Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys

Why women can't resist bad boys

1. Bad Boys Don’t Pretend

Bad boys don’t change their personality to accommodate whoever is in the room.They don’t try to be nicer to make a good impression.

*They don’t try to be cooler.

*They don’t try to be smarter.

*They don’t try to be sweeter.

They just are who they are and don’t care how anyone takes it.This level of authenticity is extremely attractive to women and it communicates maturity, composure, and honesty.

2. Bad boys aren't scared

Another reason bad boys do things with purpose is because they aren’t scared. They aren’t scared or worried of what a woman will think of them or how she’ll react. They’re not afraid of what might happen. Whatever comes up or happens, they’ll deal with it then. If a woman is attracted to you, then she doesn’t mind and even likes if you’re assertive and aren’t scared to push things to the next level with her. When you start being weird and afraid, she’ll back off and her attraction for you will start disappearing.

3. They are fearless, outspoken and incisive

HBO’s Bill Maher is a real bad boy!!! Sharp-witted, brilliant, caustic … and, yes, brash and edgy.

Nice guys are usually timid and shy away from any kind of controversy or conflict.They’re afraid of something really bad happening to them.Bad boys don’t flinch or blink when it comes to this stuff. They aren't politically correct!!!!

4. Bad Boys Think Highly of Themselves

Women want a guy who thinks highly of himself and knows his value and place in the world.

5. Bad Boys Don’t Get Played

What I mean by “played” is that they don’t get their heart broken because they were too blind to see what was going on in front of them. Bad boys have experience with women. They know the game. Bad boys know not to put their heart on the line and they’re careful and observant with any woman they’re involved with.

6. Bad Boys Aren’t Clowns

We all try to be funny from time to time to make people laugh and some of us even overdo it. Bad boys know how and when to be funny but that isn’t the main concern to them. They’re not “funny” guys. The “serious guy” appeal seems to work just fine and a bad boy will only say something funny if it’s funny to him. He won’t say it to get a reaction out of a woman or to get her approval. That’s VERY IMPORTANT.

7. Bad Boys Dominate

Ever hear of bad boys being submissive wussy boys? Me neither. That’s because they’re not.

Bad boys are usually the most dominant in any group of men. They’re the ones who don’t take shit from anyone. They’re the ones who others watch their behavior around as to not piss him off. They’re the ones who get what they want and when they want it. They’re the ones who usually tell others what to do and they do it.

8. Mysterious – Bad Boys Don’t Sell Themselves

When nice guys meet an awesome woman, they feel the need to be a salesman and sell her all the reasons why she should pick him or be romantically interested in him. They feel the need to convince her of what a great guy they are and all the reasons they are good for her. They don’t realize that women generally don’t care about all that stuff up front because it never makes her “feel” any attraction for them. Bad boys DO realize this and know that selling themselves might actually hurt them instead of help. They just have cool encoded into their DNA.

sparkly-crystal is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 62

• Bravo! Bravo! LOVE THIS TAKE. TWEETING IT OUT TO MY 28K PEEPS RIGHT NOW. Sorry for the Caps lol

• When did Bill Maher become a bad boy?
    More like whiney b! tch boy.

• Most of what you said isn't accurate.

Most "bad boys", especially teenage "bad boys", are insecure, SCARED, and CHANGE their ways to put on a "cool" front. Also, they ACT like they're "dominant", but they're actually big babies. Actually, it's the complete opposite-This entire "MyTake" is inaccurate.

Sorry, but I can't disagree more with this "MyTake." I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: You're 17 years old, and haven't realized it yet (Although when I was your age, I already realized it).

• lmaoo that's not true at all even you know it.

• Exactly! Bad boys are bad because they're insecure, and it's entirely an act to change themselves. However, high school girls don't realize this because they are easily manipulated.

• Great take!

• Just don't get mad when they use you, abuse you, and leave you by the side of the road or for another cheap girl.

• if you change "bad boy" to "real man" then we're good.

