7 Types of Guys Women Should Avoid Dating

4 Types of Guys Women Should Avoid Dating

1.The man with a fragile ego

Someone who gets annoyed a lot over very small, trivial things. This is the sign of a control freak. The need for control arises from an inflated sense of importance, entitlement, and susceptibility. The bigger an ego is the more control it needs over everything. The more control it needs, the more annoyed it gets over little things that aren't "perfect".

2.The lack-of-ambition guy.

Be very wary of men who talk up a big game of what they plan on doing with their lives. Some men with no ambition whatsoever like to talk up a good game, but at the end of the day, they are just saying what they know women want to hear. There is nothing wrong with a guy who wants to grow into a better person, just make sure that he’s genuine.

3.The always-looking-for-a-deal guy.

Be wary of men who constantly look for deals and comment on prices early on in the dating process. While everyone likes a good deal, real men will not make this known when courting a woman. These are signs that he will likely be very cheap throughout the duration of the relationship.

4. The underachiever

You know the type. Video games, couch, raiding the refrigerator, repeat.

5. The cynical, depressed and always pessimistic guy

A Pessimist is a Person who will Generally, most of the time, see the Negative, Bad, Flaw-filled or Imperfect about Virtually Anything, no matter how Neutral or Positive it could be, however, a Pessimist is not always Pessimistic.

6. The man who takes himself way too seriously

He is not open to advice, differing perspectives, or opposing opinions. The Mr. Know it all who is extremely condescending.

7.The man with an inflated sense of himself

He is a self-absorbed person or an elitist pig, usually found inflating his ego to the point of nausea.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 53

• Nobody with any kind of grasp on reality will take you or your list seriously.
    Self-deluded jackholes will eat it up though.

• I agree. I doubt there is a human alive that couldn't be placed on that list. It sounds more like a list to try and place blame on others than to accept responsibility for being the cause of not finding a healthy relationship.

• Damn solid list!!

• Lol, that's all? Try dating this dude
    49.media.tumblr.com/.../...ggpBHA1r2cudho1_400.gif

• I would def date him

smart, intelligent, brilliant, and yeah, smart

• @WhatTheHellAmy hey Amy why do you dress like your a grandma even though your probably only thirty? Did Sheldon say bazinga right when he came? I don't know I just feel like he would.

• @thewhiteballer my grandma is one sexy bitch, that's why ;)

• i guess this can be reversed for girls too 😂

• I see nothing wrong with #3. I understand the idea of not pulling out coupons on a first date, but being frugal in this time period is a strength not a weakness.

• Whats wrong with 4?
    I work my ass off during the week, can't a guy enjoy his hobbies in the weekend and take things slow?

• Oh! Most of these apply to me.

• Type of woman guys should avoid dating.
    1. The ones who make this kind of lists.

• What this take is basically saying: "Don't date."

• Hey, I'm the underachiever.
    It's just that I'm REALLY good at everything, so my worst is better from your best!!! LOL.

media4.giphy.com/media/q50lZpFqMDzpu/200_s.gif

• It sounds like you're going to make a man very miserable someday. Haha!

• This coming from the I'm too good for you type of girl you just don't even bother approaching

• Seriously, why do most women have such a hate for video games? I understand the hate for guys who just sit there ALL DAY and play games. But most women seem to just have hate at the very mention or idea of video games. I said MOST women, not all.

• Boom! 7 out of 7!

• Avoid the guy with a hockey mask and a bloody machete. Women keep falling for that type of guy and it always ends pretty badly.

• Sexist silly girl, what utter ignorant drival you talk.

• Way to go and list literally every human being at some point in their lives.

• 2, 3, 4 are just "I want your money"

• Haha! Exactly. I was going to say this myself but you called it.

• And 6 is just code for people that disagree with her. Meaning she is actually guilty of number 6 herself.

• A woman will know for herself what she likes and what she doesn't like. This list only consists of extremes as if all people are some form of extreme, including the aforementioned ones.

This is a good read over a lunch sandwich and tea.

• 1 and 7 are the same.
    2 and 4 are the same.
    Lol.

If you're an under achiever you lack ambition. And if your sense of self is inflated you'll generally be sensitive to your view of yourself being challenged.

I understand wanting a guy with ambition and a guy who is emotionally strong. Definitely want to avoid depressed guys. And no one enjoys someone who takes themselves too seriously.
    But deals? Lol, that doesn't make sense to me. I've dated girls that were into extreme couponing. Definitely value in looking for deals. If you've paid bills, rent and for all your own food and gas... looking for deals makes sense.

• More from Guys
    33

What Girls Said 25

• 1 and 3 aren't that bad... but they aren't good either. Haha
    Others - definitely avoid! xD

• wow amazing take

• * girls chasing the one remaining guy*. 😂😂

• Frankly, I see nothing wrong with an underachiever, or a guy who lacks ambition, as long as they're honest about it, and they're not lazy. I mean, if the woman of the house is gonna be the breadwinner, who gives a fuck? Women were underachievers for centuries in the household. If the girl can earn, and the man carries his share of the relationship in his own way, I say it's all fair.

