5 More Ways You Know You're Ready to Tackle the Dating World

Seeing that some people are looking for a sequel to the first one, I decide to go more in-depth of each bullet point.

How You Know You're Ready to Tackle the Dating World, Part 2

The first thing you must do is ask yourself whether you are physically, emotionally, financially, socially, and spiritually well.

Physical wellness is about your physical health. A fit, healthy person will seem like a more attractive partner than a sickly or obese person. If you are sickly, obese, or disabled, then you may experience difficulty in attracting a mate. In that case, you may have to (1) look for someone like you; (2) find someone who is willing to overlook your disability or undesirable trait; (3) change yourself so you become a normal, fit, and healthy person; or (4) adapt to the real world while living with a persistent disability. If the last one, then hopefully your partner is willing to tolerate the disability accommodations that enable you to function like a normal person.

Emotional wellness is about your ability to handle your negative emotions in a mature manner. Throwing a fit when something is not going your way, bickering about trivial things, and feeling extremely anxious and depressed for a long period of time are not mature behaviors. A romantic partner may not want to hang out with you, if you handle things too immaturely, because a romantic partner is looking for someone he can raise babies with, not a baby as a romantic partner.

Financial wellness is about your ability to handle your money. You don't have to be a millionaire or billionaire to be financially well. You just have to live below your means, pay your dues, and understand the ins and outs of your checkbook.

Social wellness is about your ability to socialize with other people. Social ineptness is a weakness, a sign that you cannot communicate effectively with other people. Given that finding a lifelong soulmate is ultimately about adding someone to your family tree, you should be able to communicate effectively with your potential lifelong partner/family member. Otherwise, family life would be hell for you.

Spiritual wellness is about finding a strong sense of purpose and meaning in life. You may be a religious person who believes that God calls you to do something. Alternatively, you may be a non-religious person who believes that your natural calling is to serve people by providing quality medical care. If, however, you are the type of person that feels like a loser with no sense of direction, then you may want to seek help in shaping your own future identity. Maybe ask your parents for advice, or ask someone at a government employment agency about an appropriate career choice.

To sum up, you just have to be physically fit and healthy, emotionally mature, financially stable, socially personable, and spiritually fulfilled to find success in dating. I may also add traditional skills that may improve a woman's marriageability into a good family (though, it may not apply anymore) like cooking, sewing, literacy, and playing a musical instrument. These "traditional skills" no longer apply to Western women; however, they may be very useful life skills to men and women. As for "traditional skills" for men, they may work on their charisma.

The ability to persuade charmingly is a skill that may be necessary in getting your prospective wife's father's approval (and maybe your own father's approval) of the marriage. Receiving the elderly parent's blessing is still custom in many Western families. Like the traditional skills for women, charisma is no longer limited to men. Women also need to have a charming character to win hearts.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• Fuck those wellnesses. I hate women trying to shape men's character. They are losers enough to not accept people's personality.

• Have looks and money and that's all you need to get a woman to date you.

• "As for 'traditional skills' for men, they may work on their charisma."

How does a guy work on his charisma, especially if he has not been very charismatic in the past? What do you suggest?

• I suggest looking for ways to appear charming and convincing, genuine and honest. However, honesty is not always a good thing, because it can expose one's weaknesses in an unflattering light. You have to acknowledge your weaknesses, but sound like you are always improving them. Sort of like a job interview. If you can make HR think you'll going to be a great hire, then you can make your future father-in-law think you'll going to be a great husband.

• I was meaning more how to be charismatic towards the girl herself, not her father. Would improving my charisma with the actual women I want to date, be done in a similar way? Or is it different?

• Similar to a job interview. Treat dating like a job interview. Dress nicely. Standard gender norms apply. Give eye contact. Answer questions. Show that you are actively listening to appear like you want the job/woman, but do not sound too desperate.

