5 Reasons Why You Should Date A Guy Closer To Your Height

I notice many girls tend to prefer taller guys, and not infrequently, much taller ones (at least 6" difference). Yet I believe it would look "better to the eye" dating a guy around your height, like 1 inch more or 1 inch less.Here are the reasons why:

(In alphabetical order)

1) Less jealousy from her friends

5 Reasons, Why You Should Date A Guy Closer To Your Height.

Apparently, a tall boyfriend might trigger more jealously. Sure it's not always that way and it doesn't always happen, but as I said "it's more likely to happen though".

2) More sexual positions

There are some sexual positions, that huge height difference obviously makes it more difficult. So being equal means there are more options available.

3) No excuse to ask for his help in order to reach something

Well, this is a benefit for the guys mostly, not for the girls. But still I believe it gives the impression that girls are being lazy, and want a guy's help in order to reach a certain item placed high. Well stools and chairs exist for a reason.

4) No need for heels in order to kiss each other

Some couples, in order to make up for the height difference, woman is supposed to wear heels wherever their go, so she can reach the man in order to kiss him. And I mean heels at least 4" length.

5) Not awkward in the eye

Well to me such a height difference, like the one in the picture, looks pretty awkward. Still I can't believe there are actually many women who enjoy being so much dwarfed. I can't explain why though. If one of you happen to read this, tell me why you like it.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 19

• 1. No one is jealous of me because he's tall.

2. We have a 10 inch height difference between us and no problems.

3. Ah, yes, how lazy of me to ask the person I love for a favour once in a while. Usually our situation is him hiding the good food like the really nice biscuits on top of the cupboards so I have to climb.

4. Again, we have a 10 inch height difference and we can still kiss when standing and I never wear heels.

5. I think the only awkward thing in that photo is the way he's holding her. I'll partially agree on this one because it can be difficult to get both of us in a photo at the same time (though this is also partially due to his reluctance to be in a photo and him making it purposefully difficult).

• 2-4) WHAT? 10 inches is a big one. My fridge, is like 5-6" taller than me, and I hardly reach the top. He must look like the Eiffel Tower next to you. Sounds inconvenient.
      3) Kinda immature if you ask me.

• @vnmc223320203
      that would make you about 5'10 or 5'10 1/2

• Completely agree, I'm 5'2, SO is 6'2 and there's absolutely no issues, same as you. And I too will ask him to reach things from the top shelf sometimes because 1. he finds it adorable when I can't reach something and likes to tease me and 2. he literally has no steps/chairs for me to use, it's not above a bench etc and 3. Because it is not lazy or immature to ask someone to please grab something, if they're standing next to you (and even if they're not).

• I like tall men. I like looking up into their eyes and feeling all safe and I like being smaller. Tall men are sexy.

• You've never had a girlfriend, have you?

• I don't mind so much.

• This is silly. My boyfriend is a foot taller than me and we don't face any of these challenges you have mentioned here...

• Me too, 5'2 and 6;2, no issues! No heels required etc and if my friends get jealous, that's one thing, if they act on it - they're not really friends.

• I agree, but let's allow the girls keep dreaming

• Hehehhe hilarious! I like tall guys and gonna keep it that way!

• Please, tell me that you're not actually being serious. This is a joke, right?

• These don't sound like reasons at all. I'd rather date someone taller.

• It's not about being 6'3" it's about being taller than the girl you're with. If you're a guy whose 5'0" either find someone who likes shorts guys/or doesn't care. Or find a midget girl.

• So that shorter guys don't get pissed off because the women they like prefer taller guys? Pmsl. I actually prefer guys closer to my height for those reasons, and I don't need a two tread safety step ladder to kiss him. :P

• This is the silliest thing I've ever read. ahahahha xD

• Why you read it then?

• @zagor 6'5" is kinda awkward in my opinion. I'm not the type of guy who has a problem with the girl being taller (or in this case almost a foot taller), but 6'5" is weird height even for guys standards, and she'd grab everyone's attention anyway. I doubt most guys would feel OK going out for a date with her, even if they are above 6'.

• She'll have to find someone like her younger brother, who is 6-10.

• Is it really that bad to like shorter guys?

• Than you? Or shorter than qaverage?

• My height or shorter

• Uncommon I'd say, but fine with me. I had a crush on some girls who were 1-3 inches more.