• Interesting but a lot of these attributes aren't really bad boy exclusive.

• 1. A real man doesn't pretend, only fake ones do. It's not about being bad or good.

2. Everyone gets scared, the difference between a grown up and a kid, is that the grown up finds the courage to overcome that fear. Again, it's not about bad and good.

3. Same thing: a grown up, a mature man, will voice his opinion no matter what, cause that's who he is, and he embraces it. It's not about bad or good.

4. A man that wants to succeed in life, needs to think highly of themselves. Again, not about bad or good.

5. Same thing... again. A man doesn't get played, kids do. Not about bad or good.

6. A man is not a clown, but a man knows when it's time to laugh, and when it's time to be serious. Girls like that. Girls don't dig the frowny dude that makes a joke once in a blue moon and tries to be cool. A man knows when to not take himself too seriously, and girls love that. Not about bad or good

7. A man dominates, because being dominated is for kids. A real man strives for greatness, not to stay in the average. Again, not about bad or good.

8. A man knows his worth, and he won't drop his value to get a woman. He'll never put a woman before him unless this woman is his wife or daughter. If she wants him, she can have him, if she doesn't, he's not gonna drop to his knees to get her. Not about bad or good.

You're 17, you know as much about men as I know about black holes. When you drop that HS mentality you'll realize that bad boys are just that... boys. When it's about getting the woman, men will win 100% of the time against boys.

• But the guys she mentioned like Bill Maher and Will Cain are powerful men who have the reputation of being a "bad boy" for obvious reasons.

• Good points.

• I think this comes down to what you define a 'bad boy as'-most people think of the guy his a bit of a dickhead but girls seem to swoon after coz he's charismatic or good looking, even though he'll probably be a jerk in a relationship. But If you're just talking about manly, charismatic men in general then fair enough.

• This was absolutely terrible.

• It amazes me how this all trumps the fact that they're BAD BOYS! Will treat you like trash, possibly abuse you physically and/or emotionally/mentally etc etc etc lol Blows my mind.

• Its a description of a guy that is confident, knows who he is and what he wants. He isn’t afraid to look people in the eye, speak up and stand up for what he believes in, he’s real and doesn’t pretend to be someone he’s not. It’s called confidence. A real bad boy is confident for the wrong reasons but it still works because confidence is sexy and attractive.

• I found that keeping it real helps much more. And a lot of common sense with a bit of logic too.

You can be a clown too and girls still be attracted to you. But you need to show some intelligence and awareness when doing that.

If you behave like a clown for some people but later show to them your smarter side and a bit of wits, you can tell them that you acted like a clown because you felt like it and you do not give a crap what they say. That is actually an "alpha" trait. You can reframe it and tell them you felt like you didn't actually have anyone to talk to at your level or something like that.

• images.firstwefeast.com/.../...2k8psfcisolcc4i.gif
    Not bad...

Fuck Bill Maher, the deluded bastard.

• Its kind of represents the contradiction at the heart of all women where on one hand they say they want a nice guy who treats them as an equal and with respect but they are always more attracted to the sexist chauvinistic bad boy that doesn't treat them equally or with respect and usually treats them like crap and uses them as cum buckets to pump and dump. Its usually privileged white feminists that will go through a bad boy phase and flush all their deeply held convictions down the can as they submit to male domination and control. The more crap and drama these bad boys bring to the door the more they want him. But most as they get older towards their thirties they realise their looks will fade soon and they figure its time to find a man any man th

