ATTENTION GAGGERS: Stop Asking This Question!

There's a question I see all the time on this site. "This girl/guy I know did such and such; does she/he like me?" This question won't get you anywhere. I don't know the person your asking about, and as such, cannot tell you whether they like you. Everyone is unique. Different people do things for different reasons. One girl might slap a guy on the arm to flirt, and another might do it because she genuinely hates you. One guy might hold the door open for you because he thinks you're cute, and another might do it because he's just a gentleman. You can't just give me one example of somone's behavior and expect me to be able to tell you if they like you; it just doesn't work like that. Everyone has their own personality and motivations. Reasons for the things they do. Pay attention to people, take a risk, and know that the only way to figure out if someone likes you, is to talk to them.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, my advice is normally just,

"not sure if they like you? ask them out and find out for sure."

part of the problem is actually parents, especially mothers. my mother was always telling me how so-and-so must like me because she happened to be looking in my way or smiled politely when I was talking to her. women always think they pick up on the flirtation signals really excellently because society tells them this. So it's in their nature to try and pass on this faulty knowledge to their offspring (especially male offspring) when realistically they don't know any better and this advice just causes men to overanalyse things and interpret body language incorrectly.

the best way to decipher genuine flirtation signals is through the process of rejection. when girls reject you, the cognitive dissonance associated with the rejection conditions you to sharpen your intuitive skills through a process of trial and error until you get it right.

• That'd be half of the website's traffic gone dough.

• there's like 10 questions besides that 1 i wanna punch people through the screen for.

• That is probably the original question that inspired the creation of this site.

It's THE question, in regards to relationships.

• Oh my freaking goodness!!!

http://i.imgur.com/OfYGY.gif

What Girls Said 5

• He's an amazing guy, he flirts all the time with me, he has a girlfriend but he keeps making playful jokes and I'm not sure if he's interested :/ does he like me?

LOOOL

• LMAO!!! I HATE those questions. I really hate the vague ones because then once you dive into it it's a totally different story. And then even though they give you the full story you still don't know the other person's motives lol. Total waste of time.

• @Joc4Position Oh he knows I have a crazy mind, he does too! but he has a girlfriend so he's a player, no good for me XD

• I must admit, that was the very first question I posted here when I was a new member. But that was over 7 years ago when the site had only been around for a few months, lol. So there wasn't such a huge number of repeated questions.

• Is this a question 👀

• "He looked at me- does he like me?"

Thank you!!! 👏