Top 5 Hot Spots To Meet People This Summer

TOP 5 HOT SPOTS TO MEET PEOPLE THIS SUMMER

Let's face it ... online dating isn't for everyone. I don't consider myself a one trick pony. I do like to offer up other ideas on where my clients can meet people besides their dating apps. So many of my clients just don't know where to meet people so I wanted to share my TOP 5 HOT SPOTS where you can meet people this summer.

1. THE DOG PARK

Animals lovers love animal lovers. It's like PB&J or cookies and milk. Seriously...if you have a pet and a dog park nearby than you just stumbled upon one of the best places to meet people in 2016. Dog Parks used to be only for the big cities but now they are everywhere. How easy would it be to open a conversation in one of these parks? Nothing in common? Not a chance.

2. THE GROCERY STORE

Now I am not talking about your mom and dad's grocery store from the 80's and 90's. I am talking about the cool, sleek , holy shit is that a wine bar in the middle of the store grocery store. I used to love meeting people at Whole Foods when I lived in Dallas, TX. These are really starting to cater to the after work crowd. Grab a few drinks, conduct some executive flirting and grab the milk on the way out the door. Many of these stores now do wine tasting and speed dating. Get out there and try something different.

3. COOKING CLASSES

This is a no-brainer boys and girls. Cooking classes are not only fulfilling, but also an unpressured way to meet like-minded members of the opposite sex. If cooking is a hobby then bust out that spatula and go make something great with someone new. Check out HIPCOOKS in LA if you are in the neighborhood. Best part is you get to eat everything you cook!

4. ESCAPE ROOMS

A new form of themed entertainment popping up across the country involves players willingly getting trapped in a room. To get out, they must solve a series of puzzles.

Singles all over the country are flocking to these mixers as a new and interesting way to meet people.

It's a social thing to do on a Friday night that isn't going to a bar and getting drunk. And everyone has to put their phones away and everyone has to interact with each other.

Kayden Ressel, escape room entrepreneur

5. CHURCH

When I went to church as a young man it was all old people. Now they rock out every Sunday at most churches with live bands, fun activities, and lunch mixers. If you always thought about joining a church there is no better time then the present. These bad boys are super organized, friendly, and have a ton of singles.

No matter what you do this summer you must get off the couch and put yourself out there. Seriously I know it sounds cliche but it's the truth. Taking action is more important then the actual venue. Try something new this summer you won't regret it.

coachTanthony is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• Cons: Don't have a dog. I don't think you can do escape rooms with strangers, I guess your church is different than mine. xD

Grocery store - you just find what you want and leave. o. O

Cooking classes - a viable option.

• Good Take, I was trying to think of some places to meet people and this helped a lot.

• The problem is, we're such a virtual world these days, nobody wants to meet in person. I talk t so many girls who think guys are "creepy" because they approach them...

• @ellielexis513 Thank you

• @EnglishArtsteacher I am an online dating coach... believe me there are plenty of people who want to meet in person. Patience is the key. People give up too easily because of a few bad apples. I couldn't wait to get off of work and go grab a glass of wine and run my grocery cart into hot chicks! "Hey, i hope you have insurance" too much fun! Seriously dude... life is too short!
      (Limiting beliefs) are those which constrain us in some way. Just by believing them, we do not think, do or say the things that they inhibit. And in doing so we impoverish our lives.

• Kayden Ressel, escape room entrepreneur? lol Is there anything else? Well?

• Just meet your neighbors, join clubs hosted by the library, and make friends at work and then meet friends of friends. Boom now you have 300 friends.

• Well church isn't really an option for all the atheists and escape rooms are unfortunately not that common yet and many won't put you together with random people but I agree with the others.
    I personally also like festivals and sports for meeting people like rock climbing tours or martial arts training. I've met some really cool people doing martial arts actually.

• This is great and all but that first stock photo is obviously of a mother and son? Bit of an unusual choice for a dating article.

• Can randoms do escape rooms? I didn't know that.

I've done one with a bunch of girlfriends, and one with my husband, my 13-year-old and a few of his friends.
    In both cases, the group before us (coming out and getting photos taken when we were in the waiting area) and the group after us were, also, clearly people who all knew each other already.

Wasn't aware you could sign up without a group. Is it like... golf foursomes? where you could just sign up in smaller numbers and they'd throw you together to make a bigger group?