• Never understood this. Bad boys do pretend, they pretend to be bad boys they pretend they don't care they convince themselves of their superiority etc etc. The reason why they don't care or don't "try"(they act like the way they do because women fall for it, if being a nice guy worked they would do that) is because they have closed themselves off emotionally so that they can't get hurt. The vast majority of bad boys have emotional issues usually dealing with intimacy (I have known them and been friends with them and when your around them enough (not just for quick sex) you start to realize this). The fact is they are the way they are because women are to caught up in the fantasy, the faux-romance of it, he is mysterious? How so, he has a job he has hobbies he does literally the same things every one else does. He doesn't fear anything and is decisive? Thats because they cut themselves off so they don't feel because they can't handle it, and your only decisive when you either don't care (ie getting sex from a girl he doesn't care about) or are to stupid to see all the options. As for getting played, its hard to get played when you refuse to develop attachments and from the guy I know he refused to get attachments because he was played in the past (his first girlfriend cheated on him, his friends stabbed him in the back (several of them) so he became the bad boy women love, because he refused to feel any kind of attachment.) confidence, from my experience with the bad boy types, he was confident as a overcompensation, because of all the past problems he stopped doubting himself not because he was confident but because he needed to prove to himself, the voice in his head that he was not as worthless as he felt. As for dominance, No. Thats stupid, they do not comand respect from simply existing where the hell did you get that idea? The only thing I have noticed is they try to pretend they command respect and usually don't get it. Again this is purely based upon my experiences but then perhaps I have not met enough "bad boys". Now I know the immediate rebuttel is going to be that I am a "butthurt nice guy/beta male" which is far from the case. I simply don't tolerate bullshit and quite honestly any one who bothers to actually look at the bad boy can see their the sad used car sales men of the male community, its a fascade that they put up but they talk/act/dress pretty so any one who isn't paying attention buys into what their selling.

• Thanks for the post, it touched whatever cold-corrupt "bad boy" heart I have inside. Cool to know this is what you sillies thought of us >:)

• The bad boys are usually sociopaths, who have little to offer beyond an abusive relationship and a lifetime in welfare housing.

• That is exactly the opposite of how boys are being raised. lol Another hurdle is that many of those same traits make it so that they don't see the value of a relationship if he doesn't care as much about the girl and insists on putting himself first like that. When women date bad boys like that, then want a relationship later on with a guy that respects her and puts effort into the relationship, that is kinda like a guy that sleeps around with slutty girls for years, but only wants to marry a virgin later on.

• "That is exactly the opposite of how boys are being raised"-It's also the exact opposite of how they actually are too.

• Simply, bad boys have more manly qualities thats an indication of a good relationship later.

Thank god I knew this as a teen

• But you're not a man. You don't know how men actually feel, and judge by how people act, which is why all of this is silly. You can just add easily be a whimpering dog acting tough and meet this criteria.

• More from Guys
    42

What Girls Said 25

• Omg when I saw the photo of Ian Somerhalder I was like 'YES!' <3 From the very beginning of The Vampire Diaries I was always Team Damon... Stefan is so boring.

• Oyy so.. The Ripper of Monterey is boring to you huh lol

• @Echelon333 I would be the same, but Ian Somerhalder's eyes break me every time <3

• Oh yeah I understand lol And also.. that jawline! #nohomo

• I can resist bad boys

• No thanks not all women like to be treated like crap.

• Well, the MyTake owner is in high school so it makes since why she likes bad boys. Adult women are mature.

• Haha me personally have fights with these types.

• Very simple answer! THEY AREN'T MATURE ENOUGH! THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT A RELATIONSHIP IS REALLY LIKE!

• The only "women" who prefer bad boys are teenage girls, such as yourself. When women hit adulthood, they don't like these guys anymore. I was guilty of this in high school myself, but every since I've been in college, I've grown out of it.

• All of this is so true, but only for some girls. I prefer 'bad boys' but not all girls think the same way.

• at least they are not hypocrite like a the "nice" guys who in reality always complain to everyone but do nothing for change his condition

• I would personally avoid a bad boy like the plague, but they somehow have a way of finding me! That's all I seem to attract 😡

• I really hate that I'm crazy about a bad boy :/

• I'm sorry but isn't anyone else getting annoyed with these posts it seems like every week there a new post about it. Jesus that's what only people care about on this site?