Plus, video games are a great bonding activity for any couple, as long as you stop judging him for it because you apparently "know the type".

• this list is gold, i get a lot of all these types, and avoid damn near all of them, i see the red flags, and feel the negative energy and if after we talk i dont feel too good about my self i know i need to dodge him. You also forgot the CHRONIC LIAR types.

• I agree with number 7, but this list cuts off almost 100% of the male population lol

• My ex partner went through quite a while of being very depressed ( I'm not going to say he had full-on depression, because we don't know that -he never saw anyone about it... and I'm not going to say it was phase he went through because it's become such a insulting term)
    He also had no desire for a long time to get a proper job. He wasn't interested in a career, He was happy dealing drugs and selling everything he could that was stolen. He was also the fridge raider/video game guy

He's also the best guy I know. He'd do anything for the people he cares about. He looks out for everyone, and he knows a hell of a lot more than most people who class themselves as "better" than him.
    He gave me my little boy, and he is an absolutely brilliant dad to him. I couldn't have asked for a better father for my son. He doesn't see him as much as he'd like, but that's because nowadays, he is busy working.

He had no motivation for a while, many people go through that, and most of the time its down to other stuff going on in their lives. It doesn't mean that they are not worth giving any time to, or that they aren't smart or that they make crappy partners.
    Maybe if you took yourself down off that pedestal, turned off 90210, and went and spent time with guys in the real world, you wouldn't be so judgmental.
    People aren't so black and white, and you may end up very lonely and bitter if you walk around with your nose in the air like this.
    Give guys a chance, you'll be surprised.

• Yes but after nobody wouldn't date me cause I'm not good enough for them

• to make sense out of this list, we can all agree on one thing:

"haha, and then what? ;)"

• This list is ridiculous I can't even take it seriously cause every guy is different has most of these traits

• My boyfriend was number 3, 5, and 6 before we worked things out and discussed what needed to be changed. A lot of the things he wasn't even aware of before I told him they bothered me. He's not number 6 anymore and is very open to new things like I am but he's still a bit "cheap" (which is fine, it's good to save) and he's very pessimistic but tries his best to be positive for me.

• I couldn't disagree more with this whole thing. Most guys have at least 20% of every point on that list.

• I dated a guy who was 2 and 6, I left him. He was my 1st serious boyfriend and I thought the world of him, come to find out he thought highly of himself, but had no goals whatsoever. He never took my advice either, even when he would complain about the same thing over and over again. On our 1st couple of dates, he made himself seem grand, all these goals, interests etc, come to find out that was just all a show. I will never again date a guy who isn't actively pursuing something serious. Also understand that the person (man or woman) will not change unless they themselves want to change. When I confronted him about his lack of goals, he got extremely upset w/me, even though we had talked about marriage, kids. etc. If you want to be w/me long term you better bet that I want to see you moving forward because in the end our lives will be tied together, any decisions you make will affect the both of us.

• 1. Is my type of guy. I like a man that can make decisions for me when I'm not so sure lol
    3. There's nothing wrong with a guy looking for a deal as long as he's not telling you no.
    4. There's nothing wrong with the underachiever routine as long as it's a day he's off from work lol
    5. I don't think it's right tog utter stigmatize mental illness but whatever.

The rest I agree with lol

• It's essentially impossible even for the most perfect man to not exhibit several of these characteristics from time to time. I get the idea of the list, but it's poorly expressed, I think

• so basically, be single forever. lol

• My ex was 1 and 2. His music career was going nowhere, yet everything that I did was wrong. He never even took me out on a proper date! Told me while I drove us to the cheap buffet that "I better not act like I'm paying for the date" because he "knows" me. Glad that I dodged that...

• Poor guys! I don't know any guy who would fulfil this list... Because they are human! Everyone has a fragile ego from time to time, just like sometimes everyone will have so much confidence that it borders on self absorbed. No one is perfect. By the way- I love a guy who budgets or tries to get a good deal. It usually means he is saving money for the important stuff. And someone who take himself seriously, is usually someone who is ambitious and driven in their profession. ( so can't really see these are being much of a problem). One thing I do hate is women who pick men apart at the smallest flaws, and then complain that they don't have anyone special.

• I know plenty of guys who would fulfill this list. You probably haven't met the right guy yet.

• @sparkly-crystal you're 17 I'm 18 we don't know a goddam thing about the world yet.

• I actually quite enjoy #5's. I like to see them as realists. they're a breath of fresh air as opposed to the annoying, unrealistic, idealists.

• Well I've honestly had my fair shares of #s 2 'n' 4-6.

• More from Girls
    5