__

As for the church thing -- I don't know whether the services themselves are too meetup-y, but, lemme tell ya... some of the churches have outdoor movie nights, and Vegas nights, and stuff like that, and, I swear, it seems like *every* single person comes back from those things with a date for the next week. LOL Something in the water...

__

In any case... The most important thing is to be open to spontaneous meetings/conversation basically wherever-the-hell, if the vibe strikes you.
    I mean, I met 2 different long-term boyfriends in traffic. LOL And I met my husband at an airport gate.
    So, you really never know.

• Excellent take. I normally meet people in supermarkets. But still haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Mights try other places, except for the Church. I'm not religious.

What Guys Said 18

• this is a great take.

• Great take man! Some good ideas beyond the usual clubs n gym

• escape rooms really thats a thing?

fuck looking for a mixer, i wanna do that shit just for fun.

• Many singles @ churches😂 Could've predicted that.

No alcohol on a Friday night? How is average joe supposed to get laid? Alcohol is the only thing that makes us average joes "get lucky" I would highly suggest the bars and pubs

• I would like to try number 4, as I've never heard of that before until now.

• lol wrong minus the dog park which doesn't exist for 90% of the country.
    1: walking ur dog (not dog park)
    2: beach or lake
    3: tiki bars or bars in general
    4: grocery store is not bad but hard to pull off
    5: luck

• Check out Dogpark. com to find your closest dog park. There are more now then you think. Thanks for the comment.

• What are Escape Rooms? Sounds interesting. But they must exist only in America I guess.

As for churches... since when churches have live bands? Christian Rock/Metal I suppose?

• I meet a lot of people out on the lake. I take my 19.5 ft cedar strip sea kayak that I made out for a paddle and everyone likes to come up and see it!

• 1. Make sure your dog knocks up their dog so it can be just like The Choice! Seriously, though, dogs are like a matchmaker.

2. From Reddit:
    PRO: There is a wine bar at Whole Foods
    CON: There's nobody to talk to except the sort of people who shop at Whole Foods

I am unconvinced. Not least of all because shopping while drunk is arguably worse than hungry, because you buy not just snacks but other weird shit you think is 'cool' and waste your money. Fun story: a bunch of friends and I went to a 24 hour supermarket while LOADED and filled a shopping cart. $150 worth of complete junk.

3. Home Ec for grown ups, what could go wrong? Maybe don't do it in a cocktail dress, though...

4. Would you really want to do this with strangers? The inevitable douche-bro and know-it-all bitch who tries to make you do it all their way?

5. "Hey babe, want to go commit some mortal sins? Or stand on a street corner together and harangue others about theirs?"

• Fuck church, this is like a post from the 70's.

• 6. the Internet

• I highly suggest you check out a church for a good date. Though ladies you might have to be a bit forward with the guys. Sadly few Christian guys are taught to be bold towards a girl they like.

• Lold @ Grocery Store.. BRB..
    "Where is the frozen food section?"
    "Oh that's going to be in the very back left sir"
    "Hey... w-w-want to hang out?"

• Well, from what I gather on this site girls aren't really open nor interested in us guys approaching them

• I think the grocery store and the church are weird places to meet people.

• ESCAPE ROOMS?
    Now that's something new for me. Interesting.

• Oh it's awesome!! I've been to one.
      It's like those online games where you only have a scene, but you can click random things, and there are clues, and puzzles, and drawers, and hints, and locks, and safes, and hidden compartments. It really is a charm.

I've read that they make it doable in like 30 mins, but when you do it, you feel smart, as if you're discovering something like Indiana Jones, or National Treasure. But it was just laid out that way, so you could feel "smart". Still fun as hell when you do it with at least 3 or 4 people.

• @mikemx55 Where did you do it?

• Here in Madeira Island, but I hear there are trending now in a lot of places.

• 1. don't like dogs
    2. I don't move slow enough in grocery stores
    3. not interested in stupid people with stupid parents
    4. this is stupid. I'd rather go to ax throwing.
    5. no. too weird and emo.

• someone's a little pessimistic, lol.

• you don't have to be a PUA to approach a woman. if you know of some other route then share it, I just don't see the point of this list.

• @the_rake Getting famous works. Or just ignoring chicks and going for cars.

• Best dog park pickup line...

"Hey can I jerk off on your dog?"

Trust me, it works...