• So, my mom is lazy for asking dad or me to get something down because she can't reach them and we are near her?
    vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• If I was her I'd use a chair. I never liked asking people to grab me things.

• @vnmc223320203 Around 5'6" as I said to other guy, but I have big hair ( so it's hard to judge accurately. I'm pretty sure I'm not under 5'5" though hahaha. I mean something like this guy when I say big hair:

lh3.googleusercontent.com/1ZUV5wxzXN_m18duHFLNUqsI9cKCz79hAXIgGf1vqhqdTkIYTqX6n0WJk1Ik7rzrFA=h900

Although I don't have the same hairstyle, but the top is just similar.

And BiscuitSwags, I didn't say all, but MANY. I've seen tons of hot models with 70 year old guys. So figure out.

• And models are like less than the 2% of female population.

• Ehhh no thanks, I think I'll date whoever the hell I want

• Or people should date whoever they like.

I've dated a 5'4 guy and liked two 6' guys (I'm 5'0), it's not like people choose others based solely on their height..

• Short guys doesn't like tall in general you know they want to date short girls around 5'2 cause it's more cute.
    A guy reject me cause I was too tall, that's suck :(

• Too tall? Like 6'+?

• @Eric644 I don't give a shit about having kids and if I wanted I would not give a shit about their height.

Are we serious? Why someone should care about their kids height?

• Girls don't usually gain height after 16. Guys grow a couple more years than girls.

• This is silly. How is this even a thing?

• LOL Those are the most ludicrous reasons EVER. None of which hold any water whatsoever. I imagine you are just taking the revers route to why taller bf's are better?
    I do have one actual reason why the same height could be better. At a busy bar or nightclub its really tough for my guy to hear me as I can't just whisper or talk into his ear. (he's a foot taller)

• See? You have to get on a box every time you want to talk to him.

• hahaha i like this take, i'd date a guy close to my height as long as he was at least 1 inch taller

• If he was 0.5 inch taller, no?

• sandy is not the way to describe where i live LOL, very green and grassy

• also, it's like half and half some ethnicities are tall others aren't

What Guys Said 16

• I don't know dude, there is something special about a pretty lady looking up at me with those cute lil' puppy eyes

• lol, u might have pedo thought u know

• @vnmc223320203 Eh OK now you're taking it very far.

• dude the description u gave is what most people give about their 2 yr old kids or 5 yr old nephews lol

• This sounds like something from someone who feels insecure about their height in comparison to other guys. Having said that, I'm not here to down you for it, but I am going to say that for a lot of women they do like tall guys. It's not a bbroken down bad thing, it's just natural.

There are women who don't really care though, but even if they are few you still have to carry on. I know I must sound like a broken record, but it's still true that life has to go on. You can't let yourself be broken by what you can't change.

• Natural. Can you explain?

• Well, basically the kinds of desires genders have in each other are natural. Like how a lot of us guys love big breasts and full figures and are attracted to them. It's natural for us as opposites. Just like it is for women liking and wanting tall men.

• it depends, most men don't like big fake breasts with peperoni nipples. Most men I know, including me prefer smaller natural breasts than big fake breasts. I would prefer a girl's nipples to be cute and perky, not look like swollen quarters

• So, since I'm 6'1, I've got to find a 6' girl?
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...13450ca52c.jpg
    Let them date whoever they want. Lol.

• Didn't say that. After all 6' girls are rare, unless we're talking about volleyball or basketball players.

• They feel safer around bigger taller men. Fuck your logic I'm 6ft 6 bro

• That's too much.

• I like smaller women. TBH I'm very masculine and I really like smaller women because I can throw them around in bed...

• Whoever claims he is "very masculine" most of the times they are not.

• Well fuck me for being 6'9". Barely any girl is close to my size...

• I'm probably in the minority, but I actually prefer dating women closer to my height. Then again I'm also 6"2

• Closer to your height? Like 6'? It would be really tough.

• 5'6"-5'7" is not close.

• Only if she wears 5" heels is.

• This is your insecurity talking.

Admit it, being short is unattractive. If given an opportunity, 95% of short men will choose to be tall.

• I'm not as insecure as you think. And how tall someone can be at 16?

• it depends, if the short man is better looking and the tall man is not attractive, than the short attractive man would win based on his looks. If the short man had the body of a fitness model and the tall man was not in shape, the short man with a fit body would win. But if the short man is competing against a tall man that is equally attractive or is equally fit, the tall man does have a better advantage, at this point the short man is going to have to try harder and use other attributes (confidence, humor, ambition, financial stability) to woo the woman.