• "These "traditional skills" no longer apply to Western women;"
    Indeed. All that applies today to them is to be drunken sluts. I have had a dozen of white western hoz travel tousand of miles to my studio in Mumbai. And it was them ho contacted me asking desperately. To be dissed lol

• This was an interesting read

• What if I lost my hair to a condition at 17? I'm healthy but a shaved head (shadow still shows loss areas) may be taken as sickly wouldn't you agree? And there's nothing I can do about that. And NO absolute no I will not gangs my standards or date a plain or average and definitely not fat or unattractive looking girl. My standard is set at like a 7-8 I only need one and something legit true but still the lowest I'd date is a 7, you think a shaved head at a young age makes a person sickly?

• You will eventually grow into it. You just happen to have premature hair loss. Until then, you may wear a wig, even though that can be very expensive.

• Grow into it? What do you mean? Dating young is out? Honestly I'd end it before waiting until 30's to date. Is that what you're implying? Young women are a no go now for most given my high standards?

• cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...8464-b388a3783acf-m.jpg

What I look like. And no I'm not buying a wig, I'm just concerned no I won't get an 7-8 range looking YOUNG girl 18-22 range my age..

• It is mainly cos of this: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a27854-woman-hears-the-exact-same-thing-from-two-guys-but-she-reacts

If a girl would simply be more full of energy and sexual around the guy who is being caring and treating her delicately then it would be far simpler. I. e. pay attention to the guy who pays you attention since he is clearly interested not just doing it for no reason.

• You girls will eventually date the confident ones regardless of these traits and settle with people who have nothing to do with these things because confidence is what you want and you will not be happy if someone whos not confident but have those traits approaches you because only people continuously improves themselves will know his limitations

• Wellness builds confidence. Work on wellness first, and confidence and self-esteem naturally will follow.

However, I do believe that some people give false displays of confidence. They know they are insecure, so they put up a false display of confidence. They are extremely good at hiding their weaknesses, or perhaps their weaknesses are very minor. Showing a false display of confidence is not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes, you have to show your employer or your potential dating partner that you are confident in your abilities and have high self-esteem, and they may think you are successful and hire you or be your dating buddy.

• Living on One Dollar (2013) is a documentary about two Economics major students and two young adult filmmakers living in Central or South America among the locals and struggling to survive on roughly less than a dollar a day. The students are in for the research, while the filmmakers are like film assistants, doing the filming. They meet impoverished families. One young couple has a 24-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman, and they have been together for 8 years as a couple. The Economics major student himself says he really looks up to the 20-year-old mother, because she behaves like a full-grown adult, as opposed to a typical young adult in the United States. I think the children must have sped up the aging process. Some people have kids young, and they mature faster into adult parents than people who don't have kids and live a rather irresponsible lifestyle.

• Ok... you are so resourceful

• Well Im fit but unemployed not broke but I'm probably fucked as well.
    Bloody economy.

• No, you're not. And you will not, if you do not keep that mentality. Work on self-improvement. We are always improving ourselves and our condition. If you aim for one aspect of wellness, then chances are, the others will follow, as the dimensions of wellness are highly interconnected. These things are just about being a well-rounded, functioning adult.

• Makes sense! This is Very helpful. I guess i need to shape up and some of those fixed!

• Well I have the first one. But none of the others. Guess I'm fucked...

What Girls Said 5

• I agree to all your points. This take tackles about the holistic development of an individual and the said quality is a HUGE determiner whether one is ready to date or not.

This is a must read and great myTake!

• This is very nice. Maybe I need some work to do before date :)

• Incredibly immature to think depression is about maturity...

• I was thinking something similar. Its not like people choose to be depressed or anxious.

• Great take 😊

• The health thing is not always in someone's control. For example, I have a disease I've had since 15 that is genetic. I do my best to control symptoms but its not curable and limited what I can do.

Does that hinder dating? Yes, any man who dates me has to understand and be willing to support.

As I say. They have a choice... I don't.

• Yep, I did take that into account. :)