• Agree 100% but I still lean more towards the mature, responsible guy who isn't exactly alpha, confident, and outspoken. Usually the guys that you're describing sound nice and desirable but have a downfall too. They could be abusive, too controlling, a cheater, no follow-through, don't keep their word, etc. Bad boys are hot and have desirable traits but come with some bad ones too. They're not realistic for a long-term relationship.

• Strangely enough, that was a very good take. Lots of sense.

• nice mytake 😎

• THAT's why I love "bad boys"

• i do think these traits are irresistible BUT they don't occur in "bad boys". they appear in confident, well adjusted, assertive men.

• You're confusing a bad boy with an assertive one. You don't have to be a bad person to be assertive and honest about who you are. You idiotically described a sociopath/psychopath without even knowing it
    You literally described a sociopath
    1. Lol. Bad boys are the opposite of sweet. They don't accommodate because they only care about themselves thus making it impossible to have a relationship with them
    2. Sociopaths/psychopaths don't usually feel fear because of the shallow affect: http://www.thecriminalmind.us/shallow-affect/
    3. See above. They're also usually superficially charming. That's pretty much a criteria.
    4. Narcissism is common in socio/psychopaths.
    5. They have no emotions. Being played wouldn't effect them because they're cold-blooded. They don't care either way. All they know how to do is use and abuse people.
    6. Psychopaths don't understand human humor because they don't have a sense of irony. Here is a diagnosed psychopath admitting this: www.psychopathicwritings.com/.../...ths-laugh.html
    7. Because they are megalomaniacal and power-obsessed. They make perfect dictators and terrorists.
    8. You'd be mysterious too if you were hiding dead bodies.
    www.minddisorders.com/.../...opathy-Checklist.html
    http://www.md-health.com/Sociopath-Traits.html

Yes, please continue to tell us how these human cancers are attractive
    media.giphy.com/media/3bUZvigrUFfAQ/giphy.gif

• You and I put it best.

• Yeah that was what my comment/rant was about. Its the extreme end of the spectrum instead of a balanced man who is both nice and confident, willing to take the lead but also not domineering (can tell you right now if I'm asked nicely I will be happy to help anybody because I'm a nice guy, but if some one comes up and demands something of me with no respect what so ever then thats a good way of getting me to rip them a new one because, pardon the colloquelism "I'm nobodies bitch"). I always equate it to dogs, the ones who strut around barking and acting like they own the place are usually the smallest ones (ie chiuahas) while the ones who don't are the big dogs (ie mastiffs) the reason is because they are usually overcompensating while the big dogs know that they have nothing to fear so they don't feel the need to act tough because they are tough.

• It's really all about balance

• It's definitely the confidence factor. Even if a guy doesn't look like a male model but can walk that fine line between being confident and not being an asshole it definitely bumps up his attractiveness.

• Maybe true :/ :)

• I personally am not a big fan of bad boys, I don't like to be bossed or crossed. I always stand up for myself. I do understand the appeal though. I think this take is true. There is just something about their attitudes that's attractive, in theory. Girls tend to get to wrapped up in them and get their feelings hurt. I think some bad boys are crazy about their girls but just can't give her what she wants, so while he likes a lot, he can't get out of his ways for long enough. There is this 'bad boy' at my school, there isn't anything that's particularly like "oh holy crap" but I've always thought 'If he wanted to, I'd be down' which I think most people have someone like that. I was talking to a a friend and they said the same thing and basically confirmed that I'm not crazy for that. There is just something really attractive about someone who isn't trying to impress anyone, however, that's the problem, they aren't going to try to impress you either. They are friends with benefits kind of guys, not boyfriends. I do think it is kind of funny how many guys are in the comments bashing bad boys cause they're 'good guys'. Don't hate, they've just got game, you can't act, you just gotta have it.

• it depends on the individual if every girl liked bad boys then every girl would like the same type of guy. i know so many girls that like to be treated like queens and also many girls that like bad boys. it depends on the individual

• @chriss Well that's exactly what I just said. They're not my type either. But you can still appreciate someone as being attractive but not want anything to do with them and have a stronger preference for a different type of guy.

• More from Girls
    5