men have to spend money on. So not only do men have to spend on beauty (because we also have to if we want to be successful with women), but we have to be that personality which attracts women: fun (costs money), outgoing (costs a shitload of money), independent (make money) etc. women fuck power. Power is money. The more powerful the man, the better he is at getting the women he wants.

• My dad pays the bill. Or mom and dad spilt or I pay. Spilt is best I think

• If a girl cannot keep up with my pay-to-date policy then she'd better accept the fact that I'm not gonna take her to nice places. I'll still date her, but not take her to places ONLY she wants to go. She's gonna have to pull some weight, too, and not put all of that weight on a nice fabric and eyeliner. When I pay, I decide where things are going.

What Girls Said 6

• This is true as f.

I asked a question awhile ago explaining that my dad is actually a MALE gold digger and he always expects my mother to pay for everything all while she pays all of the bills, and cares for me. She never has any money for herself because she spends it all on these essential things.

Whenever we go out, he doesn't even offer to split. She just complies with this and pays, not even fighting back. It's sad really. You never really hear about these things being reversed.

Both genders should at least offer to pay the bill, or at least go back and forth each time. Couples are supposed to be a team, and help each other out...

• Make up, dress and high heels I wear it because I want him to find me pretty and I expect him to pay. I'm the girl I must be pretty and attractive and he must be the provider. The man must pay on date and give me flower. Gender roles are the best, I don't like all the modern value

• This is true sometimes. The avg guy doesn't care how his girl looks unless it's a special occasion. I've gone out in jeans and a t-shirt and guys could care less. I've been hit on in those too.

• You don't have to do any of that.

• haha this is true :)

• When I am on a date, I don't expect the guy to pay but I definitely expect him to offer. I also expect him to hold the door and pull out my chair.