• and we can't lie here, even short men do wish they were taller from time to time, especially men who's growth was stunted ( i was supposed to be 6'3 and only ended up being 5'7 due to a medication that stunted my growth). But in the end we can't dwell on it and we just have to use what we have. Confidence is key

• What is your height Mr. Anonymous... ? Mine is 5.11

• Around 5'6" it is. I've noticed younger girls here have really grown the last decade and most of them are equal in height with me. Average females must be like 5'5"-5'6" now when it used to be 5'3" decades ago.

And since you're an Indian, is it true what the other Indian guy says? He says average male is 5'11" there.

• lol what exercise did u do? My parents and family members are short too and if ur already over 18 and above 5'8'' and have some puberty left, use it to improve ur T-levels and get a bigger frame. A 5'10 well framed guy>6' skinny twig. If u know siddharth malhotra, he is just about 6' based on when he actually stands next to tall people but because of his build and proportions he looks tall as fuck. Its better to be like that than actually be a couple of inches taller but twig framed

• aha, wahan pe sab naate hain, dilli mein 6' bahut normal hain, most of my friends are 6'1-6'4''

• legit and they have taller kids, my dad is 5'5 and mom is 5'4 all my cousins and other relatives are under 5'6'' but i am 5'11''

• Were your grandparents tall maybe?

• they were both 5' tall so even my dad benefited actually, from my dad's side genes are super short, mom's side also short but still better, my uncle is 5'6'' as well, i got lucky lol

• Weird, but sounds pretty bizarre if your entire family was short.

• I wasted my time reading this. I love it when girls are shorter than me. Especially fun sized ones haha 😉

• Well I physically lift girls to kiss them if it's that big an issue, so I'm goood. Lol

• So by this logic I am essentially screwed being 6'3" or 6'4" lol. Hardly any girls ever make it to near my height. Generally they are volleyball or basketball players 😅

I don't really have any preference in short girls or girls closer to my height. I find both to be cute. I would prefer someone shorter than me, but that's not that hard to do xD

On a side note, as a guy I wouldn't mind reaching for items high up. It isn't annoying and it isn't hard to do lol. My family asks me to reach for things like the fire-alarms on the ceiling or food on high shelves all the time. My roommate even asks me to reach for him on high shelves on occassion. It doesn't bother me. I'm pretty used to it.

• Eh OK not screwed. But personally I don't ask people if I can't reach something. I feel ashamed to ask.

But those damn bastards in some stores place some things really high. Someone must be at least 5'9-5'10" to reach them. And those who go to stores are usually WOMEN. An average woman is 5'4". Weren't they supposed to place them lower?

• Probably since it is cheaper to stack stuff higher than spread them out. The ceiling is less of a constraint than the width of a store. That's my guess at least... And the height it is at now was what the higher ups deemed within reason.

• Cheaper but not convenient.

• You were always going to get some negative responses from girls on this take. People have something against short guys for some reason. Or they just prefer taller for stupid reasons. Even tall guys I've known were hating on me because I'm a short guy but I got the girls they were trying to get with.

It's hypocritical how girls will bash guys for not wanting fat chicks when they won't give short guys the time of day.

• lol girls have something against tall guy, not ripped guys (notice i didn't say overweight, just not ripped), below hunk looking guys etc etc. If u try to get female approval u'll get suicidal

• Dude your height is not something you control so tis cool , but honestly girls want the opposite of what you listed , you have no idea how many times girls got excited just knowing i was 6'2 and told me how they want to feel small, weak and powerless next to a taller guy who makes her feel small...

• I have heard this from girls who are like 5'3"-5'4". OK if she was like 6' and wants a 6'2" guy. But 5'4"?

• @Eric644 yeah it makes sense but you gotta be much superior in terms of looks to win against a taller dude

• not denying that

• Instead of trying to convince women who like taller to go for shorter just find a girl that already doesn't mind a shorter person. They are in fact out there.

• Less common though.

• whoops sorry didn't mean to tag you that was really for the take writer.

• no worries

• Stop whining short dude. It may "look better" to the eye, but tall dudes have been manlier in the eyes of women for a long time.

• Other kind of height makes you "manly". You know what I mean.

• @Josht11 but with an above average penis?

• No but I'm saying that the height is better if the penis is same size.